Haven't gotten on SM much - Page 3 - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-13-2012, 11:23 AM   #21 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Claire
Dog's Name: Ta-Jon's Blazin Hot Firecracker

Sue, this isn't forgotten at all. My heart hurts for the victims of this horrific storm. Getting cold and still no power for so many. I hate being cold, so I feel for those unfortunate victims still waiting

What I don't understand is how help has been turned away. A crew from Alabama turned away from helping restore electric because they were not UNION!

Another crew from TN was turned away; told they were not needed. They came to feed thousands of people, cook for them....turned away. Makes me so mad, I can feel my blood pressure go up! I've read about people dumpster divin for food. What is going on???

I've been witness to severe flooding of houses here in TX, friends wiped out with 8 ft of water in their houses. Horrible. I used to imagine what that would be like in my own home....I just need a flood only in my closets!!! Anyway, floods are unimaginable if you've never seen the devastation.

Wish I could be of financial assistance but I'm still helping my daughter in Joplin, MO recover from the tornado and now my son/gr'son has moved in with me from Vegas since the economy ran them off. Cha ching, cha ching!!! Guess I'll have to leave that for others that are a little more 'together' right now!

All I can offer are prayers - that I'm doing. God Bless all of you who have suffered this storm.

Malt Shoppe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-13-2012, 02:17 PM   #22 (permalink)
KAG
Maltese Guru

Name: Kerry
Dog's Name: Lola and Crisse in Heaven, Darla and Fallon
Heart

Thank you Claire, and everyone for your lovely posts. In my heart I know NY'ers will not forget the people who need our help. Such a sad situation all around. The world has always been good to us, too.

A couple of weeks before the storm, I saw Crosby, Stills & Nash at the Beacon Theater. They blew me away, so many happy memories, and they sounded unbelievable. CSN's message remains the same today, as it did in the 70's. Here's to NY and NJ:
xoxoxoxoooox

Old 11-13-2012, 05:16 PM   #23 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Name: Lynn
Dog's Name: Lacie,Tilly,Secret(Ch Angels Top Secret of Khanthav) & Breeze(Ch Angels Heavenly Breeze of Linmont)
Send a message via AIM to Lacie's Mom

Sue -- what would we have done without you during the actual storm and aftermath. You were our special news reporter that kept all of us updated on our SM friends and family. It was so devasting to see on TV and I know how frightening it was for those in the storm -- but many of us worried less because we were getting updated reports from you about everyone you could get in touch with in NY and NJ.

And, if you're not actually there, in the middle of the tragedy, it's easy to soon forget that so many are still in dire need. The news still mentions things about Sandy, but not nearly enough, imho.

I'm so happy that none of our SM members were actually hurt nor did they loose loved ones (that I've heard about), but the property damage, trama, upheaval of lives, etc. is heartbreaking. So many have lost so much and I truly feel sad that I can't offer help from this far distance. Of course I pray and send dontions, but that seems so little compared to all the hard physical work that needs to be completed.

Sometimes I just want to hop on a plane and rush back to NJ to try to help with the labor. But, of course, I wouldn't be much use at all.

I too have been so depressed for our friends and their families and sit and cry because I feel helpless.

Sue -- I love you and thank you for being you.

And God Bless all that have been affected by this horrible disaster.

Last edited by Lacie's Mom; 11-14-2012 at 12:03 PM.
Lacie's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 10:31 AM   #24 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Dog's Name: Sammie & Penny

Sue-thank you for the update & photos. It really helps to see the Photos makes it real. sue, I kinda feel like Sylvia. Stuck so far away unable to grasp it all or do anything but donate to RC. I am glad you included a pic of RC.
Take care of yourself. You don't want to over do it and end up hurt or have a back problem for you or DH.
Your snl is beautiful.
Hugs!

