Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Discussions Buy & Sell Media Albums About

• · Registered
    530 Posts
    Thank you for your help/suggestions on housebreaking issue with my Maggie. When I looked to the left at your profile I saw that your location is on a lake in East Texas. I live in TN now, but do own property on a lake in East Texas that we plan to build on in the very near future! Small world!!
    Trisha

· Registered
    1,460 Posts
    Hi, just signed on, saw your message. I think you misunderstood directions. I couldn't find instructions to apply to dry coat. I believe that only refers to diluting it to a spray & using between baths as needed.
    I shampoo/condition w/Crown Royal conditioner, rinse/rub in Pro-Gro by hand & groom. Brushing/combing while still wet & before drying helps release mats. Last application, use Ice on Ice; seems to protect hair & keeps it silky along with the Pro-Gro. Pro-Gro, silkens the hair on Blaze. All coats are different, so not experienced on cottony coat using Pro-Gro. Blaze has a very silky coat & Pro-Gro enhances that. Not sure how this will work on your Maltese mix since its hair won't be totally silky Maltese but, try it; probably will calm the hair some.
    Ask questions if this doesn't help you. Ice/Ice shows improvement the day after bath/applying it. If you buy a product, CC will send you a sample bottle of anything you request.
    Claire

· Registered
    10 Posts
    Hello Christine, sorry to bother you... but I noticed your posts about Pro-Gro and purchased it based on your raves about it. I have a little cotton-coated Maltese mix and I'm hoping this will do the track and help get her coat under some control. The thing is, I'm just not sure what to do with it. Based on what it says on the bottle, it's to be applied to dry coat and left in... but from everything I've read, it's a conditioner that's applied after shampooing. I was hoping you could clarify or give me a clear idea of how you use it; would very much appreciate any tips you can give me. Thank you so much in advance! :)

· Premium Member
    4,574 Posts
    Aww, thank you for the compliments on Dixie Linda. I'm adorable huh? LOL I'll take the complement too!

· Registered
    1,460 Posts
    Thank you for the message Christine...I see he is to be Trigger, that's cute.
    I affectionately call Gimme "Twinkle", her call name is Gimme but I have a hard time calling her that and can't change it. She's a retired Champion show dog. I hope your Trigger gives you as much pleasure as my sweet pup, Blaze, he's a real companion. What part of TX are you in?
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…