my update - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-02-2012, 03:11 AM   #1 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Pat
Dog's Name: Archie, Abbey, Ava, Mona Lisa and Tinker
Default my update

Sorry I haven't been very active here on SM lately. Things are moving forward and backward here at the same time....

Our renovations are moving along very quickly. The drywall is in and the painter will be here tomorrow! The hardwood flooring will be delivered on Tuesday, the bathroom tile is ready to be picked up at the store and I found flooring for Stan's man-cave in Lowes and it was in stock, so we brought it home. I've ordered appliances, but the kitchen cabinets are holding us back. The store I was going to get them from won't have them for up to 6 weeks. My builder is going to try to get them for me quicker.

I absolutely love the tiles I got for the bathroom, and today I ordered this vanity....oh my gosh...I'm gonna have such a pretty home!!
my update-bath-vanity-ordered-12-1-12.jpg
Could use suggestions on what type of mirror to get though.

Now for the bad news:

My sister has a disabling disease (nuero sarcoidosis) and has good days and bad days. Lately she's been falling asleep several times a day - which isn't too out of the ordinary for her, but according to my dad, it's been worse than usual. She did my wash for me the other day and they brought it back to me last night on their way to the er - so she could get checked out. They decided to admit her and this morning she stopped breathing and is now on a ventilator and has a feeding tube.

No one can tell us anything...because they just don't know if she'll start breathing on her own or not.

My poor dad is devistated and is just lost.....first his house and now his daughter. Oh, and this summer my dad was driving home and pulled along side a guy on a bike sitting in the center of the road, evidently my dad startled this guy and he got angry and started yelling at my him. My dad couldn't believe the man was so mad and laughed at him, telling him he had road rage. Well the guy pressed charges and my dad had to go to court and pay a fine. He didn't hit the guy, just startled him, but the guy lied in court and my poor dad is too laid back to fight...now the judge is making him retake the driving test. He can't study under these circumstances so he's sure he'll lose his liscense also. The public adjuster isn't taking on his house, so I will be dealing with the insurance company. His house is 100 years old and the ins. co. is sending a structural engineer out to check it before they offer any $. Who knows when that'll happen, we can't even get in touch with the adjuster So, tomorrow morning I'm meeting with the builder, my dad and Randy (the broker in my office, and Stan's son). Maybe we can figure out what we can do.

Ok, sorry for rambling on, and I hope I made sense - it's 3 in the morning and I can't sleep.

Thanks for listening to my problems

Archie, Ava and Abbey
Life is Good!!!....and keeps gettin' better!!!

To get to Ava's FB page...
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Ava/2...9759780?ref=hl
The A Team is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-02-2012, 06:35 AM   #2 (permalink)
TLR
Maltese Guru

Name: Tracey
Dog's Name: Ben

Pat, so happy the house renovations are moving along. I'm so sorry about your sister and your dad. Will keep them in my prayers.
Old 12-02-2012, 07:16 AM   #3 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Brenda
Dog's Name: Jodi

I saw this on fb last nite Pat, I'm so sorry about your sister and everything else. Praying that she is doing better today. I'm glad everything is coming along at your house, and that's one less thing to worry about.
Old 12-02-2012, 08:02 AM   #4 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Jeanne
Dog's Name: Nellie, Joy, Billye, Glory Girl, Paula, Vinnie

Pat WOW too much to be going through.. and OK that you shared on SM.. Hoping it turns in a better direction soon.
Old 12-02-2012, 08:54 AM   #5 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Terry
Dog's Name: Naddie, Quincy, & ( "Angel Missy" 8/11/94-7/19/05 )

Oh Pat... I so sorry about your sister's situation and your Dad's problems as well. You certainly have a plateful, dear lady!

On the positive note ...so happy your home is getting back to 'rights' and things are falling into place on that 'front'.

I'm so sorry I have not been able to contribute to your 'cause! We are using every extra penny we have helping a family who are in dire financial straits due to health isues and job loss... and have a couple of kids.very sad situation for sure.

Will be praying things improve for your sister and for your dad as well!
Old 12-02-2012, 09:44 AM   #6 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Name: Maggie
Dog's Name: Sweetness and Tessa

Pat - I am so very sorry for everything you are dealing with. Praying for your sister, your dad, and especially you! Sending you HUGE virtual hugs this morning.
Old 12-02-2012, 09:53 AM   #7 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Carole
Dog's Name: Giovanni & Manny-Guiseppe

So happy your house is coming along so well. I know you must feel overwhelmed about your sister and with taking care of others, but you will get through this. Praying for your sister's health - we are here for you!

ckanen2n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 10:35 AM   #8 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Pam
Dog's Name: Leila

I'm happy for you with your house! I hope your sister will be ok. Sending up prayers now for her, you & your family.

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App

Leila'sMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 12:38 PM   #9 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: sandi
Dog's Name: Kitzel & Liesl

Oh Pat, you poor dear---sending lots, lots, lots of love your way! Words are trite. Hang in there & tomorrow will be brighter, really. Get some sleep! Hugs.
part of their soul remains unawakened."
"Wag more Bark less"
edelweiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 01:16 PM   #10 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Pat
Dog's Name: Sassy
Send a message via Yahoo to sassy's mommy

Pat I am so sorry that your plate is so full. I know you are a strong lady and you will deal with this as it comes along. Sending lots of hugs and prayers your way. Try to keep your head up. Love you.....
Advertisement