Going to Katie Couric Show for Dog Lovers - Page 2 - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-04-2012, 11:11 PM   #11 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Marie
Dog's Name: Snowball

I LOVE Katie Couric's show! And, it has been tops in the ratings. I think she is finally doing what she has been meant to do. I love Katie and the Ellen DeGeneres show.

I look forward to seeing the show ... please remind us, Sue, when it will air. You are so lucky! I'm sorry that Tyler can't go with you. However, I agree with everyone else ... he would steal the show!

I'm guessing the show had to consider liability issues if everyone brought their dogs ... that, and what if some doggies have to go to potty. Oh, and could you imagine if all the doggies started to bark at the same time.

Old 12-09-2012, 06:56 PM   #12 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Susan
Dog's Name: Tyler

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnad View Post
Can't wait to see it!
Donna - I just saw that the show will air on Thursday. It's on at 3pm, ET on WABC here in NYC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Furbabies mom View Post
Lucky you, that sounds like fun!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassy's mommy View Post
Sounds like fun!
Deb and Pat - I sure hope so.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibu View Post
Oooooh...I wish you could bring Tyler! I'm sure they backed off on the idea because they know he would steal the show!
Me too, Cory. Could be that she worries about being upstaged.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoaloha View Post
I agree! That sounds like so much fun! Let us know when it airs
Marisa - it wil be this coming Thursday. Not sure when or what station it airs on in your area.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoe's Mom88 View Post
Sue that does sound fun!! Have a great time.
Thanks, Barbara. A perk of living here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by educ8m View Post
Ah, one of the great advantages of living in New York--opportunities for fun things like that. Lucky, lucky, you! Enjoy.
I know. I still liked seeing Martha Stewart's Show the best when it was on. They treated you well and you almost always go great gifts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TLR View Post
That's so nice. I think you should send them Tyler's pic so he can steal the show!
Tracey - not a bad idea. Show them what they'll miss
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonDog View Post
Have fun Sue! I sure wish you could take Tyler though.
I do too, Robin. I'll have his pictures on me
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball Pie's Mommi View Post
I LOVE Katie Couric's show! And, it has been tops in the ratings. I think she is finally doing what she has been meant to do. I love Katie and the Ellen DeGeneres show.

I look forward to seeing the show ... please remind us, Sue, when it will air. You are so lucky! I'm sorry that Tyler can't go with you. However, I agree with everyone else ... he would steal the show!

I'm guessing the show had to consider liability issues if everyone brought their dogs ... that, and what if some doggies have to go to potty. Oh, and could you imagine if all the doggies started to bark at the same time.
Marie - look for it on Thursday. I think that the ratings have slipped a lot There are so many new talk shows competing. I figured I'll go while I can. Martha Stewart did allow dogs in the audience on one of her shows so it's kind of disappointing.
Thanks everyone. I think I have to be there around 8am tomorrow but it's in my neighborhood. I'll let you know how it is.

Snowbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 07:27 PM   #13 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Lisa
Dog's Name: London (12/20/07) & Preston (03/25/09)

You sure do get to go to a lot of fun shows!

I hate her show...for some reason she doesn't seem genuine to me and the content really lacks. Hopefully the content will get better as the show goes on. I think Anderson Cooper's show is awful, too (and I really like him)!
Old 12-09-2012, 07:35 PM   #14 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Walter
Dog's Name: Lucky

wow sounds exciting.
wkomorow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 09:17 PM   #15 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Brenda
Dog's Name: Jodi

Have fun Sue, let us know where you are seated so we can watch for you.
it's Funny I still remember seeing you on the Nate Berkus show and everytime I see that show I think of you. Hope you get a good seat.
Old 12-09-2012, 11:02 PM   #16 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Name: Maggie
Dog's Name: Sweetness and Tessa

DVR is set!
Old 12-10-2012, 07:41 PM   #17 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Pat
Dog's Name: Archie, Abbey, Ava, Mona Lisa and Tinker

Sue, did you see Nikki and Bebe???

Archie, Ava and Abbey
Life is Good!!!....and keeps gettin' better!!!

To get to Ava's FB page...
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Ava/2...9759780?ref=hl
The A Team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 08:35 PM   #18 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Susan
Dog's Name: Tyler

Saw the show today and yes it will be on this Thursday. I had a great seat...third row, middle section, middle seat. I was wearing a red shirt since they told us to wear very bright colors. Sitting next to a blond woman on my left and a younger, long haired woman on my right. The studio was freezing.
Talk about long. Got on line about 8:30, we were let in at 9:00 (pretty good as far as tv audiences go and it was raining out) and into the studio around 10am. They shot from 10:30am-1:00pm. They first shot a few insert segments (lead ins/wrap ups) for today's show and tomorrow's with Jane Fonda.
Then the show. It was almost totally devoted to pets. They had on two service dogs - one helping a soldier with PTSD and another who helped a girl with diabetes. Carrie Anne Anaba (Dancing with the Stars) was on. She's started a foundation to raise money for shelter dogs and get out the word. There was a vet there from one of the CA shelters too. Then there were Katie's two dogs - think they were both shelter dogs if I recall and the pet psychic who has a radio show. She was kind of scattered on stage. Sounded like a lot of it didn't jive with what Katie knew of her pets and she called a male a female saying "She's telling me..." Kind of skeptical. Then they had on a Rescue Organization from Freeport Long Island who lost everything in Sandy and they had several adorable dogs up for adoption (except that they peed on the astro turf and a couple were licking the turf where the others peed ). It was all fun. We got a Paul Mitchell JP Pet Holiday Pet Kit of shampoo, conditioner and eye and ear wipes, a $25 gift certificate for Paw.com and the book A Letter to My Dog;Notes to Our Best Friends with lots of beautiful photos of dogs and writings. Katie ended up being very nice staying to answer several questions, many with wit.

All in all a good experience except...I had to go to the bathroom soooooooo badly. Ever have one of those times you think your kidneys will burst then and there? Yup. Maybe the dogs were feeling the same way. Finally during a break I said I had to go to the bathroom desperately and they let me out. Man, I really couldn't have sat another second. Maybe I drank too much water earlier.

Glad I went and Pat, I did see Nikki and Bebe at the very end. They weren't on the show but after the show, Katie did some promos for the show and was holding Bebe. We wondered where she came from, and then at the end I saw Nikki was standing in back.

Snowbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 08:45 PM   #19 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Barbie
Dog's Name: Zoe (Kyra my Angel in Heaven)

Sue, sounds like a good time except that you had to go to the bathroom . Definately will watch or DVR it.
Old 12-10-2012, 09:05 PM   #20 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Marie
Dog's Name: Snowball

Sue, I am glad to hear you had a good time and got a good seat. And, even more happy to know they let you go to the ladies room!! What can they really do if someone has to go? When you gotta go ... you have to go!

I am sorry to hear Katie's rating have gone down. But, then ... I really don't get to see the show much myself. Most of her shows that I have seen I have liked. I have no idea how many talk shows are on the air these days. I only watch Katie's, Ellen, and The Talk. I used to like The View ... but, really lost interest. And, again ... even then, I don't watch TV all day long.