Ordering Scrappy Pets harness - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-06-2012, 06:47 PM   #1 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Nora
Dog's Name: Cici
Send a message via Yahoo to BellaNotte
Default Ordering Scrappy Pets harness

Just wanted to make sure, is this the official scrappy pets website?
Scrappy Pets Recycled Dog Lead
It just looks a little simple compared to like BB harness website, but I just want to make sure it's official and safe to order from here. I found it's cheaper there than with GW Little.

Also, has anyone purchased the sport red one? On this site it looks a little dull to me, http://www.scrappypets.com/harness_sred.png
but I don't know if it's the picture. Because on a google search I found http://www.seniorpetproducts.com/ima...ndary/1875.jpg
It looks more bright red.

So i'm either between that one (if it's like the second picture) or the croc red one http://www.scrappypets.com/harnessredcroc.png

I was previously going to purchase the BB from a pet boutique because they messaged me saying they would get them in before thanksgiving, then they messaged me when they got them and I drove over there only to be disappointed because they NEVER had the BB, it was a totally different leather harness that was stiff and thick.
So I've made up my mind to get the scrappy pet harness for good now, no more looking back or doing more research! I'll just give it a try

Last edited by BellaNotte; 12-06-2012 at 06:50 PM.
BellaNotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-06-2012, 07:04 PM   #2 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Tori
Dog's Name: Grace -maltipoo, Gus - poodle mix

That is the official site...and they shipped them fast... I got them in good time

I ordered the Smooth Brown for Gus and the Smooth Pink for Grace -- Neither are shiny. They are very soft leather.

The Croc one might be shiny.

I love ours

Grace (Dec. 4, 2011) & Gus (Dec.15, 2009)

my lyme journey blog: faith, water, & yoga

my lyme video (updated link):
Tick,tick,tick... Time to see Lyme
Grace'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 07:04 PM   #3 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Debbie

That's the official site for Scrappy Pets. The Sports Red does look kind of dull, i really like the Croc Red, really pretty. That's too bad that you had to drive all that way to find out it wasn't the right harness.
Old 12-06-2012, 07:16 PM   #4 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Marj
Dog's Name: Bailey and Lady at the Bridge

I got one Scrappy Pets harness recently and love it.

I got the black croc. I like shiny. I have a couple Buddy Belts in the classic colors (red and tropical sea) and they are not shiny at all. If I were ordering a red harness from Scrappy Pets, I'd get the red croc.

I think you will be very happy with them. The quality seems comparable, but they are even softer and more flexible since they have a "joint" in the middle. They are less expensive, the shipping is amazing (you pay for first class but they send them priority). They don't have all the colors or the marketing Buddy Belts do which is how they can keep their prices down.

The only drawback I have found is that Buddy Belts have six holes and Scrappy Pets only four. The extra two holes do help if you use them over clothes like I do.
Ladysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 07:27 PM   #5 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Barbie
Dog's Name: Zoe (Kyra my Angel in Heaven)

I have never seen those....I love them. Think I will order one.
Old 12-06-2012, 07:57 PM   #6 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Nora
Dog's Name: Cici
Send a message via Yahoo to BellaNotte

Yay! I think I will be ordering the red croc from them then So excited! I'm about done with the one Cici has right now, at first it looked so pretty but she can't wear it with clothes since it covers a lot of her body and it's been causing her to matt in that area a lot lately.
Old 12-06-2012, 08:20 PM   #7 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Marj
Dog's Name: Bailey and Lady at the Bridge

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaNotte View Post
Yay! I think I will be ordering the red croc from them then So excited! I'm about done with the one Cici has right now, at first it looked so pretty but she can't wear it with clothes since it covers a lot of her body and it's been causing her to matt in that area a lot lately.
Harnesses do cause matting. Bailey is in a Town and Country and I find tank styles work best on him. Anythnig with even a little sleeve makes mats like felt.

I make sure I brush all the hair on his front legs down after I put on his shirt so nothing is caught. I always brush out his legs when I put his harness on so no hair is caught before we walk. I pay dearly if it is!

Even with all this he will still get a few mats around his chest/underarms. I brush him every night and use Kinky Curl to get them out.
Ladysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement