Thankful for SpoiledMaltese - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-06-2012, 03:41 PM   #1 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Donna
Dog's Name: Ollie
Default Thankful for SpoiledMaltese

As most of you know, we now have our kitten. This morning she was hugging Ollie while grooming him. He was just taking it in stride!!

Anyway, I was in hopes of finding a forum like this for cats. Joined Catforum.com and am amazed at the difference. I was scolded ... yes scolded ... for using color text and changing the text. Just a few minutes ago I posted a text about declawing, etc. Just received a note from the moderator....after she removed my post...to search the forum for "declawing" as they all have discussed this and basically come to the same conclusion! I am a little shocked and am considering withdrawing from the forum.....but not before trying to post why.

So glad we are nothing like that forum!!

Old 11-06-2012, 03:47 PM   #2 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Brenda
Dog's Name: Jodi

LOL I don't mean to laugh but really, this sounds very strict. Stricter than elementary school. They are like the soup Nazi about the colour of the text. At first when I read your post I was interested, I never even thought about looking for a cat forum before, if you find the right one it may be fun.

As for your kitten grooming Ollie, that is adorable, I would love to see a photo of them.
Old 11-06-2012, 03:52 PM   #3 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Kathy
Dog's Name: Pipper

This place isn't just a forum, it's more like a meeting place for friends. Everyone is there for each other through good times and bad times. We are allowed to discuss other things other than just our fluffs. And yes, we are even allowed to change our text colour and style. I love this forum!

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog.
You are his life, his love, his leader.
He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart.
You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.

pippersmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 03:59 PM   #4 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Donna
Dog's Name: Ollie

I will try to get some pixs of Ollie and Smudge. Usually the cute ones are when they are on my legs and I can't get up to get the camera!!
Old 11-06-2012, 03:59 PM   #5 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Barbie
Dog's Name: Zoe (Kyra my Angel in Heaven)

Wow....that is strict. It sounds so silly for them to do that.
Zoe's Mom88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 04:02 PM   #6 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Debbie

That reminds of Maltese Only...while i have never been a member on that forum i've plenty of previous members that are now on this forum how strict it was. To be scolded for different colored text and asking a question about something that was discussed before and getting scolded for it is crazy. Glad that doesn't happen here.
Old 11-06-2012, 04:17 PM   #7 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Deborah
Dog's Name: Laurel (maltese), Dewey, Violet and Hardy and Dewey

I joined a forum for Violet and Hardy. I have a different opinion about selling dog's on the forum.I felt a lot of hostility there , it was scary! I'll just stick to SM! Still get to talk about my Yorkies, even though they. 're not Malts...... They don't know that!!! LOL

Furbabies mom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 04:33 PM   #8 (permalink)
Banned

Name: Janine
Dog's Name: Charlie & Alex at Rainbow Bridge
Send a message via MSN to MalteseJane

Quote:
Originally Posted by munchkn8835 View Post
As most of you know, we now have our kitten. This morning she was hugging Ollie while grooming him. He was just taking it in stride!!

Anyway, I was in hopes of finding a forum like this for cats. Joined Catforum.com and am amazed at the difference. I was scolded ... yes scolded ... for using color text and changing the text. Just a few minutes ago I posted a text about declawing, etc. Just received a note from the moderator....after she removed my post...to search the forum for "declawing" as they all have discussed this and basically come to the same conclusion! I am a little shocked and am considering withdrawing from the forum.....but not before trying to post why.

So glad we are nothing like that forum!!
Oh my, I would not stay in a forum like this. Funny tho because if you really think about it, if you cannot ask a question who has already been discussed and in that discussion all came to the same conclusion, what is going to happen to this forum if they run out of new questions ?

Haha, at least at Maltese Only we could change the text color without being scolded !!
MalteseJane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 04:41 PM   #9 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Katie
Dog's Name: Charlie

Ouch, I guess I've been lucky so far....
I joined only 2 forums in my life - Cockatiel Cottage years ago and this year I found this wonderful SM forum.
Both were/are very sweet and welcoming with the sweetest members ever.

I'm sorry you had this experience. It's ridiculous how some sites forget they were created to educate and help. Plus people go to forums for entertainment and fun and to talk to other people with similar passions and hobbies, right?

Charlie'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 05:25 PM   #10 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Unfortunately, there is quite a bit of controversy regarding declawing and there are alot of opinions regarding this subject. Perhaps that you were reprimanded or scolded. We have always had Cats in our family and the last three (one is no longer with us) and now own two sisters Toodles and Tiffany. They are both indoor cats and are declawed and are fine. There is so much road kill in our area and we certainly do not want anything to happen to them.
Snuggle's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement