Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

angry maltese & Q about whiskers

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Grace'sMom 
#1 ·
a word of advice for everyone who is going to cut their dogs hair for the first time: they will most likely be angry afterwards..atleast my dog was because he came directly into my room and stared at me and pee'd on my bed..my brand new bed! little stinker. luckily i have a bed pad because i know not to trust him..but hes now banished from my room (atleast until my stuffs done washing)

anyways my question was, if i wanted to cut my dogs beard short or trim it at all do i have to be careful of his whiskers? can they be trimmed a little or not at all? as far as i know i shouldnt trim them at all but i dont know that for sure. thanks

#2 ·
Lol I don't know what to make of your post. But, I do thank you for sharing your experience. I have had my darlings pee on bedding and been totally nonplussed by why they did that. Different dogs react differently to being cut down. My dogs have always behaved differently after a short haircut. Other members have said that their dogs seemed happier after a haircut. I don't know.

#3 ·
LOL Gus once got angry at my mom for going out of town... He had been housebroken for over 6 months. The night she came home he went into her closet as she was changing, looked right at her and peed on her shoes! LOL

Grace has yet to "angry pee"..... Boys! :p

I haven't worried about whiskers... I am careful not to shave too close or nick the area the whiskers come out of... but I haven't had problems if they get shaved or cut.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.