Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

I lost my mom last night

4K views 68 replies 66 participants last post by  pippersmom 
#1 ·
Shortly after being transferred to Hospice yesterday, my mom passed away. She was a brave woman who fought right up until the very end. I will miss her dearly. I feel so lost right now. I know I need to be strong for my dad, but its so hard. Please keep us in your prayers.

#66 ·
I want to thank you all for your words of comfort. It means so much to me to have your support. The last few days have been really difficult with making the arrangments and such. It helps if I keep really busy during the day, but the nights are really hard. Not sleeping well at all. A few of you have mentioned that you have lost a loved one. How did you get through the nights. I just can't seem to turn my mind off. I keep reliving the last few days with mom and thinking about what the future will be like without her.

#67 ·
Karen - I'm just seeing this. So sad for you and your family. Sending lots of prayers your way.

IMHO, having lost both my Dad and Mom and well as my Husband, I still feel that losing one's Mother is the hardest thing most people will ever go through. It's been almost 8 years since I lost my Mother and I still dream about her and talk to her daily.

Hugs to you.

#68 ·
We lost Dad a few years ago. He was a single parent raising us and he was the most amazing man. For me, the pain has not gotten easier ~ it just changes. Sometimes I'm "fine" and other times I am crying myself to sleep. I wish there were a magic wand to take away your pain. My only wisdom to share is to allow yourself to grieve. Don't expect anything and just ride the moments as they come. Don't apologize for sadness or joy, you are entitled to both. Big, big hugs dear friend.

#69 ·
it was 5 years ago yesterday that we lost my Dad and it really hasn't gotten easier. My Mom, my sister and myself were all with him at the end and I can still see that moment like it was yesterday. Some times I'm fine and some times the grief is so overwhelming. Holidays and special occasions are the worst. It just seems so unfair that he's not here to share this with us. I find it doesn't get any better with time, you just learn to adapt and carry on. Just be thankful for all the years you had with you Mom and know she wouldn't want for you to be in so much pain. (((((hugs)))))

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.