Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

About Becky

5K views 78 replies 32 participants last post by  Sylie 
#1 ·
I started a new thread, because everyone here is waiting to here about Becky. Anna is very tired since Becky!s surgery and wanted me to let you know .
Becky had an ultra sound and the vet didn't see anything alarming! She still has the effects of the meds and anesthesia in her system and it will take 4 to 5 weeks for the shunt to close Becky is still showing signs of a shunt, tiredness and not wanting to eat. Anna will force feed her. She was taken off Tramadol which causes drowsiness. . The vet said to be patient and when the shunt closes you'll see a huge difference! They are waiting for biopsy results also to see if she has MVD. I am praying for Becky for a complete recovery.

#36 ·
B........Becky is just a little tired:smstarz:

E........Eventually she will get up and jump and play like before:chili:

C........Can you tell Mommy you are ok little Becky?:wub:

K.........Kisses from all of us:smootch:

Y.........Yes she is recovering slowly but surely:aktion033:

#38 ·
Hello my beautiful friends ,

Well last evening was another horrible one with Miss Becky

around 4 pm she started to tremble uncontrolobally and she would not move ofcourse i freaked out we wounded up at er again she was in alot of pain so they gave me tramadol she was almost comatosed and they said she was very dehydrated so sub q fluids still anorexic , a little bit more alive today she is itchy and miserable on top of it all im just as miserable pray this gets better soon im running out of strenght with her ......have not slept since tuesday the 8 january when she had her surgery !!!

#42 ·
All of the trauma that you and Becky have gone through will end. You'll wonder how you made it through! You will make it through, and wonder how that you did ! You'll be a stronger person and have an even stronger faith. I know that you hear these words over and over , but they're important.... You guys are in my prayers!

#44 ·
Anna,

I'm so sorry! I know this is exhausting for you!

You will make it, and so will Becky.

Are you syringing fluids as well as food?

I'm having to syringe fluids into Grace every 2 hours...she just is not wanting to drink.

I'm glad they gave her pain meds and fluids... I hope you can rest tonight.

Hugs

#46 ·
Anna, you and Becky are going through the most difficult days right now ... however, it will get better as each day passes. Just try and remind yourself that Becky had major surgery ... so, it takes more time for her to feel better and heal.

Sending you and Becky tons of love and comforting hugs. My prayers continue for both of you, too. :wub::wub:

#49 ·
Hello my friends sorry i have not updated but all this with Becky has burnt me out !! well things are still not good with her , she is still not eating own her own ! i called them this morning they are not pleased to hear they told me if she continues to take her back in tomorrow i cant do this anymore i have no money left energy zero , i just want to break down and cry :((( What do i do with her i have done everything possible i pray and pray all day she will turn around ....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.