Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

I just felt like blowing up!!!

2K views 24 replies 15 participants last post by  michellerobison 
#1 ·
I have a pet (pardon the pun!) peeve that drives me crazy!!! I makes me so MAD to hear people say: "I need to or I want to get RID of him/her" when referring to their fur baby. I had a lady come into my husbands' office and tell me that she cleans for a lady who had a Coton--11 mts old and she didn't like having to clean up after her so she was going to get RID of her. The cleaning lady took her but she told me that she is not fitting in with her other 2 furbabies (both maltese) and she wants to get RID of her. I told her I would take her. That's how I got my little fluff boy Zoe --we were his 4th home and he was only 3 years old. My mother in law (grrrrrr) wants to get RID of her fluff baby--a maltese named Angel--because she has a skin condition and she don't have the money to get her well. Well...her husband is a flippin millionaire-truly--but he won't pay for the vet even though Angel loves him more that she loves my MIL!!
WHAT IS WRONG WITH THESE PEOPLE!!!??? I get RID of my trash, old clothes that don't fit anymore, spoiled food, etc... My furbabies are my children. These people that say these things, do not deserve to have these precious bundles of love and life even close to them much less in their lives.
Thank you for letting me vent--I feel better now. At least until I hear someone say "get RID of" again...:angry:

#2 ·
Well, thanks. Now you made ME feel bad. :( Really, though, that makes me furious too. People get a dog, and then as soon as they have a kid..out goes the dog. They get a dog and then have to move, they pick a place that doesn't allow dogs...get rid of it. When we moved from Michigan to Nevada, my mother-in-law said to me, "oh? you're going to take the dogs WITH you?" REALLY?? What ELSE would I do? Leave half my family behind? I truly don't understand how somebody can share their life with one of these beautiful souls, and not make the connection. They just treat them like possessions. I hate it too!

#4 ·
Oops, sorry

I'm so sorry if I made you feel bad. That was never my intention to upset anyone. I just get so mad that these people that don't understand that these are living, breathing, loving and caring little souls that hurt, grieve and worry just like we do. Especially our little precious fluff babies. I have had dogs all my life but I have never had one that actually acts like and loves like our babies. These little fluffs are my children--they just wear fur coats and walk on 4 little precious feet. I guess everyone doesn't share our beliefs about them, but that's OK. As someone put on here, there will never be a day that my precious babies will not be loved. (Sorry if I mis-quoted but every word of that is so true!)

#5 ·
I'm so sorry if I made you feel bad. That was never my intention to upset anyone. I just get so mad that these people that don't understand that these are living, breathing, loving and caring little souls that hurt, grieve and worry just like we do. Especially our little precious fluff babies. I have had dogs all my life but I have never had one that actually acts like and loves like our babies. These little fluffs are my children--they just wear fur coats and walk on 4 little precious feet. I guess everyone doesn't share our beliefs about them, but that's OK. As someone put on here, there will never be a day that my precious babies will not be loved. (Sorry if I mis-quoted but every word of that is so true!)
I think that this is a great post!!!! considering Christmas time is coming and alot of people are looking to get a pet. Mabey this will make them think twice!!!! :aktion033:

#6 ·
I hate when people use that horrible expression too. I had a friend who was a interior decorator, and his client "got rid" of her Pekinese and got a poodle when she changed her decor from oriental to country French. Can you imagine?

However, your post made me happy not angry, because of the way you talk about our precious fluff angels and how much you love them.

#7 ·
Bad Girl!!

I said in my first post that my mother in law is going to get RID or her furbaby Angel because she says she can't afford to get her well. What I didn't tell you is what happened on Thanksgiving. She was talking about Angel and getting rid of her. I just looked at her like I could jump through her. Then the conversation turned to my hubby. He has a hernia that we have been watching and the dr. is going to take care of it in Jan. She told me "you better take care of him and make sure he is ok". I said back to her "I would mortgage my home for my dog so you can bet your sweet a-- that I will take care of my husband". She is now mad at me. Oh well....Bad girl, huh?

#8 ·
I said in my first post that my mother in law is going to get RID or her furbaby Angel because she says she can't afford to get her well. What I didn't tell you is what happened on Thanksgiving. She was talking about Angel and getting rid of her. I just looked at her like I could jump through her. Then the conversation turned to my hubby. He has a hernia that we have been watching and the dr. is going to take care of it in Jan. She told me "you better take care of him and make sure he is ok". I said back to her "I would mortgage my home for my dog so you can bet your sweet a-- that I will take care of my husband". She is now mad at me. Oh well....Bad girl, huh?
well then if you are a bad girl, then I want to join your club!

#15 ·
I agree with you 100%.....people don't realize what actually goes into taking care of furbabies and when it becomes too much for them they just want to get rid of it. How can you even think of getting rid of them....they are such a part of me and I love her with all myheart. I don't understand people and never will.

#16 ·
People who don't love fluffs will never understand... having a fluff isn't the same as loving one..
Only people who have a fluff on their computer wallpaper or piccies of fluffs on the mantle or fluff pillows fluff painted lampshades...or fluff this or that will ever understand...
I'd kill for my fluffs,we both would, we'd even put ourselves in danger to save a fluff...
I ran out on a busy highway to save two bichons last summer..., I hated to give them to their owner after he let them run on that highway....

#17 ·
I run Into this all the time, some parents in my childcare, a new baby.. The dog has to go! They know how I feel about my dogs, so they'll make all kind of excuses to me. I tell them that makes me sad, and I would never do that! I'll never understand how anyone can do that!!

#18 ·
I will never for the life of me understand how easily some people can part with their pooches! My only wish is that these precious souls get to a home where they get the love they deserve!

My Naddie, a rescue, came with some issues. I was fully aware of them and pretty confident with time and patience we'd work thru them....BUT if not then we'd simply deal with them! One home she was placed in returned her ( in fact I think there was a second...but at least one other before she came to us). They claimed she was aggressive to their other dog!! NOOOO WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!! Naddie doesn't have a mean bone in her body and absolutely loves every dog she meets. She did have potty issues and I think THAT was the the real reason...they couldn't be bothered to work on training her. She was a challenge I admit.... she was fearful of getting caught doing potty so she'd hold forever then do in secret. yes, we had lots of 'accidents'...but eventually once we gained her trust.. she trained beautifully. Even if she hadn't and she had to continue in diapers I still would never have considered returning her. We made a commitment to her and that's that!

#19 ·
I have my daughters cavashon that I have adopted, she has medical issues and I have spent alot ofoney on her care. People have told me that I just need to pit het down or get rid of her . I made a commitment to her. She is my baby just like my malts are. I could never ever do that. People just don't get it.

#24 ·
My one wish in life is that people who adopt an animal (any animal) realize that it is a lifetime commitment and not something to be taken lightly. I was watching Animal Cops today on Animal Planet and they had a case where someone hog tied their pit bull threw him away in a garbage can and then tied the lid to the garbage can so the poor dog couldn't get out. Thankfully he was rescued but the look in that poor dog's eyes was heartbreaking.

#25 ·
I have a hard enough time letting go of a transport I had for a week or a foster,I've kept...I can't imagine "getting rid of" in my lexicon of terms for anything to do with a living being...
You get rid of trash , not living beings...
Only shows what those people think of a living being...sad...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.