Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

What would you do?

2K views 24 replies 17 participants last post by  eiksaa 
#1 ·
I recently bought Milo 3 pairs of custom made pajamas from a store on Etsy. I have bought vests for him from the same person before and they were great.

There was a big delay on the pajamas because the person was sick(which I didn't mind). When I received them I knew straight away that they were the wrong size. I checked back in my messages to make sure I had given his correct measurements, which I had. The neck and length measurements are fine but the chest is almost 4 inches too big for Milo :(

I'm not sure if I should say anything because 1. She was sick and 2. It's not a large store with orders all the time.

What do you think?

#2 ·
Bummer. I would politely send her a note and let her know the situation. Let her know you'd like a refund/exchange. If she gives you any grief, you can always copy a portion of your original note showing the size requested, and a picture of your measuring tape on the garment showing that the measurements were off. I'm sure they'll be happy to fix everything for you :) .

#6 ·
Like the others said, I would send her a nice note letting her know. I sew a lot and have found patterns are not always true to size. If she used a pattern, this could be what happened and she may appreciate you letting her know so she can alter the pattern from now on for an accurate fit and also fix the problem with your pajamas. Most people want to make their customers happy.

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App

#19 ·
Orla, I can tell you as a small business owner who creates custom items, it would kill me to know I had made an error and a customer just stayed silent and unsatisfied and didn't give me the opportunity to fix it! Please let her know the situation, I don't even have to tell you to be polite because I can tell you will be. I would bet she'll make sure she does what it takes to make you happy. Most of us creators are that way!!
I agree with Brenda and Celeta. I've ordered many things from Etsy and the women I've dealt with are so accommodating and really care. She might have just measured off and not realized. Don't worry. I'm sure that she'll welcome your comment. Was she in the states or there?

#12 ·
Orla, I can tell you as a small business owner who creates custom items, it would kill me to know I had made an error and a customer just stayed silent and unsatisfied and didn't give me the opportunity to fix it! Please let her know the situation, I don't even have to tell you to be polite because I can tell you will be. I would bet she'll make sure she does what it takes to make you happy. Most of us creators are that way!!

#17 ·
I would send her a nice email saying something along these lines: "I'm so sorry to bother you as I know you've been sick lately but I wanted to let you know I received my order and while the pajamas are absolutely beautiful, the chest measurements are off by about 4 inches. Could you have possibly confused my order with someone elses? It can happen to anyone. If so, would it be possible to fix this in any way?

I look forward to hearing from you."

#22 ·
I make PJs for my two... and my sister's.

I've thought about making them for other little dogs. Both Gus and Grace are hard to fit because they are so long. Grace fits an XS chest but a S length.

If I ever made them for someone else and got the size wrong, I'd want to know....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.