Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

An unsuspecting Obi gets a haircut **pics**

3K views 41 replies 36 participants last post by  Curious_Ein 
#1 · (Edited)
There once was a pup who liked to snooze on his back all relaxed...

Little did he know that his hair was getting quite fluffy...

So, his mommy scoops him up, gives him a bath, and cuts his hair.

Then, his daddy makes fun of his ears for making him look too "Shakespeare looking" (whatever that means?!). So, mommy cut his ears a tad shorter the next day. VOILA! the final look :)

The ear-length does make the subtle difference. I was trying to see what it would look like longer...but I'll keep them short for now ;) His hair is definitely growing quickly and I think I'll keep him this length or shorter for awhile. It's the "happy" length- easy to groom still, but not too short.

Hope you all enjoyed our little story :wub2:

See less See more
#33 ·
He's so adorable. Marisa, you're really good at this.

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App
Thanks, Aastha :) It's always a work in progress and I love learning new techniques- Obi is just my willing subject!

Obi, you are the cutest thing. Great job on the cut Marisa!!!
Thanks, Tracey~ Now, if I could maintain Obi's coat half as well as you do Ben's, that'd be awesome :wub:

Obi is just so adorable! You do a great job grooming him. I'm great with trimming people hair, but wouldn't even know where to begin with my fluff!:)

Thank you, Ashley! I was the opposite- I trimmed my bangs a few weeks ago only AFTER practicing on Obi! LOL!

Can't wait to see it in person-- you're coming this weekend, right? That cut looks perfect for Cozette-- Pippa's hair is so gorgeous I like to keep hers longer.
Oh~ I'm excited to see you and the girls too :) Honestly, Pippa and Cozette look like little toys no matter what hairstyle!

He's so cute! She's going to groomer tomorrow ,,,,,,,,, hm I'll need to think about this tonight.
thank you and Good luck, Barb! let's see those pics!

Marissa I keep saying this, but could Jasmine come over? Obi looks GREAT!!!!! You do a great job
LOL- thanks, Audrey! Give jasmine a hug from me :thumbsup:

Obi,Your Mommy is terrific****That Cut is adorable.
And that face-OMG!-What A Beauty. I Wish i could cut like you,you really are good.
Thank you, Nickee :) Obi says hi to Yogi!

#34 ·
Thank you, Marisol!!! Obi sends you and Kelly a kiss :thumbsup:

Absolutely spectacular Maltese cut! Perfectly done!

How do you do the chest? It is so perfect; is it scissored or do you use clippers to get it so even and perfect? If you use clippers, what length blade/type of clippers?

I think the shorter length of his ears looks so perfect because it completes the round circle of his muzzle/side of head/top of head perfectly.

I keep saying the word perfect...because he is!
You are so kind! I wouldn't say it's "perfect" LOL- but maybe I'm my own worst critic. I do a combination of clippers with longest clipper comb attachment (the stainless steel kind, not plastic) and go with the grain of the hair. Then, I finish it off with scissors to make it look "round."

Great job! You look marvelous, Obi!
Obi says, "Fanks, Auntie Glenda" :)

Obi looks terrific!! You do a great job!! My Avalon at the bridge had her ears cut , as your hubby described too Shakeskearean, well I described Avalon's ears as a Franciscian Monk!! They needed longer or shorter!! He is perfect!
Thanks, Debbie!!! :) I know what you mean about the Franciscan Monk look! LOL! i'm glad my DH approved of the final look :w00t:

Oh Obi, your Mommy could cut you any ole way and you'd still be adorable. (All the same, I'm glad she does such a good job!) I love your shorter ears!
Obi says, "Auntee Robin, you're too sweet" :wub: give your cuties a big hug from me, please :)

Obi - you are very handsome in your new cut :)
Thank you, Tori!

Obi looks so handsome. Marisa your so good with everything!
You are too sweet, Barbara :blush: :blush: Maybe it's the maltese that brings out the best in me? :wub:

Um, I don't suppose you'd like to cut Elena's hair this weekend, would ya? :p
LOL! I think Elena will look SO cute in a korean style cut--- she totally has the face for it :) are you going to cut her beforehand?! I want to see her new 'do!

You are just the complete package aren't you Marissa? Dog Trainer, dog groomer, pediatrician...I bet you are real cute too, huh? I'm glad you are so sweet, nice and helpful or I'd have to hate you!

Obi looks wonderful! Such a happy face he has. Love him.
LOL~ :HistericalSmiley: we :heart: you, Laura!

Wow what a beautiful job, and what a handsome boy.
Obi says thank you to Uncle Walter :)

#10 ·
Absolutely spectacular Maltese cut! Perfectly done!

How do you do the chest? It is so perfect; is it scissored or do you use clippers to get it so even and perfect? If you use clippers, what length blade/type of clippers?

I think the shorter length of his ears looks so perfect because it completes the round circle of his muzzle/side of head/top of head perfectly.

I keep saying the word perfect...because he is!

#12 ·
Obi looks terrific!! You do a great job!! My Avalon at the bridge had her ears cut , as your hubby described too Shakeskearean, well I described Avalon's ears as a Franciscian Monk!! They needed longer or shorter!! He is perfect!

#35 ·
thank you, Pat!

So cute!! We are coming to you one day for sure LOL
Thanks, Diana! Definitely! :thumbsup:

You did a great job! He's so cute!

Thank you, Pam :)

Bella says that Obi is McDreamy!
LOL! I won't tell Obi that so it doesn't go to his head B)

OMG My heart just melted into a puddle of LOVE ♥ ♥ ♥
Obi says he is happy to put a smile on your face :wub:

Ooh I just wuvs him fluffy! And I wuvs him after his trim. I could eat him up. I like the ears shorter. He has the cutest face!!! Big kisses coming from Auntie C!!

Thanks, Celeta!!! Obi gives you puppy kisses! I have to admit I'm a sicker for shorter ears on Obi too :blush:

Marisa, you are just amazing at this! Obi looks so great!!! I love the longer ears but short looks good too!
Nida, thank you! we need more Bailey pics, btw!!! :wub:

Obi, you look so handsome :wub:. Your Mommy is a very talented groomer AND trainer!!!!!!
awww, thanks, Kathy :) Give sweet pipper a hug from me!

Awe-I can never get enough of Obi!:HistericalSmiley::wub: You did a great job! He is precious..:wub:
LOL! that's how I feel with your three girls~! :wub: thanks for the encouragement of home-grooming, April :)

you look adorable Obi .
Thank you, Jo!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.