Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

Saftey Hazard, any training suggestions?

669 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Gongjoo 
#1 ·
Well, little miss Khloee has always been quite the dare devil, but recently she picked up a habit that makes my heart stop in fear each time!

Khloee loves the couch, and she is more than welcome there of course:wub:. But I have a ledge behind my couch, and recently Khloee will jump from the arm rest of the couch, to the top of the couch, to the ledge! There is a counter right behind the ledge, but if she were to fall off..omg

I dont know what to do to deter her from this. When I catch her I say (er shout in panic) No! And pick her up and put her back on the couch. Then when she is on the couch I pet her and giver her all kinds of love! But she does it over and over...

Help! I dont want to restrict her from the couch but at the same time I want to keep her safe :(

#2 ·
Sounds like my 3 y.o. granddaughter. She got this cute little chair for Christmas that unfolds into a little bed with a sleeping bag. This morning my daughter found her in her bedroom. She had the chair unfolded by her bed and was jumping off her bed into it. Problem is, her bed is probably 3 ft. off the floor (which are hardwood)! She told her mom it was okay for her to do that because it was "safe"!!! Oh boy, payback is h#ll!!!!!!

#5 ·
Thank you everyone. We worked hard on this yesterday, she still jumps to the top of the couch but stays off the ledge at least. I'll just have to watch her like a hawk every time she looks like she is about sneak to the top of the couch lol so mischievous!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.