I just felt like blowing up!!! - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-29-2012, 06:09 PM   #1 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Abby Harvey
Dog's Name: Daisy Grace, Zoey and Laci Jo
Default I just felt like blowing up!!!

I have a pet (pardon the pun!) peeve that drives me crazy!!! I makes me so MAD to hear people say: "I need to or I want to get RID of him/her" when referring to their fur baby. I had a lady come into my husbands' office and tell me that she cleans for a lady who had a Coton--11 mts old and she didn't like having to clean up after her so she was going to get RID of her. The cleaning lady took her but she told me that she is not fitting in with her other 2 furbabies (both maltese) and she wants to get RID of her. I told her I would take her. That's how I got my little fluff boy Zoe --we were his 4th home and he was only 3 years old. My mother in law (grrrrrr) wants to get RID of her fluff baby--a maltese named Angel--because she has a skin condition and she don't have the money to get her well. Well...her husband is a flippin millionaire-truly--but he won't pay for the vet even though Angel loves him more that she loves my MIL!!
WHAT IS WRONG WITH THESE PEOPLE!!!??? I get RID of my trash, old clothes that don't fit anymore, spoiled food, etc... My furbabies are my children. These people that say these things, do not deserve to have these precious bundles of love and life even close to them much less in their lives.
Thank you for letting me vent--I feel better now. At least until I hear someone say "get RID of" again...
Daisy's Mommie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-29-2012, 06:18 PM   #2 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Gail
Dog's Name: Lucy

Well, thanks. Now you made ME feel bad. Really, though, that makes me furious too. People get a dog, and then as soon as they have a kid..out goes the dog. They get a dog and then have to move, they pick a place that doesn't allow dogs...get rid of it. When we moved from Michigan to Nevada, my mother-in-law said to me, "oh? you're going to take the dogs WITH you?" REALLY?? What ELSE would I do? Leave half my family behind? I truly don't understand how somebody can share their life with one of these beautiful souls, and not make the connection. They just treat them like possessions. I hate it too!
LoveLucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 06:30 PM   #3 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Janene
Dog's Name: Babinka (06/09/14 Rainbow Bridge) Peppino and Tiny Tina

Its soooo sad. thats why there are so many in shelters just waiting for a good home! I will never ever give up any of my fur babies love them 100%
maltese manica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 06:41 PM   #4 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Default Oops, sorry

I'm so sorry if I made you feel bad. That was never my intention to upset anyone. I just get so mad that these people that don't understand that these are living, breathing, loving and caring little souls that hurt, grieve and worry just like we do. Especially our little precious fluff babies. I have had dogs all my life but I have never had one that actually acts like and loves like our babies. These little fluffs are my children--they just wear fur coats and walk on 4 little precious feet. I guess everyone doesn't share our beliefs about them, but that's OK. As someone put on here, there will never be a day that my precious babies will not be loved. (Sorry if I mis-quoted but every word of that is so true!)
Old 11-29-2012, 06:44 PM   #5 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisy's Mommie View Post
I'm so sorry if I made you feel bad. That was never my intention to upset anyone. I just get so mad that these people that don't understand that these are living, breathing, loving and caring little souls that hurt, grieve and worry just like we do. Especially our little precious fluff babies. I have had dogs all my life but I have never had one that actually acts like and loves like our babies. These little fluffs are my children--they just wear fur coats and walk on 4 little precious feet. I guess everyone doesn't share our beliefs about them, but that's OK. As someone put on here, there will never be a day that my precious babies will not be loved. (Sorry if I mis-quoted but every word of that is so true!)
I think that this is a great post!!!! considering Christmas time is coming and alot of people are looking to get a pet. Mabey this will make them think twice!!!!
Old 11-29-2012, 06:51 PM   #6 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Sylvia
Dog's Name: MiMi, Ray and RuRu

I hate when people use that horrible expression too. I had a friend who was a interior decorator, and his client "got rid" of her Pekinese and got a poodle when she changed her decor from oriental to country French. Can you imagine?

However, your post made me happy not angry, because of the way you talk about our precious fluff angels and how much you love them.
Old 11-29-2012, 06:54 PM   #7 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Default Bad Girl!!

I said in my first post that my mother in law is going to get RID or her furbaby Angel because she says she can't afford to get her well. What I didn't tell you is what happened on Thanksgiving. She was talking about Angel and getting rid of her. I just looked at her like I could jump through her. Then the conversation turned to my hubby. He has a hernia that we have been watching and the dr. is going to take care of it in Jan. She told me "you better take care of him and make sure he is ok". I said back to her "I would mortgage my home for my dog so you can bet your sweet a-- that I will take care of my husband". She is now mad at me. Oh well....Bad girl, huh?
Old 11-29-2012, 06:57 PM   #8 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Quote:
I said in my first post that my mother in law is going to get RID or her furbaby Angel because she says she can't afford to get her well. What I didn't tell you is what happened on Thanksgiving. She was talking about Angel and getting rid of her. I just looked at her like I could jump through her. Then the conversation turned to my hubby. He has a hernia that we have been watching and the dr. is going to take care of it in Jan. She told me "you better take care of him and make sure he is ok". I said back to her "I would mortgage my home for my dog so you can bet your sweet a-- that I will take care of my husband". She is now mad at me. Oh well....Bad girl, huh?
well then if you are a bad girl, then I want to join your club!
Old 11-29-2012, 07:33 PM   #9 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Quote:
Ahhh...no problem. Whenever I read stuff about how some people treat pets, it just makes me furious. It not your post, it would have been something else. Really just wanted to let you know I agree with you.
Old 11-29-2012, 07:35 PM   #10 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by maltese manica View Post
well then if you are a bad girl, then I want to join your club!
Ha! You should have said, "nah...it's too much bother. I think I'll have to get rid of him. Do you know anybody who might like a used husband?"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement