Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

How much does your dog weigh?

129K views 554 replies 329 participants last post by  lols82 
#1 ·
Charley is in between 10 and 12 lbs, and I'm guessing he is more than he should be. Not overweight or anything like that, we're taking him for long walks everyday. Just wondering....

#7 ·
What does the vet say?

Ollie is 8 1/2 to 9 lbs. My vet's office has a store and I go there fairly reguarly and put him on the scale while I'm there. It's one of those large scales down on the floor and it never gives a precise reading--always fluctuates between 8 1/2 and 9. We tried getting him on the small, kitty scale once and he'd have nothing of it, lol.

#11 ·
At the vet they always weigh him, but don't say anything about it, so I figure it's normal, but still most of the malts are much smaller than him. Maybe it's just muscle, he could take indefinite walks if it were up to him :biggrin:[/B]
HE is just a bigger MALTESE is all. I don't know where you got him, but I got Nemo from a petstore not a reputable breeder so god knows who his parents were. I know if you go through a reputable breeder they give you a pretty close estimate of their adult weight. Your pup is adorable who really cares what he weighs, he's perfect in ur eyes, right :wub:

#15 ·
Ollie Bollie is 4lbs 2ounces still. He's stuck in his growth pattern! I do have a feeding question, but I will put that in a different thread!

Love and Peace 2 all!!

Chris and Ollie

"When we are happy we are always good, but when we are good we are not always happy.”
Oscar Wilde

#20 ·
Coco has gained a pound since her first birthday. She's two now and weighed 5 pounds a couple of weeks ago when we saw the vet.

#23 ·
My current little girl, Ava Jane, is 19 months old and right around 7 pounds. I had two malts before her: Muffy (I got her from a pet shop when I was in college because I did not know any better) was around 11 pounds. She looked like a maltese but was just bigger. My second malt was Zoie Jane. She was around 9 pounds. She was not overweight either - just bigger than the show ring standard. I loved them both just the same. As long as your vet thinks the dog is find for his frame size, you should be okay!

#26 ·
Jack's 10.5 pounds, a big boy. He's just over three years old now. Interestingly, his dad was 4 pounds and mom was 6 pounds -- somehow he wound up twice their size! My boyfriend and I say that he's a "throwback"! haha. He was twice the size of his littermates at birth, so the breeder knew that he'd be big -- but that's what I wanted, so I was glad. I didn't want to accidentally roll on my dog and squish him ;) And there's more to love!

:wub: :wub: :wub:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.