Last edited by SammieMom; 11-14-2012 at 10:35 AM.
SammieMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 11:14 PM   #25 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Susan
Dog's Name: Tyler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoe's Mom88 View Post
Sue, I have been thinking about you but knowing you from this forum knew that you were busy doing good. We here in NY have been affected in some way or another by this storm. Me too but not so much as my family. It's devastating to see what this storm has caused for so many people and how it will take so long to come back. All we can do is keep going and not give up. Hugs to you and yours.
I totally agree Barbara about keep going and not give up. And thanks so much for the hugs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katkoota View Post
I am very sorry for everyone who was affected by Sandy praying for a good n speedy recovery

Sent from Kat's iPhone
Thanks so much, Kat. Feels good to get the good vibes from every part of the world.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aprilb View Post
Sue, thank you and Jim so much for all of your help for those affected by the storm..I am so sorry about Jeanne, but glad she has a place to stay and can go back to work..that will help her have some stability and have something else to focus on. Yes there is still much devastation but I have seen a huge outpouring of volunteers like yourself helping in many ways..it will take some time but things will get better..big hugs to you!!
Thanks so much, April. You are such a caring friend.
Quote:
Originally Posted by edelweiss View Post
Sue, I haven't had time to read this whole thread, but wanted to say "I have missed you. . . and your humor!" The world is full of so much grief & sometimes it really hits home all at once.
Sending you and your family a big, big hug!
Thanks so much, Sandi. It's your sense of humor that helps every day
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonDog View Post
(((Sue))) God bless you. You're such a shining light and a true Angel for those in need.
Thanks, Robin but I really haven't done that much. Now that transportation is opening up I'm hoping to get to the areas affected to help in some way. I can't do the heavy lifting etc that is needed for some jobs but I can do other things.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summergirl73 View Post
Sue, my heart breaks for you guys up there. I'm sure most cannot comprehend the devastation. It seems like for some, if it doesn't happen in their backyard, it didn't happen at all. Please know that MANY mourn with you all. You are NOT alone. My family is in AL and the tornado a year or so back was a huge wake up call for us. What was to be my sisters home, was destroyed...she and my beautiful young nephew had just left the property before it was destroyed. They lost the property but their lives were spared. Glory to God.

We understand where you are coming from and we cry with you. I recently tried to organize a fundraising event for Sandy survivors, and the response laughable. I pray that folks are at least donating in some way to The Red Cross or some type of organized charity. Please let us know if there is something additional we can do for folks impacted.
Thanks so much, Bridget. You captured it all so perfectly. We have been very luck as far as donations go. There have been tons of fundraisers -- all the tv stations, local companies, many celebs are giving their own money and suggesting others do the same so I know a lot of money is pouring in. But I keep wanting to do the one-on-one type of thing that really makes a difference in someone's life. I am hoping to work on getting toys to kids for the holidays since theirs are ruined.Thanks so much.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoaloha View Post
Sue, you need not apologize at all for not being on SM lately. I can't even begin to fathom the devastation that is going on right now on the east coast. It makes my heart so heavy and I hope and pray that everyone can stay strong as the rebuilding occurs. You are so caring and I hope that you'll continue to keep a strong spirit as you help your SIL and others. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help. Please know that you are in our hearts ::hugs::
Thanks so much, Marisa. It means so much to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malt Shoppe View Post
Sue, this isn't forgotten at all. My heart hurts for the victims of this horrific storm. Getting cold and still no power for so many. I hate being cold, so I feel for those unfortunate victims still waiting

What I don't understand is how help has been turned away. A crew from Alabama turned away from helping restore electric because they were not UNION!

Another crew from TN was turned away; told they were not needed. They came to feed thousands of people, cook for them....turned away. Makes me so mad, I can feel my blood pressure go up! I've read about people dumpster divin for food. What is going on???

I've been witness to severe flooding of houses here in TX, friends wiped out with 8 ft of water in their houses. Horrible. I used to imagine what that would be like in my own home....I just need a flood only in my closets!!! Anyway, floods are unimaginable if you've never seen the devastation.

Wish I could be of financial assistance but I'm still helping my daughter in Joplin, MO recover from the tornado and now my son/gr'son has moved in with me from Vegas since the economy ran them off. Cha ching, cha ching!!! Guess I'll have to leave that for others that are a little more 'together' right now!

