Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

Can I see your nice show-leads...and ask where you got htem?

2K views 16 replies 5 participants last post by  wildcard 
#1 ·
I have one show lead for Bravo - just to have one to start in conformation classes. I'll need a really nice one for our first puppy match (late January).

What do you have that you love? Where did you get it?

Thanks, guys!!

#3 ·
Yes, the kindness ones are acceptable....that's what I have for conformation classes starting next week.

Hmmmm....hadn't thought about the beaded ones being a P.I.T.A. that way. Darn!!

I was watching some videos of Pap classes, and people had some nice leads...

#5 ·
Frustatingly, my favorite lead is a leather one I bought at a show and I can not find the vendor now (I am hoping I will get to go to the same show this year and find them again there). The link Stacy posted has similar ones in the leather, but the one I found is a bit less expensive. Good show leads are a challenge and everyone has their different ones that they prefer. I would encourage you to look at vendors at the shows.

We have a few other members with Paps. One of our members shows both their Maltese and their Papillons. Wildcard DOG HANDLING

I always enjoy watching the Papillons in the ring.

#6 ·
That's a good idea! We are going to attend the Eukanuba show on Dec. 14th.

My husband was asking about getting one for me for Xmas (or my birthday on 1/7) - I forgot there will be vendors.

Yayyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!! Lots of fun things in time for Xmas &&&&&&&& birthday!!!

#10 ·
Lord, girl!!! You and I are going to do some shopping together at the show!!!

I can NOT risk looking like a Clampet in the ring!!!!

#11 ·
LOL!! Don't worry, it happens to everyone at some point. Marina had it happen TWICE in one day when she was showing a shih tzu for someone. At the time she was mortified but now it's just 'eh, no big.'

Friday there is an all-breed show at the same place which is usually less of a complete madhouse than Eukanuba on sat. We'll be showing friday too although the judging program is STILL not available :(

#12 ·
Friday I have to work....there is no one else to manage the un-managable! But if it's later, it might work.

I said this somewhere else, but every day I manage (and frequently show) my half-ton horses....but nothing has me as nervous as my five pound dog!! LOL!

#13 ·
Kelly-

I will be at Eukanuba showing my maltese and my husband will be showing his papillon special. Papillons are "our breed" although I have to say that my maltese special is pretty much the center of my universe :innocent: We also have a junior showing one of our co-owned papillons in the showmanship ring. So we will be tied up with showing/grooming until after maltese show, but I am happy to talk to you about what you want/need for your papillon lead wise and also grooming products etc. I try to help new exhibitors whenever possible because I remember what it was like... scary but exciting!

I know Ruxandra the breeder of your puppy, she is a wonderful caring person. I think Carina already posted our website, there are pics of me there if you want to meet up. I will be at the pap ring watching and crossing my fingers for Zach and his dog lol...

Stacy

#14 ·
Oh, Stacy.......really?!!!! I would be SO grateful!! So very, very grateful!

I'm just lost and don't know where to begin without a handler!!! Ruxandra is wonderful and I love her to pieces!!!!

We are definitely coming to watch the Paps at 9am (I think that's their time)...and want to watch the Maltese and meet everyone!

For lack of knowing where else to start, I have signed up with our local Dog Training Club of Tampa for "Conformation Classes" that I was supposed to start on Wednesday, but Bravo was wiped out after being at daycare all day...so we are starting next Wednesday.

I really, really want to show him - he is, by far, the nicest Papillon I've ever owned....and Ruxandra was very gracious to trust me with such a nice dog. It's a lot to live up to, for sure.

I feel like I have this dog who has the goods......but I'm not sure I do.

And I know no one anymore - all the people I use to know have retired, moved, or switched breeds. My previous Pap that I had that had a CH was from Diana Fuchs and ATTA Papillons.

Thank you for reaching out - that means so much to me! I will look for you after the Maltese are done showing :)

#16 ·
Bravo is by BIS American CH, Swedish CH, Golden Leafs Vision and out of CH Magnolise Exotic Touch of Jamsine.

#17 ·
We owned a Vision daughter (she retired to a pet home after finishing her CH and whelping 2 litters) and also bred another bitch to Vision. He is a beauty! Our website is wildcardpapillons.com just cut and paste it into your browser. Golden Leafs Fancy is the half sibling to your boy.

Sounds like you have a great start with classes. If you are ever interested in agility, rally, obedience or even dock dog let me know. I have 3 papillons with 2 different owners in Tampa and they both have training facilities. One of the owners will be at the papillon ring Saturday too! Stacy

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.