Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

Update post #41 - Prayers please for my brother

4K views 45 replies 33 participants last post by  mysugarbears 
#1 · (Edited)
My oldest brother who will be 68 in January slipped on the ice this morning and hit his head. He has a small area of bleeding on the brain and right now is in ICU under very heavy sedation. They will doing another round of tests in the morning and if necessary, they will insert a drain to relieve the pressure.

His doctors are very confident he will have little or no long term effects from this, but the next few days are very scary for us and, of course, with a head injury, anything can happen. They don't want anyone talking to him or doing anything that would cause him to want to be awake and alert - just want to let him rest.

One of the really awful parts of this is that he's in the same ICU, just a few rooms away actually, from where my niece (his daughter) died in 1992. My nephew said when he walked through the doors into that part of the hospital, that memory came back to him like a slap in the face. My sister-in-law is so incredibly strong and is hanging in there, but this is very hard on both her and my nephew.

Please keep them all in your thoughts and pray for good news in the morning!

#15 ·
Maggie - I'm so sorry about your brother. I am praying for him.:prayer: I'm also so happy that he's under care. As you may recall one of my BILs slipped on the ice several years ago at this time of year too, but didn't bring attention to his head injury and the hospital completely missed it and treated him for his broken arm. Never checked anything or did a CAT scan. He died from the brain bleed that no one knew he was experiencing until it was too late. Everyone said that if he had gotten it attended to, as you brother is, that he would have survived and been fine. I'm so thankful that your brother is getting the medical attention he needs. Sending you lots of hugs. :grouphug:

#18 ·
Maggie,I'm so sorry your family is going through this. we all hope he will be ok and healed up soon. A fall is nothing to take lightly,you just never know how serious injury can be. Glad they caught the injury and he will be on the mend soon.
Hope the holidays will be happier for your family soon,
Love and prayers

#22 ·
Sending hugs to you dear friend, and prayers for your family. May God oversee all the little details! Let us know how things are for you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.