Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

Ein's little sister update~

4K views 44 replies 17 participants last post by  edelweiss 
#1 ·
LOL, I came down with some sort of cold, so I had to get off work today. thankful that I wasn't sick yesterday, otherwise, it would've been a disaster. Lots of medicine later, I was feeling somewhat ok, and I did some bathing, and grooming. she slept well last night- despite the time differences. I gave her a bath, and was so surprised to find that she did soo well. she held still during bath, just giving kisses the whole time. I was also blow drying her, she just sat there in my arms with towel(while Ein will try to eat the blow dryer air). Even more surprising is when I was doing her topknot. she just sat there, looking at me lol!! her fur is still not grown long enough to hold the topknot, so it took me couple tries to get it all together.. but this means Ein is officially freed from topknot as I can play with hers instead!

her and Ein is getting along pretty well-initially the puppy had tendency to jump and very hyper(I suppose it would've been ok as she is really tiny), but I remembered the training advise that you have to correct bad behavior(as you would if the puppy was much larger dog). Once her jumpiness and hyperness was corrected, Ein stayed calm(as she was), and they played together very very well. I've always thought Ein was very small dog(as Maltese should be, a toy breed). The puppy is even small, but she constantly eats, and she eats very very well. So far, she pooped 2x yesterday, and 3x times today.

Ohh.. I am also working on her command in English!!

Attachments

See less See more
#45 ·
Candice, I am just curious if your Korean breeder did a bile acids test on baby girl? If not you may want to get her in soon to get checked out for that. How old is she exactly? Remember that the BAT is a special test & not included in ordinary blood results. Ask your vet---it is a dual test before & after eating a meal so make sure your vet knows you need the 2 results. This is a good guide to have for any eventual problems w/elevated liver enzymes. It is something common w/malts.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.