Machine Embroidery ? - Page 2 - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-29-2012, 02:27 PM   #11 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Pat
Dog's Name: Pixie (and my precious Sassy in heaven)
Send a message via Yahoo to sassy's mommy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanner's Mom View Post
I got my first embroidery machine 4 years from Pat, (Sassy's Mommy) and absolutely fell in love with it. The machine was a Husq/Viking Rose, a great machine that I would still be using if only I didn't see the new machines with all the whiz bangs on 'em. Fortunately I had Pat to teach me how to use the machine, (think of it as a computer with new commands you have to learn), & she was a great & patient teacher! Learning to do the actual embroidery is not hard, you just have to start doing it. The down side is that it's very addictive. Once you start buying designs, they start sending you notices of sales and who can pass up a good sale?! Then there's the fabric stores you'll be on a first-name basis with. OH & let's not forget about the threads you'll have to buy (All Threads is a great website). Let's face it, I'm hooked!
Great addiction to have!

I have a Husqvarna Viking Designer SE and absolutely love, love, love it!!! You will want to find out whether or not the machine you are considering has computer software or memory cards that you purchase. I have Pro software for my computer/machine and really enjoy designing my own embroidery designs. There are 1000's of designs on the market to purchase so it can get costly.....but fun!
Advertisement

Old 11-29-2012, 03:57 PM   #12 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Name: Lynn
Dog's Name: Lacie,Tilly,Secret(Ch Angels Top Secret of Khanthav) & Breeze(Ch Angels Heavenly Breeze of Linmont)
Send a message via AIM to Lacie's Mom

Bridget -- just sent you a long pm about Embroidery machines.
Old 11-29-2012, 06:44 PM   #13 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Cory
Dog's Name: Bibu and Kissy
Send a message via Skype™ to Bibu

Bridget, I recently purchased (about 1 yr ago) the Brother SE 400 and I love it. I am not an expert at sewing and it truly is fool proof. I highly recommend it it if you are clueless about embroidery as I was.
Old 11-30-2012, 01:57 AM   #14 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

I have a Janome 350 & I love it.....But you should really get one with a 5x7 hoop because people who only have 4x4 always say they wish they had 5x7 hoop size....And it's better to get an "embroidery only" machine because that way you can be embroidering something & using your sewing machine at the same time.

Hugs, Blanche & The Malty Crew
Old 12-03-2012, 07:16 AM   #15 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Bridget
Dog's Name: Lady Bella (and Katie & Lucky at The Bridge)

Thanks everyone for all the support! I just purchased the Brother SE-400 ...the one you mentioned Cory . I hope to use it for the first time today, so I'll let you know how it goes. It is not my "dream" machine, but if I find that I enjoy embroidering, then I will save up for a 5x7 with more bells and whistles . Thanks again everyone!

"A weed is just a plant whose virtues have not yet been discovered."
Summergirl73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 08:14 AM   #16 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Grace
Dog's Name: Daisy

Hey Bridget i love embroidery. I remember when I was little and my greAt aunt would embroider I used to love seeing all the different colours. She taught me how to sew and atI love embroidering still!! Strange I love to see something form from nothing. I always do few home made gifts however unfortunately I rather hand embroider over using a machine so can't help I'd try it both ways it's such a joy to know your hands made it. Good luck and show us some of your handy work
WeeGrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 08:29 AM   #17 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Bridget
Dog's Name: Lady Bella (and Katie & Lucky at The Bridge)

Thank you . Isn't it amazing to watch our visions come to life? There are SO many creative folks on SM. I love that we are all so passionate about our varying crafts! I'm really excited to get started today. I do need the help of our "SM" pro's at figuring out which software package I should be saving for. I'm thinking Embird, Sew What Pro...but I'm just starting the reseach on these. I REALLY want to be able to do lots of Monograms/words and of course tons of Maltese designs .

"A weed is just a plant whose virtues have not yet been discovered."
Summergirl73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement