Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

How many times to bathe a puppy a week?

839 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  AshleyAndSophiePup 
#1 ·
Hi,

I am actually puzzled about bathing my dear little furkid once a week as recommended by my breeder. I read online articles and some say once every fortnight will be more than sufficient. I am afraid that he will get skin infection if bathe too much.

What is the recommended bathing practise for him? He is 6 months old soon on 26 Dec B)

#2 ·
He certainly would not get a skin infection from weekly baths. Many of our show dogs get bathed much more frequently.

I tend to try to bathe my dogs in full coat at minimum once a week. Some need it 2x per week and if they are actively showing more.

I bathe my cut down dogs every two weeks for the most part, depending on the need, but if they are doing a lot of running around outside they might need it more. Most Maltese can go a bit longer between baths if they are not kept in full coat, but frankly it is a breed that requires frequent bathing to look nice.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.