Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

Pray! Pray! Pray!

8K views 147 replies 37 participants last post by  Snowball Pie's Mommi 
#1 · (Edited)
As some of you may recall, a maltese in our area went missing recently and has not yet been found. Today I received a call from the owner that they had received calls about 2 sightings of who may be Abby! One person described her as "..saw her at the mailbox. She was very wet and very matted. She was white with tags." Abby wasn't wearing her thundershirt. (I wonder if someone took it off of her?) .The person was with their big dog so they didn't get Abby, but went inside to call the owner. Returned to find Abby gone again! :angry:. The sighting was about a mile or so from her home. When the owner called me to report the news, I was in the area doing some shopping so I went right there. We all searched and searched, but no sign of Abby. I firmly believe God puts us where we are supposed to be. We planted a lot of seeds today in telling people about Abby. I just pray the right person finds this old baby girl soon. It is VERY cold here. There's snow, ice and her area has huge hawks. It is essential that she be returned soon. So upsetting to not be able to put her back in her Momma's arms.
https://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.p....134938773249440.33552.125859484157369&type=1

#133 ·
I can't believe no one tried to catch her, seriously if I see a stray dog I try to catch them and look for a tag or take them to be scanned. I wish I could have helped to find her but I've been battling pneumonia for over a month now...
I updated my FB postings on her until someone said I shouldn't update sightings because people might scare her calling...

I'm just heartbroken... Did her owner ever contact the local news, they would have put this story out,I know it...

#134 ·
Hi everyone. I just wanted to thank you all for your love and prayers. Abby has still not been found and the owner has called off the official search. She will continue to check the heart traps, put out food, scented clothing and flyers, but no more searches in wooded areas etc. Hoping that one day I will get a call and that a miracle will have happend and that Abby will have returned. Big hugs to my SM family. I never could have had the strength to do the searches without your support.

#135 · (Edited)
Bridget, I have written you 2 long messages & lost them both---I guess you did not need to know what I was going to say! :HistericalSmiley:
So I will simply say, you are a beautiful person, w. a heart as big as the sky and we all love & admire you! I, like Sue, want you on MY team. . . and I know that you are.
I know that the Good Shepherd watches over the one lost sheep, so why not a little "sheep look alike--white maltese?" May God continue to watch over Abby & bring her home to her owner in His own time. May we continue to pray for just that.:thumbsup::wub:

#139 ·
Bridget - I know how hard this must be but I think too it came to a point where everyone did what they humanly could. Hoping that Abby is somewhere, somehow at peace, either in someone's home, somewhere safe or if it's mean to be, in heaven. This was a very tough and exhaustive venture and you gave it your all. :ThankYou: for caring so much. Still not giving hope.

#142 · (Edited)
:smcry:It is with great sadness that I share with you that Abby has been found. She has passed away. It appears that the night she disappeared she tried to cross a small creek and was swept down stream and drowned. She was found still wearing her little pink jacket and her tags. She was covered in mud, under branches and lots of leaves. The neighbors have washed her off and she is being returned to her family for proper burial. Rest in sweet peace little one. You will truly and forever be missed.:smcry:

#148 · (Edited)
Bridget, I wrote my condolences on FB, too. My heart goes out to Abby's family. I pray they soon can find comfort and peace with knowing that darling Abby is now at the Rainbow Bridge, in Heaven ... and, as an angel, that is now looking over the family who loves her dearly.

As for the other little white dog ... the day before yesterday I received an email asking if my Snowball was missing. Apparently, there is a dog that was found wandering around in Arlington, Virginia ... with tags and microchipped ... and, the dog's name is Snowball. I don't know if this is the same dog you mention. However, my Snowball, thank God, is right here beside me. Like others here, I held him close as I said prayers for Abby's family. My heart is broken for them.

Much love and hugs to you, Bridget.

#147 ·
Tearing up as I read. . . such sad news for us, and I can not imagine how you, Bridget & the owners must feel. I am so sorry she had to pass on her own without the love of her family to comfort her. No one ever said this life on earth would be easy, but some days seem without light.
I just picked up my little Lisi, held her close & whispered "I am so, so sorry, rest in peace little Abby, and Lisi don't you ever run away from me!" She seemed to understand what I was saying---at least she felt my sadness.
So let's all hold our babies even closer today & be thankful for God's tender mercies to us for such a time we are given to enjoy them.
Hugs to you dear friend. Thank you for letting us know---and please give the family our deepest condolence.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.