Getting my back fixed!! Yay! - Page 2 - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-10-2012, 08:19 PM   #11 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Name: Maggie
Dog's Name: Sweetness and Tessa

Praying that all goes well with your surgery!
Advertisement

Old 12-11-2012, 12:21 AM   #12 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Susan
Dog's Name: Tyler

JoJo that's great news. Hope it all goes well. My neighbor had stenosis of the spine where the canal was filled with calcification. The surgeon went in and cleaned it out, laproscopically and it's like a miracle. She had been in so much pain and began to have pain shooting down her leg too. It's amazing how far some of the spinal surgery has come over the years. How long is your rehab period? My neighbor needed 6 weeks for full range of motion and deep bending.

Snowbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 01:53 AM   #13 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Michelle Robison
Dog's Name: Amber, Emily,Lil Bit, Rylee, Sasha and a cat named Harry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mia's Grammy View Post
Hi,
I have also had a back problem on going for some time now. I have a heniated disc, sacral joint problems and severe bursitis in the right hip. I hope your surgery goes well and you have a speedy recovery Keep us posted.
Same back issues I have,I could barely walk or stand for almost 2 years before surgery and took over a year after surgery. I used a refillable ice pack on my back almost constantly.
It took a long time but I do pretty well now,as long as I don't turn the wrong way.
Bad left hip...

I hope everything goes well and heals quickly..
Hugs!

Mommy my bows are too tight...
When bad grooming happens to good Malts...

Jewellery, Doggie Goodies, Handmade tiles,cool flying pictures

http://www.picturetrail.com/michellerobison

Vote for Southern Comfort Maltese Rescue , Chattanooga, TN

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...hallenge.faces
michellerobison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 02:19 AM   #14 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Lyndsy
Dog's Name: Albert

That's great I hope all goes well for you and you make a speedy recovery xx
Lynzodolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 02:02 AM   #15 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Gigi
Dog's Name: Lily, Audrey & Storm(y)

Only 3 things to say. Hopefully you are having a minimally invasive procedure, if you have any nerve compromise you should be having the procedure done by a neurosurgeon not an orthopedist who have significantly less training in such matters, and good luck.

THREE RESCUED ANGELS
gopotsgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 11:02 AM   #16 (permalink)

Name: Jojo
Dog's Name: Daisy & Cupcake

So sorry I haven't responded or updated y'all! I had my surgery 12/28. Minimally invasive. Have to wear a brace for 6 weeks & have restrictions on bending & he doesn't want me lifting more than 20 lbs , but prefers I keep it to under 15 lbs during that time. I'm 4 weeks post op right now.
It took 9 days post op before I felt any kind of relief & although I'm a lot better, it gets aggravated pretty easily. I'm afraid that once my restrictions are lifted that all of my pain is going to come back. I keep getting terrible butt cramps on my left butt cheek for about the past 2 weeks. It almost feels like its in spasm. I also have terrible pain between my shoulders & on the left side of my mid back. I had this pain before but I was hoping that it was due to me compensating for the lower back. I had a cervical MRI when I had my lumbar MRI but now he wants me to get one of the thoracic spine too. I'm holding off though because my mom & hubby have been massaging those parts of my back because when I complained of the pain my mom asked if she could rub it for me & I said yes & when she did, we could feel all kinds of knots. Some were huge & some were small & some of the larger knots had little smaller knots (felt almost like rice) in them. So I'm going to try massage therapy first instead of getting the MRI right away. My doctor cleared me for massage as long as it is not deep around the surgery site.

Sorry this is so long, but that's part of the reason I didn't update is because I knew it would be a novel plus I'm discouraged about all the other pain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowbody View Post
JoJo that's great news. Hope it all goes well. My neighbor had stenosis of the spine where the canal was filled with calcification. The surgeon went in and cleaned it out, laproscopically and it's like a miracle. She had been in so much pain and began to have pain shooting down her leg too. It's amazing how far some of the spinal surgery has come over the years. How long is your rehab period? My neighbor needed 6 weeks for full range of motion and deep bending.
I have restrictions for 6 weeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by michellerobison View Post
Same back issues I have,I could barely walk or stand for almost 2 years before surgery and took over a year after surgery. I used a refillable ice pack on my back almost constantly.
It took a long time but I do pretty well now,as long as I don't turn the wrong way.
Bad left hip...

I hope everything goes well and heals quickly..
Hugs!
Belated thank you! Interestingly, walking & standing is ok. Sitting KILLS me, & if I've been sitting a while, it's hard to stand up straight afterwards. I feel like a granny & I'm not even 42 yet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopotsgo View Post
Only 3 things to say. Hopefully you are having a minimally invasive procedure, if you have any nerve compromise you should be having the procedure done by a neurosurgeon not an orthopedist who have significantly less training in such matters, and good luck.
Yes it was minimally invasive & I absolutely agree about going only to a neuro for anything with the spine. When I hear of people who have ortho's working on their back, I think they've lost their mind!
Old 01-26-2013, 11:40 AM   #17 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Nickee
Dog's Name: Yogi

I Have A List -plus most of the above. I Know your Pain.
Hope All goes well for you. Nickee In Pa*
Yogi's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 12:24 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yogi's Mom View Post
I Have A List -plus most of the above. I Know your Pain.
Hope All goes well for you. Nickee In Pa*
How do you deal with it? I'm becoming very depressed. I'm sick of pain meds, muscle relaxers, etc. I don't want to be on meds for the rest of my life.

Do you have any exercises or stretches that you do? I have some but they don't always help.

Ant input or advise from anyone would be appreciated!
Old 01-26-2013, 12:42 PM   #19 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Barb
Dog's Name: Spookie

I have to tell you, I had a laminectomey before the cervical fusion done by a neuro. He botched it. Orthos do bones. Neuros shouldn't. Never again will I let a neuro touch my spine. I should have sued this guy. He would have lost.

Think before you pink
Do you know how the money is spent?
spookiesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 12:54 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spookiesmom View Post
I have to tell you, I had a laminectomey before the cervical fusion done by a neuro. He botched it. Orthos do bones. Neuros shouldn't. Never again will I let a neuro touch my spine. I should have sued this guy. He would have lost.

I'm so sorry that happened to you! I know there are always bad doctors out there. I'm sorry you ended up with one! there's 2 neuro's in our area that I know for a fact are terrible (I've seen their patients afterwards, and its not good) I'm very fortunate to work in the medical field so I know (mostly) who to avoid!