Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

In my yard!

1K views 22 replies 19 participants last post by  Furbabies mom 
#1 ·
There were 4 deer in my yard yesterday. We have a fenced in yard, but they jumped the fence to eat the ivy that grows up the tree.

Hardy and Laurel spotted them outside and went crazy barking at the door!
Check out Dewey. He doesn't have a clue????????? Poor baby had no idea what they were barking at!!

See less See more
#8 ·
Dewey is probably thinking "what is all that noise about a deer? I am the only dear around here!" :HistericalSmiley:

#11 ·
That's only the second time, in 16 years that they've jumped the fence to come in the yard. I guess because of all the snow, they're looking for something to eat. There were 2 more on the outside of the fence.

#13 ·
I'm afraid we consider deer vermin. Every evening we can count between 3 and 4 DOZEN deer out in the alfalfa field in front of our house, eating our horses' alfalfa. They cost us lots of money in crop loss.

However, that photo is as pretty as a Christmas card! Just beautiful!

#22 ·
We have lots of deer around here but I hate when they are in the backyard because of deer ticks!!!!! Lymes Disease is prevalent here:angry: and many pets and humans have contracted it. Sometimes they just walk down the driveway from the woods in back,amble across the street and go back into the woods.
How did they get out of your yard, did they jump the fence again?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.