Cambridge update & Ruby - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-01-2012, 07:09 AM   #1 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: sandi
Dog's Name: Kitzel & Liesl
Default Cambridge update & Ruby

We finally got DD, baby & SIL moved out of their tiny apt. yesterday. When we arrived it looked like they didn't know they were moving exactly! It has been a busy & hectic time, but most of the work is behind us w/only a few details to clear up. Tomorrow is the Thanksgiving service for Marco w/a small reception afterward. We will all be up early on Tues. as their taxi arrives at 5:30 & we will follow in our rental car---probably w/some of their many pieces of luggage. Fortunately our 2nd daughter arrived a day after we did & will fly back as far as Chicago w/them to help w/the baby.
On another note I have had a few calls as our cat, Ruby, is not doing at all well. The lady who is keeping her is a friend who has worked for 27 yrs. w/the SPAZ group here (rescue) and has kept Ruby a lot. She can't get the meds down her & has been in contact w/our vet several times & will take Ruby to her vet today to get an antibiotic shot for a UTI. We had a complete check up for her a week before we left & she got a rabies shot---her test came back w. high glucose levels that may be excessive partly due to the UTI. She was a street cat before so does not take kindly to being forced to take meds. Lucy is very worried about Ruby but there isn't too much I can do from here, and I can't leave early to go back---so instead of two I now wish there were 3 of me to handle things!
Lisi & Kitzi are managing w/the young lady who is caring for them but she says Kitzi misses us! She keeps them pretty busy which helps, but yesterday on the walk outside Kitzi did not want to walk. Thank heavens Erophilia had Kitzi's lovely Suzan Lanci bag w/and he got plopped in that so she could walk one and carry one!
So that is the Cambridge report. We have no internet at home so I am at a hotel checking my msgs. Please forgive me for not replying.
part of their soul remains unawakened."
"Wag more Bark less"
edelweiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-01-2012, 11:32 AM   #2 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Debbie

Wow Sandi, you've been one busy woman, but i know how excited you were to finally get your hands on Marco. I'm sorry to hear about Ruby, i know how hard it is when you are trying to care for a cat that has been on the streets and sadly in Greece there are tons of cats on the streets everywhere! At the grocery store that my mom shops at in Crete a little kitten was dumped and she saw him and took him home, he's only about 3 months old poor little baby, but now he's with my mom so he's well taken care of and loved. She's the cat lady and i'm the dog lady. I know the kids must be missing mommy and daddy big time and it won't be long til your back with them. Can't wait to see pics of you and Marco. Have a safe trip back.
Old 12-01-2012, 01:08 PM   #3 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Marisa
Dog's Name: Obi (Bellarata's You Better Believe It) & Owen (Aria Maltese)

Sandi, what a busy time you are having! It must be wonderful to see your grandson in the midst of all this. We are thinking of you and I hope that Riby feels better and that L and K do well until your return!
hoaloha is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement