A lovely but sad Thanksgiving.. - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-22-2012, 09:35 PM   #1 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Terry
Dog's Name: Naddie, Quincy, & ( "Angel Missy" 8/11/94-7/19/05 )
Default A lovely but sad Thanksgiving..

One dear lady who is a distant relative passed away this past June so the first Thanksgiving missing her at our get-together. One of the hard 'firsts' for her son, and us all as she was always part of our 'festivities" However, I was blown away when he arrived and handed me a bottle of wine and pumpkin pie which they usually 'contributed ' to the dinner...... then he handed me a jewelery box.. said this was in memory of his mom and all I did for her and for him and he knew that she'd want me to have these. ....She LOVED jewelery and had loads of it.
Inside were two tennis bracelets,,, one emerald and diamond and the other sapphire and diamond. The stones are tiny and so dainty. I had admired the emerald some time ago when she was wearing it to one of our holiday dinners. I was sooo touched!!! I will treasure them forever! It truly brought tears to my eyes!

Then last week-end my dear childhood friend's mom ( 93 years old) fell and broke her him...surgery followed.. and just went to rehab so she couldn't be with us either this year as was the norm. My friend spent the AM with her... then joined us for dinner then I made up a plate for her Mom and she took it back to the rehab center for her to have for her PM meal.

In spite of not having these beautiful ladies here with us this year we did have a nice day...but we missed these fiesty ladies. They always brought such a positive 'air' with them when they came... regardless of their health issues... they savored the moment and were great inspiration to us "younger' folk!

I hope everyone had a beautiful day and savored the time spent with loved-ones! Happy and Blessed Thanksgiving!

Old 11-22-2012, 09:58 PM   #2 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Deborah
Dog's Name: Laurel (maltese), Dewey, Violet and Hardy and Dewey

Terry, it is sad when someone who is normally with you at gatherings are gone. Besides my grandparents, my brother and son in law are were deeply missed at our Thanksgiving dinner, at my parents. Your friends son must have known how much your friend cared for you to give you her jewelry box and jewelry. I know that every time you wear them you 'll think of her. It was a lovely thing to do.

Furbabies mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 10:08 PM   #3 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Marie
Dog's Name: Snowball

Awwww ... Sweet Terry. Thank you for sharing your touching Thanksgiving story with us. What a beautiful gift you received from you friend's son ... cherished treasures that both you and his mother loved. And, such lovely rememberances of your friend when you wear the beautiful bracelets.

And, then you helped make Thanksgiving for another childhood friend's mother by providing a Thanksgiving meal for her.

Although your Thanksgiving was bittersweet ... I am happy for you that you were able to have a lovely and memorable Thanksgiving, Terry.

Hugs and love for you, beautiful lady. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.
Old 11-22-2012, 11:09 PM   #4 (permalink)
Banned

Name: Janine
Dog's Name: Charlie & Alex at Rainbow Bridge
Send a message via MSN to MalteseJane

This was so touching. It's always sad on the Holidays when we are missing friends and family members.
MalteseJane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 07:28 AM   #5 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: sandi
Dog's Name: Kitzel & Liesl

Terry, what a special lady you are. . . and I am happy to see it commemorated in such a loving way! Well, it makes my heart sing!
Lovely, feisty old ladies---gotta love um'.
Thank you for sharing this personal reminder to be all that we can be to others and leave some joy, humor and caring as we journey this life so we will be missed one day---hopefully not too soon though!
part of their soul remains unawakened."
"Wag more Bark less"
edelweiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 02:35 PM   #6 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Pam
Dog's Name: Leila

I love feisty old ladies and they are my favorite kind of patients. I'm sure you miss them and have a lot of great memories. How sweet of the son to give you the jewelry!

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App

Leila'sMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement