Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

Sick in Style :D

1K views 13 replies 13 participants last post by  Gongjoo 
#1 ·
Hello, again!
Thanks to all of your heartwarming messages, I came back too soon with pictures :wub:

These are pictures of Elly & Mimi after they got spayed.
Our vet said it would be better for them to go through recovery together, so they got spay with 1 day difference.

I was so worried, so I made recovery cone myself and made Elly practice before the surgery. However, unlike practice Elly didn't do so well with cone, poor thing could lie down because of pain.

She did better with this neck pillow I whipped up for her.

Mimi did better with cone than Elly :thumbsup:

Although Mimi's surgery was one day later, but her incision was smaller, so she recovered faster.
Elly eventually recovered, of course, she still has inside suture remain, and developed stomach ulcer because of anti-inflammatory!
I still feel like I should've done something more for her.:blush:

See less See more
#3 ·
wow what cones The picture of mimi with her cone is beyond cute. It is as if she is saying, really mama, did I really need to do this?

#13 ·
Spaying and neutering are two of the worst things for me! Inevitably they get to, at least, one of their stitches and we are back at the vets. I'm so glad that is over for me for a very long time!! Darcy is four, Elizabeth is three, and Isabelle is two. There will be no more pups for a long time, which means no more spaying or neutering for a long time!! I truly sympathize with what you went through.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.