Prayers for Newtown, Conn - Page 2 - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-14-2012, 06:08 PM   #11 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Grace
Dog's Name: Daisy

Oh my word only hearing about this!! How awful. We're there many hurt/killed the poor families teachers and friends that have lost a loved one student or friend. This is awful!! Sayin prayers for those who are affected and so close to Christmas may all these little ones be in a happy place.xxx
WeeGrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-14-2012, 06:10 PM   #12 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Lyndsy
Dog's Name: Albert

Grace there was 27 or 26 killed 18 children xx
Old 12-14-2012, 06:12 PM   #13 (permalink)

Dog's Name: Lily and Ella [Yorkie]

I cannot fathom why anyone would want to hurt innocent children. My heart goes out to the affected families.
Lily12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 07:27 PM   #14 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Name: Maggie
Dog's Name: Sweetness and Tessa

My prayers are with the families of everyone involved - children, staff and community. Some of those teachers who tried to protect their classes and shield them from evil are truly heroes.
Old 12-14-2012, 08:06 PM   #15 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Melissa Martinez
Dog's Name: Paislee and Rustee Wallace

This breaks my heart. I just cried and cried reading about it. Those poor sweet babies. So young and innocent. And all their parents and the families of the adults too its just heartbreaking to say the least.
Old 12-14-2012, 08:26 PM   #16 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Sylvia
Dog's Name: MiMi, Ray and RuRu

This is one time that I will pray with all my heart.
I pray that glorious angels received these innocent little souls and carried them to the Heart of God, where they are home safe.
I pray that to some extent that the millions who are in grief can take away some small part of the unbearable grief the families are suffering.
I pray that the children who survived this unspeakable tragedy will be blessed with forgetfulness.
Old 12-14-2012, 09:59 PM   #17 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Barbie
Dog's Name: Zoe (Kyra my Angel in Heaven)

Such a senseless act. It is a crazy world we live in. Prayers to all those affected by this.
Old 12-14-2012, 10:57 PM   #18 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

tragedy

-Chrisman's Sir Mucho Moxie CDX RN RL1 -

In Memory of my beloved Mogie: October 15, 1994-October 15, 2007
Moxie'smom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 10:59 PM   #19 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Michelle Robison
Dog's Name: Amber, Emily,Lil Bit, Rylee, Sasha and a cat named Harry

I saw this after coming home tonight. It's so unbelieveable. This does happen in other countries,not to the extent it does here...
Many of these perps have a lot in common, loners, broken homes, fascination with violent games and the latest shooters all got their guns illegally,they stole them...
(the theater shooter bought them legally yes)...

I think gun ownership should be harder to achieve,they all should have to go through the same rigorous background checks to buy as they do to conceal carry.

Concealed carry is hard to get... there's FBI background checks, medical history, psych history, criminal history... all checked..

We carry because we travel with a lot of gold and diamonds for shows....I'm also alone in the evenings and at night, out in the country side where no one an hear you cry for help...

I don't think a gun ban will make a difference,criminals will always have guns... a gun can be made with simple tools and parts from a plumbing or hardware store. Anyone can make a weapon of mass destruction, a grenade or a bomb isn't hard to make either...sadly...

As a psych nurse,I know if someone wants to kill many people,they will figure out a way and it's not hard to obtain items to carry that out..

Tougher gun laws,you bet we need them, I'm all for it,you shouldn't be able to buy ammunition through the post, you should be able to cash and carry a rifle from a gun show....but we also need to look at the violent movies and games are young people are playing and watching...They're desensatized to violence and death from these things...

A common thread with many of them is they play these games and eventually the thrill level is gone and they want to see what it's like to kill something for real,starting with animals and eventually people...Kids think you can just get up and keep firing and fighting after being shot, it's what they see in games and on TV, but I can tell you from personal experience,I saw two people shot in front of me in the Army.. when they were shot, one in the leg and the other in the chest,they both went down and neither got up....

A gun isn't deadly in a case or a cabinet... it's deadly in the wrong hands...Anything is deadly in the wrong hands, a hammer, a golf club,scew driver, even a nail gun...

90% of responsible gun owners do not shoot anyone...most haven't even shot a varmit...many collect and never shoot period...

Guns make it easier and takes away the personal aspect of killing,but they're not the problem, it's society. It's how society has placed so little value on life, any life.... I wish I didn't have to own a gun to worry about the safety of myself of my family.

In other countries where guns are banned they have more bombings, saran gas and other lethal gas poisonings ,if people want to kill they will find a way to do it...(when I was in Japan in 2004,there was a Saran gas bomb set off in the underground).

All I can think of right now is the parents and family of the victims, right now their family is thinking of them laying on the cold floor and they can't see them or hug them...

Mommy my bows are too tight...
When bad grooming happens to good Malts...

Jewellery, Doggie Goodies, Handmade tiles,cool flying pictures

http://www.picturetrail.com/michellerobison

Vote for Southern Comfort Maltese Rescue , Chattanooga, TN

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...hallenge.faces

Last edited by michellerobison; 12-14-2012 at 11:05 PM.
michellerobison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 11:13 PM   #20 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Michelle Robison
Dog's Name: Amber, Emily,Lil Bit, Rylee, Sasha and a cat named Harry

We've had it touch our lives closely too, relatives that have killed themselves, friends that have done so, and those who've attempted or have killed an ex... and two people shot in front of me...Like I said ,I wish we lived in a world where guns weren't needed....

Most who own them legally aren't committing most of these crimes, it's people obtaining them illegally...who are...

It's not that people love guns,some do but I think it's deeper than that.
We do jewellery shows and if we were robbed,I'd gladly gift wrap and load the jewellery up for them if they wouldn't harm us, but the reality is, if they kill us, they increases their chances to get away with the crime and if they're caught,by the time it's plead down and "goodtime" served..3 days off a sentence for each single day they don't get into trouble while in jail... they'll be lucky to serve an extra 6 months for killing us... So the law gives them no incentive to not kill us.

Gun control laws are too lax and penalties are too lax...society is too sick... a recipe for tragedy to be repeated...

Mommy my bows are too tight...
When bad grooming happens to good Malts...

Jewellery, Doggie Goodies, Handmade tiles,cool flying pictures

http://www.picturetrail.com/michellerobison

Vote for Southern Comfort Maltese Rescue , Chattanooga, TN

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...hallenge.faces
michellerobison is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement