Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

Lots of Prayers please

8K views 125 replies 45 participants last post by  Leila'sMommy 
#1 ·
My mom was admitted to the hospital yesterday. She has been fighting pneumonia and the antibiotics are not getting it. She has COPD and fights for breath when she is not sick. This woman is on the go all the time at 75 she amazes me. I truly hope this is not the battle she loses.

I have a ton of things to do today so I might not get back on till later this evening but please I know how the power of prayer heals.

Thanks everyone!!

#55 ·
Cindy -- I'm so sad that you Mom isn't doing better. This is definitely hard but you're strong and can do it. None of us think we're up to the task, but we always find the strength to do what has to be done.

Sending prayers for you and your Mother.

(And don't cancel SD yet -- you never know -- miracles do happen.)

#60 ·
Cindy, my mom had something like that several years ago. It was a fungus. They did surgery to remove a tip of her lung and she recovered nicely. The fungus she had(don't remember the name), but it is prevalent in the area where we are from. (The Ohio Valley). The pics on her x-rays showed up as a spot on her lung. She never smoked a day in her life, but were thinking lung cancer. As it turned out it was a fungus. My neighbor , back home same town, had the same thing.

#62 ·
Prayers on the way! My hubby has COPD and even a 'simple-cold' can be scarey so know a complication of pneumonia is even more challenging and scarey.
The bacterias out there today are getting so resistant and finding the correct antibiotic that 'fits' the particular bacteria is so important. Have they 'cultured'?

#65 ·
Thanks for the prayers.
Mom ended back in the hospital last weekend and they did a bronchoscopy on Sunday. We find out tomorrow afternoon what the results are. In the meantime she came home on Monday and felt good until today. She is having a harder time breathing and I believe she is nervous about the results.

I have been so busy between the pups, mom and work I have had little time to get online but I do take a peek when I can just not enough time to make comments.

Thanks for keeping us in your thoughts and prayers.

Daisy sent this picture to grandma and said "I love you"

Then Lilly sent this picture and said "I love you more"

These two little ones are always trying to out do each other loving on grandma.

#72 ·
The doctor called with the results and it is not cancer, TB or fungus. He is saying for now it is a recovery from the pneumonia. She is still struggling but we feel like we are in good hands. She needs to walk a small amount more than she is now and we see him next week.

My brother is in town and he is offering to stay with mom during the nationals so looks like I'll be coming.

Thanks everyone good thoughts and prayers always help.

#74 ·
Update on mom

Mom is finally getting her spunk back.

She ended up with three hospital stays the last one being when we were in San Diego for the nationals. The last time she was turned over to the next level support ( Infectious Disease ). They put her on 6 weeks of IV antibiotics and I got to play nurse each day doing the IV. There was a traveling nurse that came by a couple of times a week to check on her. She had an abscess created by the pneumonia when it infiltrated the emphysema. We believe that part of her lung is not functioning.

She was able to go back to physical therapy and is very happy.
I believe it was a close call but God has more work for her here.

Thanks so much everyone for your prayers!!

#80 ·
She was finished with the IV last week and although it really filled my schedule up going over there for 3 hours a day I miss it. She is still on oxygen but has a little tank and that is not stopping her from doing all the things she wants to do. I talk/text her several times a day and I will make sure to go over there to check on things a couple times a week.

She is on oral antibiotics for another month and is still coughing up stuff so we will keep an eye to make sure she is going in the right direction.

The power of prayer is awesome!!!
SM is such a wonderful family.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.