Stressful! - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-14-2012, 09:53 AM   #1 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Lindsay
Dog's Name: Opey (Maltese) & Loco (Basset Hound)
Default Stressful!

Yesterday was quite an ordeal for me and DH. I commute into Boston everyday on the train to and from work and then I walk about a mile each way to my office. Well yesterday, I got off the train and had a very sharp and intense pain in my belly (I'm now 24 weeks, 3 days pregnant). I called my DH who was working at home and is about 30 minutes away (with no traffic). He said he would come get me but I decided to keep walking, to just get to my office. The pain lasted my whole walk of 15-20 minutes. When I got work I sat down and the pain stopped for a few minutes but then came back in waves. So I called my doctor's office who is 45-50 minutes away from my work by my house. They said it may be ligament pain so to stay off my feet and call them back in an hour. I sat for an hour and the pain kept coming in waves every 7-10 minutes, so after an hour I called them back and the nurse pulled my doctor out of an appt and they said to go to the hospital to be evaluated for pre-term labor. I started to get nervous because I didn't know if I should go to a local hospital in Boston because my hospital is 45-50 minutes away and my husband still had to come and get me. I told my husband to get in the car and head down to Boston. I found out which hospital was the closest hospital to my work and decided to go there (my husband meet me there a little after I checked in). My boss who is a saint canceled her appointments and came with me so we hopped in a cab and headed over to the hospital. I was having contractions and they were 5-6 minutes apart on the monitor. The midwife checked my cervix and it was still closed (thank goodness!). I was at the hospital for a few hours while they ran tests and monitored me and the baby (he was doing great). They had me drink lots of water and the contractions eventually started to get farther and farther apart. It was determined by the tests (by 98%) that baby Hudson will not come within the next two weeks!! I was ordered out of work today and on rest through the weekend by the hospital. I updated my nurse at my doctor’s office and I've been ordered out of work on Monday too. I have an appt with my doctor Monday morning. I'm not sure what her game plan is going to be. Talk about a nerve racking day!!!

Sorry for the long post but wanted to share with my SM friends (that I miss so much since I haven't been able to get on much)!!!

Hugs everyone!!

Follow the Barking Corner blog:
www.barkingcorner.com

Or on Facebook:
www.facebook.com/BarkingCorner
lmillette is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-14-2012, 10:07 AM   #2 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Name: Laura
Dog's Name: Jasper&Dusty; Alvin,Winston&Angel waiting at the Bridge

Oh my gosh! How scary Lindsay! Please please please take it easy.

Opey, go lay down by Mommy and make her feel better!
Old 12-14-2012, 10:11 AM   #3 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Glenda
Dog's Name: Madison, Axel and Paxton
Send a message via AIM to Madison's Mom

Oh Lindsay, I know that was frightening for you! My daughter just went through the same thing. After several weeks of taking it easy (I was able to take FMLA and be with her to help out and entertain her!) she delivered a healthy baby girl at 38 weeks.

Hang in there. I know everything will be just fine!
Old 12-14-2012, 10:15 AM   #4 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Kathy
Dog's Name: Pipper

That would be so scary for you. So happy everything stopped. Same thing happened to my daughter last June when she was around 28 weeks. They determined she had been over doing it and was told to stay off her feet as much as possible. They gave her the same test that you had which told her too that baby wouldn't be coming within the next 2 weeks. For the rest of the summer, if she was on her feet too much contractions would start so she learned to take it easy and her daughter was born happy and healthy on Aug 28th at 39 weeks.

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog.
You are his life, his love, his leader.
He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart.
You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.

pippersmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 10:23 AM   #5 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Terry
Dog's Name: Naddie, Quincy, & ( "Angel Missy" 8/11/94-7/19/05 )

Ahhh sorry you had such a scare but so happy all is well... do really do R&R over the week-end!!!... all else can wait!!
Old 12-14-2012, 10:38 AM   #6 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Karen
Dog's Name: Bella and Jasmine (and Heidi at the Bridge)

Lindsay that must have been so scary for you. Don't over do it and do exactly what the doctor's tell you to do. I'm sure Opey will take good care of you.

"In a perfect world every dog would have a home and every home would have a dog"
maltese#1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 10:47 AM   #7 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: sandi
Dog's Name: Kitzel & Liesl

Thinking of you today Lindsay---w/many prayers that all will turn out as it should! Do take care of yourself & that precious little life!
part of their soul remains unawakened."
"Wag more Bark less"
edelweiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 10:54 AM   #8 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Barbie
Dog's Name: Zoe (Kyra my Angel in Heaven)

Lindsay, sorry your going through this. I can imagine what you and DH went through as this is scary stuff. Thank goodness you and the baby are okay. Hugs to you and please keep us posted!!
Old 12-14-2012, 10:58 AM   #9 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Brenda
Dog's Name: Jodi

Take care and have a restful weekend, and so sorry you had to go thru that horrible day. What a worry and yes thank goodness for your boss going with you. Jodi sends some hugs to you and hopes you are feeling better soon XO.
Old 12-14-2012, 11:37 AM   #10 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Name: Lynn
Dog's Name: Lacie, Tilly and Secret (Ch Angel's Top Secret of Khanthav)
Send a message via AIM to Lacie's Mom

Lindsay -- my heart was pounding just reading this. Please take your doctors advice and do bed rest. We don't want anything to happen to you or precious baby Hudson.

Sending lots of prayers and positive energy your way.

Lacie, Secret & Tilly
Lacie's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement