Good thoughts and prayer for my son, please - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-02-2012, 11:49 PM   #1 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Susan
Dog's Name: Tyler
Default Good thoughts and prayer for my son, please

My son left today for an 18 day trip...to Italy and Australia. He's been vaguely talking about it for a while now, kind of, I think I might go to Australia. Now I myself would have been planning down to the last detail for months. Not when you're 22, I guess. Last week he suddenly said,"I'm leaving on my trip next Sunday or Monday." This is his first time to Europe and obviously to Australia. He started off with his flight from here cancelled today but then rebooked out of Boston tonight. He's meeting a friend in Milan and then they're going skiing in Italy (where? don't know. ) Then he'll be off to Brisbane where he has a friend who's doing study abroad there. And he's coming home some convoluted way. He's got a ton of airline miles and hotel points so he should be okay and he's been literally working around the clock producing weather for an NYC tv station during Sandy and producing segments for a Climate Change webcast that Gore put together so I think he's earned some fun time. But I'm a mom and I still worry, especially about his food allergies. I did check that he had his passport and several EpiPens and a rescue inhaler in case his asthma kicks up.

This is going to be a long 2.5 weeks. Do we ever stop worrying? Your prayers would be appreciated.

Snowbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-03-2012, 12:46 AM   #2 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Janine
Dog's Name: Charlie & Alex at Rainbow Bridge
Send a message via MSN to MalteseJane

My answer is NO, we never stop worrying !
Old 12-03-2012, 01:32 AM   #3 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Lyndsy
Dog's Name: Albert

Your in my prayers xx
Lynzodolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 04:41 AM   #4 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Deborah
Dog's Name: Laurel (maltese), Dewey, Violet and Hardy and Dewey

I'll be praying for your son Susan. I guess when your 22, that's the kind of things that you do!! I would worry also, that's what Moms do!!

Furbabies mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 04:47 AM   #5 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Dianne
Dog's Name: CeeCee (Jacob Maltese) Rain (Bonnie's Angel)

Just now seeing this Sue. I understand what you are saying. My nephew just finished college and had been working in the family business all summer and fall. He upped and told my brother, his Father that he was leaving for Europe and staying with a friend and wasn't sure when he would be back. He wanted to travel for a while. I'm sure they will be fine but it upsets the parents when they leave the nest!!! Good luck to David and hope the time flies by and he will be back in NYC!!!!
Old 12-03-2012, 05:08 AM   #6 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Terry
Dog's Name: Naddie, Quincy, & ( "Angel Missy" 8/11/94-7/19/05 )

Oh, Sue,... you're doing what Mom's do best... worry about their kids, no matter what age! I know with his issues of allergies it's a bit more of an 'add-on'.
But what a great opportunity/experience for him! I'm sure the time will fly.... for him!...and DRAG for you! Will be sending out prayers that he will have no 'episodes' and nothing but a wonderful time!

I don't have children but between nieces, nephews and Godchildren... I always get amazed how 'time' seems to mean little to them... as you said , I'd be planning and preparing for a trip like this for weeks but God bless them the younger 'kids' don't seem to 'burden' themselves with all that! LOL ... I sort of envy thier 'approach' to life in matters like this.
We'll all be anxiously awaiting his return and hearing all about his trip!
Old 12-03-2012, 08:49 AM   #7 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: sandi
Dog's Name: Kitzel & Liesl

Sue, it is too late to say this, but I hope he took a photo copy of the front pages of his passport & is keeping it someplace besides w/the real copy! It makes it so much easier to replace if his gets stolen. US passes go for about 6-800$$ on the black market! Something else to tell you "not to worry about!"
We learn through things that happen so he will come home a much more experienced traveler in any case.
I do think the allergy thing makes one so much more alert---for lack of a better word. I will be holding both you, Jim & David in my thoughts and prayers. I am sure he will do JUST fine, but I know it will take a toll on you! Let us know any up-dates, please!
part of their soul remains unawakened."
"Wag more Bark less"
edelweiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 09:00 AM   #8 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Kathy
Dog's Name: Pipper

I would be worried too if I was you. I worry about everything but I guess thats what Moms do. I can't believe when my kids were little I thought that once they grew up I wouldn't have to worry about them any more. Boy was I naive! Praying that he has a great time and that these 2 weeks fly by for you and he will be home safe and sound before you know it.

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog.
You are his life, his love, his leader.
He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart.
You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.

pippersmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 09:18 AM   #9 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Reva
Dog's Name: Bogie and Cassie
Send a message via Yahoo to revakb2

No, you never stop worrying. Safe travels, David, and call mom often.
Old 12-03-2012, 09:32 AM   #10 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Bridget
Dog's Name: Lady Bella (and Katie & Lucky at The Bridge)

Sue, he's not even my child and now I'm worried for him, so I'm not sure that it's even just a Momma thing . On the positive side, he is obviously a very responsible person and good for him for not taking life and "details" TOO seriously. A "responsible free spirit" is a great combination. Please keep us posted on his adventure .

"A weed is just a plant whose virtues have not yet been discovered."
Summergirl73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement