Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

We are home!

1K views 23 replies 19 participants last post by  Lmojeda 
#1 ·
See less See more
#11 ·
Congrats on rescuing this precious baby! I know it's gonna be extra work at this age as you're the surrogate mommy but I'm sure she's gonna be in good hands with your love and care. I'm glad she found a home with you :) I don't think you can over-love/spoil at this age. It'll just be super duper important to really socialize her and teach her things that mom/littermates would be through the next 8-16 weeks especially during the critical socialization period. :)

#16 ·
Congrats on rescuing this precious baby! I know it's gonna be extra work at this age as you're the surrogate mommy but I'm sure she's gonna be in good hands with your love and care. I'm glad she found a home with you :) I don't think you can over-love/spoil at this age. It'll just be super duper important to really socialize her and teach her things that mom/littermates would be through the next 8-16 weeks especially during the critical socialization period. :)
Totally agree its not uncommon over here for puppys to go to new owners at 8 weeks over here and when my friend got her maltese from a bad breeder she thought he was 8 weeks old, when she got his paperwork through turned out he was only 6 weeks old!!!! :blink: He has a few behavioural problems now and is very naughty and i feel he missed out on vital time with his mum and littermates and as it was unknown to them he was so little at the time they didnt act as the mummy. Im certain that what he missed out on when he was only a baby has attributed to his behaviour now!

Good luck i think its amazing thing you have done and cannot wait to see how molly comes along it breaks my heart that heartless cruel people can do this to beautiful puppies!! You will do a great job!!

#14 ·
Oh Lisa Marie, what good news!
I think it is all going to work out great! She & you are meant to be together! I think she was brought to you on angel's wings! We will follow her story with great anticipation! You should think about writing a children's story-book about her.
More pix when you can, please!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.