All I can offer are prayers - that I'm doing. God Bless all of you who have suffered this storm.
Claire, thanks so much. I haven't heard anything of any help being turned away. Maybe we just don't hear that here. I've seen pieces on people from all over the nation and the world helping people here so it really surprises me. I know that many neighborhoods are still under a sort of lock down and curfews to stop looting. At my SIL town there was a police checkpoint into the area. If someone didn't come to get you, they turned you around. They didn't want to take any chances. I don't want anyone to feel like they need to donate if it's a hardship. Good thoughts and prayers are just as important.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KAG View Post
Thank you Claire, and everyone for your lovely posts. In my heart I know NY'ers will not forget the people who need our help. Such a sad situation all around. The world has always been good to us, too.

A couple of weeks before the storm, I saw Crosby, Stills & Nash at the Beacon Theater. They blew me away, so many happy memories, and they sounded unbelievable. CSN's message remains the same today, as it did in the 70's. Here's to NY and NJ:
xoxoxoxoooox

CSN 2012 Carry On/Questions - YouTube
Dearest Kerry, you have got all of that right. We do take care of our own and we are very thankful for those outside who are helping too. And of course I looked at that video and could sing along to every lyric!! Listened to their album until it had scratches and skips in my youth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lacie's Mom View Post
Sue -- what would we have done without you during the actual storm and aftermath. You were our special news reporter that kept all of us updated on our SM friends and family. It was so devasting to see on TV and I know how frightening it was for those in the storm -- but many of us worried less because we were getting updated reports from you about everyone you could get in touch with in NY and NJ.

And, if you're not actually there, in the middle of the tragedy, it's easy to soon forget that so many are still in dire need. The news still mentions things about Sandy, but not nearly enough, imho.

I'm so happy that none of our SM members were actually hurt nor did they loose loved ones (that I've heard about), but the property damage, trama, upheaval of lives, etc. is heartbreaking. So many have lost so much and I truly feel sad that I can't offer help from this far distance. Of course I pray and send dontions, but that seems so little compared to all the hard physical work that needs to be completed.

Sometimes I just want to hop on a plane and rush back to NJ to try to help with the labor. But, of course, I wouldn't be much use at all.

I too have been so depressed for our friends and their families and sit and cry because I feel helpless.

Sue -- I love you and thank you for being you.

And God Bless all that have been affected by this horrible disaster.
Lynn - thank you so much. You have been so supportive and caring through this whole disaster. I think that when I wrote all those posts it was cathartic to get it all out and to check on everyone and find out if they were all okay. I think if I didn't do that I would have gone crazy. I remember when things happened in other areas and we worried about members...I wanted to try to help others here not worry too much. The musical Annie is just opening and we all keep thinking, "The sun'll come out tomorrow," and I know it will. But tomorrow can't get here quickly enough for some.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SammieMom View Post
Sue-thank you for the update & photos. It really helps to see the Photos makes it real. sue, I kinda feel like Sylvia. Stuck so far away unable to grasp it all or do anything but donate to RC. I am glad you included a pic of RC.
Take care of yourself. You don't want to over do it and end up hurt or have a back problem for you or DH.
Your snl is beautiful.
Hugs!
Thanks so much, Kandace. It's funny. I haven't been a supporter of the Red Cross...the big debacle about them years ago and also the amount they spend on administration and pr. But I have to say it was very welcome when we heard a loudspeaker driving through the neighborhood offering food and drink. It was very heartwarming, and I know that scene was playing out in so many communities. They were so friendly and had burgers, hot dogs, fresh fruit, chips, and hot and cold drinks. And later they came by with ravioli and I think some soup - by that time we were leaving. So a godsend to many. Most of the tv stations had donations going to them.
We did try to be careful. I have a bad back and knees so I wasn't lifting insane weights but did enough picking up and packing. It was all worth it to help Jeanne, especially since her son, who's the policeman, has been fixing up his house whose first floor was under water. He has 4 children and his young son's bedroom was downstairs A lot for one family to face.

Snowbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement