Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

My little patient

1K views 20 replies 16 participants last post by  S&LP'S Mommy 
#1 ·
Here's Leila resting in her bed in the Pack 'N Play, wearing her collar. All her toys have been removed so she won't be tempted to get rowdy. Since she has sutures in her mouth, do you think it's ok for her to have something to chew on or should I wait? If wait, how long? Poodle Canidae Non-Sporting Group

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App

See less See more
#2 ·
I'd wait to give a chew stick. It would probably will cause the sutures to come out. I've had fluffs get their baby teeth pulled, but none of mine ever had stitches in their mouth. Will they dissolve or do they have to be removed?

#6 ·
They just called to check on her and I asked these questions. They said try to keep her calm especially the first few days, if I need to give her something to chew on to keep her entertained it should be ok, and if she didn't yelp or anything when she jumped on the couch, she probably didn't hurt anything but try to keep her from doing it again. Thanks! I think she's cute too! : )

#13 ·
Pam-What a sweetheart baby she is!!!! :wub: wanna hug her.
If were me I wouldn't give her dry kibble or anything to chew till stitches are gone. Last thing you need is infection. Mine never had stitches though. Give her some toys that she can't really chew on maybe. Hey, Sammie had anesthesia on Wednesday and he is very quiet like Leila. He is moving around a lot more today. He had that sleepy look for 2 days. She is prob tired so rest do her good. I too had to watch out for penny jumping too soon. Glad she is doing so well.
:heart::heart::heart:

#16 ·
Thanks, y'all! Well...she WAS being a good girl until my 22 y/o son came in this afternoon. For some reason, she absolutely ADORES him! She ended up jumping out of the Pack 'N Play, scaring me to death!!! Luckily, she didn't hurt herself. Then she went wild wanting him after he didn't want to hold her anymore. I ended up having to put her in her play yard upstairs so she could calm down and not do something to hurt herself. Later, when my hubby got home, she got all excited and wiggly again. These next days are gonna really wear me out from trying to keep her calm and I'm still trying to get over my recent surgery myself. We've removed the Pack 'N Play now since she knows she can get out of it and have her tent with the zip on lid in the den now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.