Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

Please help pray for Biscuit!

5K views 85 replies 50 participants last post by  Gambitsgirl 
#1 ·
Hello fellow SM friends and family!

Well I did wish I had better news on Biscuit but early yesterday morning around 6:40AM he started to have the mild seizure but then this one didn't stop and were gradually intensifying. The seizure activities exceeded 40min, well we lost track after that since we were frantically trying to rush him into the nearest ER clinic.

Biscuit currently remains under 24/7 critical observation and the staff there are working under the consultation and guidelines of our Neurologist Dr. Allen Sisson.

Gosh - our boy can't seem to catch a break and now he's once again on another rough ride. We're praying for him to pull through this one. He's a fighter for sure! :wub:

He's been poke by needles so much that they couldn't get an IV into any of his front legs and had to do the back. This constant injection and blood tests are not helping to get those area healed and we're worried at some point soon it will introduce further complications. Poor guy....

I do have recording of the seizures but I decided not to post them openly as they are disturbing and sad to watch. But if you are interested to see them for learning purposes, please send me a private message or you can try searching YouTube for keyword "Biscuit Seizure".

I'll provide more key update as soon as we have any. I have to work today so my wife will be visting the ER to check in on Biscuit and we're hopeful he might be well enough to be discharge today.

See less See more
#27 ·
I watched the video on Biscuit. I'm so sorry you and him have to go thru this. It doesn't seem fair that such a beautiful boy has to have this. Prayers are sent for his recovery.

#40 ·
B.........Biscuit being very well taken care of by everybody:heart::dothewave::heart:
I..........Is a little tired:smstarz:

S..........Soon he will feel better:aktion033:

C..........Cuddling with the nurses:smootch:

U..........Undeniably special pupp:Cute Malt:

I...........It's all in God's hands:innocent::innocent::innocent:

T...........Through so much but he shall prevail:Happy_Dance::walklikeanegyptian::thmbup:

#42 ·
Vinh and Ann, please know that you continue to be in my prayers. I know this is so hard because it's just incomprehensible that sweet little Biscuit would have to go through so much. I know that your hearts are breaking, as are so many here on SM, when you see what your little guy is going through. I'm really hoping for a miracle here, but also praying for you and Ann to have peace and wisdom in this very difficult experience.

#43 ·
Hey Vinh & Ann! It is Friday AM here in Greece & I have kept the night-watch so to speak, for you here. 24/7 prayers being offered for little Biscuit, for his care givers, for his parents and for all out there who have grown attached. I do believe that prayer makes us more open to every situation and it always holds out hope that things will change. May God be gracious to you particularly as his loving parents!
Be still our hearts as we wait with you. May you know what is best for this little guy we have come to appreciate through you. You have our utmost confidence.
God give you strength for today.

#44 ·
Update on Biscuit

Hello SM Family

Ann and I are continue to be amaze and grateful for the ongoing emotional support, encouragement, and prayers for us and Biscuit.

The great news today is that Biscuit seizure were contained and he was well enough to eat, drink, pee, and poop on his own so the ER staff feel it was safe to discharge him as of 10:00AM this morning.

He is still very unstable on his feet but that don’t stop our stubborn boy from keeping trying to walk around, either sniffing for food, to pee, or to poop.
He is still mostly sedated due to coming out of ER and combining with the increase dose of:
Phenobarbital 1.5 tablet, 24.3 mg
Levetiracetam (Keppra) Give 1.5 mLs, 75mg

Judging from the recent trending and increasing nature of the repeating seizures and comparing to the Dr. Sisson’s efforts to adjust and increase the meds dosage to counter the seizures, his latest prognosis is very poor for Biscuit.

Dr. Sisson has finally prescribe the Diazepam (Valium) 5mg/ml, 5ml kit and we were given instruction on how to give 1.2ml (6mg) by rectum injection as needed to contain seizure activity at home. This is so that we can more quickly administer the needed medication to help contain the convulsion vs. allowing the seizure activities to continue too long while we try to get him to the ER. Plus if this home method works effectively, it would save us a big chunk in ER expenses.

We have also noticed that this time around he is less tuned in to our present, or if he is in anyway, his sedated state doesn’t seem to indicate that. We call his name and we are not really getting a positive response. We are hoping that this is not a sign of further brain injuries due to the recent lengthy seizures, and/or worse permanent brain damage.

Prior to yesterday, remember how we noted that due to the effect of the disease on his brain, Biscuit tend to circle tightly to the right or pace in a clockwise circle only. Basically he rarely turns or attempted to turn left counterclockwise. Having said that, today we notice the opposite and that he tends to turn left and pace in a left counterclockwise pattern, not circling tightly though, and tend to go right less. This is an interesting observation but we also think it is still early to deduct that there could have been a recent permanent affect to Biscuit brains that could be inducing this new walking and pacing pattern. We will know more as he adjusts to the new increase dose and the trauma and heavy dosage from the ER treatment pass from his system.

We will continue to keep everyone updated on Biscuit condition. Biscuit send his loves to all the SM uncles and aunties!

We also like to share this bonus video that we've stumbled upon today on YouTube. Hopefully the story of a Maltese girl puppy born with physical disadvantage and her will to survive and overcome the challenges will bring comfort to those that are struggling with difficult situation with their love one as we are with our precious boy Biscuit.

Attachments

#51 ·
Lord God, You love us as we love our precious furbabies. Please, in Your infinite love and wisdom, invervene in this situation--put Your arms around this family, please touch precious Biscuit and stop these seizures and heal this little much-loved, smallest baby. Please help us, Lord, to constantly keep him in our hearts and prayers. Put Your arms around Mommie and Daddy as they continue to love and care for this precious furbaby. Give them strength and courage as the days progress and help them to feel the love and prayers from all their SM family. AMEN

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.