Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

Strange growth on my Lily

4K views 54 replies 22 participants last post by  aprilb 
#1 ·
I found a rather large, hard lump on my Lily today. It is on the skin near her mouth. I have never seen one like this before..it is hard and painless, but it has tiny little scabs all over it and it bleeds easily...I will take her to the vet but has anyone seen anything like this before?? I am concerned..Thanks..

#35 ·
I have no idea what time it is where she is as I am on Greek time and it is 9:45 PM. With all the falling back w/the time zones I am sort of in the Twilight Zone at the moment! :HistericalSmiley::innocent:

#37 ·
Sandi, you might be in bed asleep before I find out..I'm on eastern time so I haven't left yet...my vet was booked today, and I got the last appointment..I am wondering if it had anything to do with the dental, too..that nasty thing is oozing..I will let ya'll know as soon as I know..thanks so much everyone for your concern and support..:wub:

#39 ·
If I wake in the night I will check in April otherwise in the AM---thinking of your baby so much!

#40 ·
April, it has been hard for me to be online a lot right now. I feel rude not even having been able to answer thank you's on my FB wall.

Please know though ... that you and Lily have been in my prayers and that it is nothing serious. I will check in later this evening to see how the vet appointment went today.

Love and hugs for both of you.

#41 ·
Back from the vet...

Lily has a bacterial infection..there is no lump, the skin is thickened there..the vet put her on Clindamycin(antibiotic) twice a day and Muricin cream to put on the sore..but we have no idea how she got it..I'm glad I took her in..hopefully it will clear up with the meds..thank you all for your support..:wub:

#42 ·
Lily has a bacterial infection..there is no lump, the skin is thickened there..the vet put her on Clindamycin(antibiotic) twice a day and Muricin cream to put on the sore..but we have no idea how she got it..I'm glad I took her in..hopefully it will clear up with the meds..thank you all for your support..:wub:
That's so weird. Wonder where or how she got it. Did he take a sample to check that it was bacterial? Hoping the meds work. :wub::wub:

#43 ·
If she had any open skin in that area - from playing with her siblings or scratching her face...normal doggy stuff :)..... and then the bacteria got into the tiny opening - that could easily create a bacterial sore.

I'm glad you took her in and got some stuff to help treat it :) Hope it clears up quick.

#55 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.