An Early Thanksgiving Wish - Page 3 - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-24-2012, 12:03 AM   #21 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Susan
Dog's Name: Tyler

Quote:
Originally Posted by The A Team View Post
I am triply blessed this year!!

1 - I don't have a kitchen, so I'm not cooking

2 - Lowe's were giving out dinner's today, so while I was looking for new kitchen cabinets, I got a free dinner, which we ate tonight - delicious!!!

3 - Tomorrow on Thanksgiving my whole family (we all lost our 1st floors, including kitchens) are having Turkey dinner at the Elks...for free!!!!

Life is good!!!
Pat - indeed triply blessed. Love hearing you say that Life is Good again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zooeysmom View Post
You are so sweet, Sue. I wish you and your family a very Happy Thanksgiving!
Thanks so much, Elisabeth. Hope your holiday was happy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maglily View Post
Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I'm thankful we're all here together....and Pat that's wonderful, no cooking and family all together, enjoy the day!
Brenda - I totally agree.
Quote:
Originally Posted by maltese#1fan View Post
Happy Thanksgiving! I think it is wonderful what you are doing tomorrow. My husband and I have been volunteering at our local food bank for a few years now and we find it very rewarding. You really count your blessings when you see so many in need.

P.S. I love Tyler's Christmas picture.
Karen - it is really a blessing for us to help others. This was a great holiday especially since we had our meal the night before so didn't miss any of the special foods Thanks about Tyler's pix.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball Pie's Mommi View Post
Sue, your Thanksgiving sounds perfect. I saw your apple pie on FB and haven't had a chance to reply there yet ... but, it looks so yummy ... and, beautiful, too! I'm sure your dinner tonight was a huge success.

As for your Thanksgiving day ... I think you are so blessed to be able to volunteer with Jim to help make Thanksgiving for the Superstorm Sandy victims. I would LOVE to be able to do something like that right now. I expressed not long ago how truly special I think it is to be there for those less fortunate on the holidays ... not the day before or after ... but, on the actual holiday itself ... like Thanksgiving. You and Jim will not only be helping by filling tummies with yummy foods ... but, you will also be filling the hearts of so many ... with love, light, hope, and gratefulness. Thank you, Earth Angels ... Sue and Jim.

Sue, I hope you and your family enjoy the best Thanksgiving ever. And, I hope your brother is able to join you, too.

I, too, Sue ... am grateful for your friendship ... and that of so many others on SM. I love you, Sue.

I feel grateful for so much. My prayers and heart are with those whose lives are in so much turmoil. And, also for those who feel as though they are alone and don't have anyone to reach out to them.
I love you too, Marie. Wish I could send you a little apple pie virtually. It came out so good It was very heartwarming to spend the day with so many people who didn't even have that much to begin with but were really left with absolutely nothing by this storm. Two little boys, after the raffle came up to a woman who was in charge and very quietly said, "I wish we got a little prize."Gosh I wish I had something to give them. The woman was wonderful and I think she whipped up something. Every family went home with a goodie bag full of things they could use and during the dinner there was a craft table for the kids and games to play.
I agree. I think of those who don't feel alone or blue during the holidays for whatever reason and also for those serving our country so far from home. But if we can all do a little something it can help.
Quote:
Originally Posted by maggieh View Post
Sue, I hope you and your family have a wonderful time together and also have a blessed day helping out tomorrow. Happy Thanksgiving to you!
Thanks so much Maggie. It was great.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoaloha View Post
What an awesome way to celebrate Thanksgiving. We are thankful to have wonderful people like you, Sue, in this world Hope your heart and belly are happy this thanksgiving!
Aw thanks, Marisa. I am tired and full.

Quote:
Originally Posted by edelweiss View Post
I truly believe EVERYday should be Thanksgiving---so whether we celebrate today, tomorrow or next week, we are united that ALL of us have so many things for which we can honestly give thanks!
Sue, your life is a testimony "that we can (only) change the world one deed at a time."
You truly are the hands of love & care that God will use to encourage those whose lives have been devastated in the blink of an eye. Well done, my friend!
Sending you & your family much love on this national day of Thanksgiving.
Thanks so much, Sandi. I feel fortunate that we could help in some way.

Snowbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-24-2012, 12:22 AM   #22 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Susan
Dog's Name: Tyler

Here were some pictures we took (the dinner, the pie table we were assigned to, the devastated neighborhood in which every block looked like that and the now, dune-less beach
Attached Thumbnails
An Early Thanksgiving Wish-img_1869.jpg   An Early Thanksgiving Wish-img_1871.jpg   An Early Thanksgiving Wish-img_1873.jpg   An Early Thanksgiving Wish-img_1862.jpg  

Snowbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement