Need input on dog burial vs cremation ASAP!! - Page 3 - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-28-2012, 08:34 PM   #21 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Mary

I have cremated those that I've lost and still have the ashes, thinking that someday I will plant a white dogwood tree and sprinkle their ashes in with the tree. Then, even if I moved away, I would know that my dogs are resting in a pretty place. One thing that most people don't know is that many cities and towns have laws prohibiting pet burial in their yards. And, honestly, I would feel really creeped out if I was to move to a new home, dig up a patch of yard for a garden and in the process unearth the remains of someone else's beloved pet.

If we are to achieve a richer culture, rich in contrasting values, we must recognize the whole gamut of human potentialities, and so weave a less arbitrary social fabric, one in which each diverse human gift will find a fitting place. - Margaret Mead
MaryH is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-28-2012, 08:39 PM   #22 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

My Marshmallow is buried in our backyard; but I may consider cremation so I will always know where they are located. I would also consider the price and she is always in my heart. I would never buy a casket or place a pet in a pet cemetery.
I do not want to be cremated myself.
My sister-in-law has the ashes of her husband and parents in a sack in her laundry room. So all of this gives me a great deal to think about.
Old 11-29-2012, 12:29 AM   #23 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Janine
Dog's Name: Charlie & Alex at Rainbow Bridge
Send a message via MSN to MalteseJane

I am a little late, but I too am for cremation. I still have not disposed of Alex's ashes. They are in a special place in my entertainment center with his picture and paw pad imprint.
Old 11-29-2012, 09:50 AM   #24 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Pam
Dog's Name: Leila

We've always buried our deceased pets, growing up thinking that's just what you do. Well, when my little yorkie, Cayce, died in August, I had him cremated. I can't tell you how much it helped me the day I brought his ashes home. Now I don't have to worry that I will ever have to move and leave him behind or that his body is all alone and in the cold hard ground. He never liked being alone, cold, or on hard things.

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App

Leila'sMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 10:05 AM   #25 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Nida
Dog's Name: Emma Charlotte (CloudClan Maltese) and Bailey (Honorary Maltese)

Crystal, we chose cremation for our cat Isaiah when he passed away. We were given the choice of a group cremation where they scatter all the ashes at a pet cemetery (around $50) or a private cremation where you get the ashes back (I believe that was around $300-400). We chose to get Isaiah's ashes back and still have them - we have talked about scattering them somewhere special but can't make a decision. I don't know how I feel about holding on to them but I can't seem to let them go. I didn't look in to burial at all because I knew doing it at home was not an option (we will probably be moving at some point and I hated the idea of leaving him behind) but I actually wouldn't have minded looking in to a spot at a pet cemetery.

CloudClan I'll Be There For You - "Emma"
Honorary Maltese - Bailey

Follow us on Facebook: The Adventures of Bailey & Emma
Bailey&Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 11:17 AM   #26 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Abby Harvey
Dog's Name: Daisy Grace, Zoey and Laci Jo
Default Cremation

My Mother passed away 3.5 years ago. Her fluff baby was a pom named Little Bear. He passed away almost 1 year to the day later. We opted for cremation. The cemetary where my precious Mother is buried,would not let us scatter his ashes. Dad went to Lowes, bought PVC pipe about 6 incles long with the caps and we put Little Bears ashes in the pipe along with a picture of him and Mom. Dad glued the caps on each end and we removed the flower vase on the flat headstone and placed Little Bear on Mom's side and returned the vase. Now he is with her and no one knows he's there except the family and now you all...
Daisy's Mommie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 09:49 PM   #27 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

What a sweet idea.
Old 11-30-2012, 12:10 AM   #28 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Michelle Robison
Dog's Name: Amber, Emily,Lil Bit, Rylee, Sasha and a cat named Harry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leila'sMommy View Post
We've always buried our deceased pets, growing up thinking that's just what you do. Well, when my little yorkie, Cayce, died in August, I had him cremated. I can't tell you how much it helped me the day I brought his ashes home. Now I don't have to worry that I will ever have to move and leave him behind or that his body is all alone and in the cold hard ground. He never liked being alone, cold, or on hard things.

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App
That's how my fluffs are ,they don't like to be alone in cold dark places...That's why when our vet offered cremation, it was a hard choice but one I dont' regret. It was hard thinking of burning their precious little bodies but they would be in the ground rotting and being eaten by worms and tree roots growing through them, that was worse to me, plus leaving them alone.
The fluffs we had exumed were almost lost to tree roots..

Just remember to make provisions in a will to let people know about their cremains so they can be with you in the end...

Mommy my bows are too tight...
When bad grooming happens to good Malts...

Jewellery, Doggie Goodies, Handmade tiles,cool flying pictures

http://www.picturetrail.com/michellerobison

Vote for Southern Comfort Maltese Rescue , Chattanooga, TN

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...hallenge.faces
michellerobison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 07:07 AM   #29 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Name: Maggie
Dog's Name: Sweetness and Tessa

I keep meaning to comment but not having time - my Samantha is on a shelf in my bedroom. That's where Sweetness and Tessa (and any others) will be too, and when my time is up, all of the ashes will be scattered together in one of our very favorite places.
Old 11-30-2012, 09:45 PM   #30 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

If I knew that I was going to stay in this house forever I would bury my pet. But if not, then I would go with the urn.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement