I've Been Busy - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-11-2012, 01:03 PM   #1 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Name: Lynn
Dog's Name: Lacie, Tilly and Secret (Ch Angel's Top Secret of Khanthav)
Send a message via AIM to Lacie's Mom
Default I've Been Busy

As most of you know, my DH passed away in April this year and, yes, the holidays have been a struggle for me this year.

But, as always, even though I've not been in a very "Merry" mood, I've been extra busy.

This past Friday was my boss' Holiday Party for his Direct Reports (appx 25) and I planned and hosted that event.

On Saturday, we had our company's Holiday party for Albuquerque Employees and Guests (appx 500) and I planned and hosted that event.

This coming Saturday is the company's Holiday Party for Las Cruces (appx 125) and then on the Friday before Christmas is the company's Holiday Party for Santa Fe (appx 150). Of course, these are my events too. In between, I plan a number of smaller events for some of our smaller offices in New Mexico.

And, I've been keeping track of our Secret Santa Participants and helping get our Birthday Buddy Questionnaires completed along with hoping for more entries in the Holiday Photo Contest here on SM.

I am going to Paris this year for Christmas. I was an exchange student in France during my junior year of hs and then was at the Sorbonne in Paris for my sophmore year of college. I will be spending this Christmas with my "French Family". I was supposed to visit them this past spring, but that was when my DH passed and so I couldn't go.

I am looking forward to the visit and doing something different for the Holidays that won't make me think of my husband or my mother or father.

So, although I've looked at pictures and kept up with posts, I haven't responded as much as I normally do. But I still love all of you.

Lacie, Secret & Tilly
Lacie's Mom is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-11-2012, 01:05 PM   #2 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Name: Maggie
Dog's Name: Sweetness and Tessa

Lynn - the trip to Paris sounds wonderful and a great distraction for you this year! Enjoy it, and know that we will be thinking of you!
Old 12-11-2012, 01:13 PM   #3 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Lynne
Dog's Name: Angel, Annie, Speckles
Send a message via AIM to angel's mom Send a message via Yahoo to angel's mom

I'm sure you are exhausted with all that you are doing, but I'll bet it helps to keep your spirit up. That seems to be just the kind of thing that you thrive on. I'm glad you are going to Paris. Enjoy your holiday there. Hugs

angel's mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 01:14 PM   #4 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: sandi
Dog's Name: Kitzel & Liesl

Lynn, you continue to amaze me w/your gifting, truly.
I know it has been a difficult year for you in so many ways and I hope/pray that 2013 will find you w/some wonderful new beginnings. I would not be at all surprised to find out about something new and exciting in your life! It is good to grieve the past so that we can move forward having such wonderful memories to reflect upon. Some people never take time for that and miss out on so much. It is not easy to do, but important.
So sending you wonderful wishes for the Paris trip---hopefully it will be magical and meaningful!
Give your babies all a love from my two and sending you a giant hug! I am glad we finally got to meet in September!
part of their soul remains unawakened."
"Wag more Bark less"
edelweiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 01:18 PM   #5 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Lyndsy
Dog's Name: Albert

Lynn I hope you go to Paris and have a wonderful time you deserve it you work so hard on here it seems to me , I have only been wit this site since September but I love it and you and lots of other members have given me great support about Albert and other issues too . We will be thinking of you me and my boy Albert ... Have a great time I'm sure you will be loaded down with as much to do when you. Come back Hun xx
Old 12-11-2012, 01:22 PM   #6 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Brenda
Dog's Name: Jodi

Lynn, what a wonderful way to spend the holidays I'm sure you all will have a great time.
Old 12-11-2012, 01:25 PM   #7 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Orla
Dog's Name: Milo
Send a message via MSN to Orla

Lynn, I hope you have a wonderful Christmas in Paris! You are such an amazing person.

Milo's Instagram
Orla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 01:27 PM   #8 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Lynn have a wonderful time ,spoil your self you deseve it .
jodublin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 01:31 PM   #9 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Barbie
Dog's Name: Zoe (Kyra my Angel in Heaven)

Lynn, I can imagine how busy you are arranging all of those parties.....that is a lot of work in itself. Sorry your not feeling Merry and rightfully so, losing family members isn't an easy thing to deal with. Going to Paris will be such fun and seeing friends you haven't in a while is great. Enjoy yourself!!

Thank you for being a part of SS and now Birthday buddies, I know coordinating all that cannot be easy, but thank you because it is a lot of fun to be a part of. Love you too!! Hugs.
Old 12-11-2012, 01:44 PM   #10 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Robin
Dog's Name: Phoebe Trixibell (adopted) and Griffin (Bonnie's Angel)

Lynn, you are one amazing woman! You put your heart and soul into everything you do and you are so organized! How on earth do you do it all? You so deserve to go to Paris to celebrate Christmas with you "French Family". I know you'll have a fabulous time. Thank you for all that you do for us here!

I would hate to live in a world without dogs, glass, or wine...
MoonDog is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement