Prayers for Newtown, Conn - Page 3 - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-14-2012, 11:45 PM   #21 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Sylvia
Dog's Name: MiMi, Ray and RuRu

I stand by my right to have possession of fire arms. I have always lived with guns in the house. I feel more secure knowing that I would not be helpless if it came to that. But, I do not have a Glock....or whatever that is. I uphold the right to bear arms. It makes me sick to think that a twenty something psychotic person had access to powerful semi- automatic weapons of destruction. I am going to keep still and reserve judgement until I learn more. But I do want to learn more. Like why this unbalanced person had so many...so many....killing machines at his disposal.??????
Advertisement

Old 12-14-2012, 11:59 PM   #22 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Debbie

My heart is just breaking for all involved in this senseless tragedy. There have been way too many random shootings, my hope is that there will be more programs and more help made available to those seeking to get help with mental illness and that insurance companies pay 100% for counselling and medications. Unfortunately this seems to be a growing epidemic in this country and there is very little to no help available to those needing the help. Also:

If you would like to mail sympathy cards or letters of support and solidarity to the school, the school address appears to be:

Sandy Hook Elementary School
12 Dickenson Drive
Sandy Hook, CT 06482
Old 12-15-2012, 09:44 AM   #23 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Lindsay
Dog's Name: Opey (Maltese) & Loco (Basset Hound)

First, I want to say that this is horrific tragedy. These poor children and adults that have been killed and affected by this is just beyond unacceptable and horrible. My prayers are with the families and the community.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalteseJane View Post
Sorry to say this : happens mostly ONLY in America. Why ? because you love soooo much your guns. And as long as it does not touch yourself you don't care about gun control. The Second Amendment was certainly good 200 years ago but not anymore today. This latest shooting will be on the news for another maybe 2 weeks (everybody praying and crying over it) and then everybody will have forgotten about it until next shooting. Oh sure, it's people that kill, NOT the guns. BUT if people would NOT HAVE guns they would not be able to kill people. And it would be difficult for one man to kill 30 people with a knife at one time.
Quote:

Disclaimer : this is my own opinion and is not directed at any one in particular.

Now, I wasn't going to comment on your comment because I don't really think this is the time or place but I feel strongly about this. One, it isn’t only in America, have you turned on the news? Because other countries are blowing each other up left and right. Second, guns don't kill people, people kill people. And more people should own protection for themselves. The 2nd Amendment should never be taken from the citizens of this country, as this is what our founding fathers created this wonderful country on. My husband's family is a military family so my views on this are probably very different from most. However, what people seem to fail to recognize is when they talk about gun control and taking guns from citizens, is there will always be guns and the bad people who horrendous stuff like this will always be able to get guns on the black market. The only people that will suffer from banning the 2nd Amendment are citizens that want home protections like me and my husband, not the bad people. This is a society issue, not a gun issue.

Again, I apologize for commenting because I don't think comments like the original post is necessary at this point but since it was posted, I needed to comment.

We’re praying for the loss souls, the families and the community dealing with this tragedy.

Follow the Barking Corner blog:
www.barkingcorner.com

Or on Facebook:
www.facebook.com/BarkingCorner
lmillette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 11:34 AM   #24 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: sandi
Dog's Name: Kitzel & Liesl

Lindsay, I would have to disagree w/you on two points you make above:
1. "guns don't kill people, people kill people"---I would say that while a gun can't kill on it's own, it does kill when in the hands of a human," and that this is not a mutually exclusive statement.
2. the understanding of what the 2nd amendment means---this is debatable and some would say it has to do w/collective militias & not individuals.

My opinion of guns is fostered in a very personal framework---having lost two brothers in two separate instances who were both killed by guns in the hands of someone unstable.
I do believe this man was mentally unstable as I believe the two people who killed my brothers were, but they are still dead & were both killed by guns. I know that people will argue their particular points of interest, but whatever one believes, one thing remains true "guns in the wrong hands can forever change a person's life."
part of their soul remains unawakened."
"Wag more Bark less"
edelweiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 11:57 AM   #25 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Quote:
Sorry to say this : happens mostly ONLY in America. Why ? because you love soooo much your guns. And as long as it does not touch yourself you don't care about gun control. The Second Amendment was certainly good 200 years ago but not anymore today. This latest shooting will be on the news for another maybe 2 weeks (everybody praying and crying over it) and then everybody will have forgotten about it until next shooting. Oh sure, it's people that kill, NOT the guns. BUT if people would NOT HAVE guns they would not be able to kill people. And it would be difficult for one man to kill 30 people with a knife at one time.

Disclaimer : this is my own opinion and is not directed at any one in particular.

I am glad that his mother died too. Can you imagine living with that guilt of your own son killing so many people ? Not sure about this one, but they think he killed his brother too. So many families having to deal with such an horror just before Christmas. The ones who died are the lucky ones. The ones who are left are the ones who have to deal with the pain. I wonder what karma was or is in those people's life.
I agree with you 100%.
zooeysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 12:58 PM   #26 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Michelle Robison
Dog's Name: Amber, Emily,Lil Bit, Rylee, Sasha and a cat named Harry

Sadly if that person didn't have access to guns, he would have used something else I'm sure... the theater shooter had his apartment rigged with explosives. We were in Japan in 2004 and missed being Saran gassed in the underground by 2 hours! Japan doesn't allow gun ownership.

No easy answers in this. in the last two shootings, Oregon Mall and Sandy Hook school, the guns were stolen, neither went out and bought them legally...
The theater shooter did buy legally, sadly. I wonder why they don't have stricter standards to purchase like FBI background checks on everyone, every time they buy a weapon or ammo..I'm a gun owner and I'm all for that!

I have to have an FBI background done every time I buy a hand gun or rifle in a gun store...doesn't bother me one bit, in fact I'd be worried if they didn't do that.
I think you should have a psych eval to buy a weapon too,on file for computer access when you buy any weapons or ammo...

But like I said a gun or a bomb is easy to make with simple hardware store supplies...
Have to change society and our view that life is cheap or if it annoys you kill it.. attitude...
It's the person holding the gun, no matter how they get it that is dangerous...

Assault weapons can either maliciously kill or it can protect, depends on who's behind the trigger....

Like I said, I've seen two people shot in front of me in my lifetime...when you've been 20 feet away from that, it changes your life too..

Mommy my bows are too tight...
When bad grooming happens to good Malts...

Jewellery, Doggie Goodies, Handmade tiles,cool flying pictures

http://www.picturetrail.com/michellerobison

Vote for Southern Comfort Maltese Rescue , Chattanooga, TN

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...hallenge.faces
michellerobison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 11:34 PM   #27 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Karen
Dog's Name: Bella and Jasmine (and Heidi at the Bridge)

They just had on tv pictures of all those that were killed yesterday. 12 girls and 8 boys all 6 - 7 years old. All the adults killed were females trying to protect the children. It is still hard to believe that someone could kill innocent children. It is just heartbreaking watching the reports.

"In a perfect world every dog would have a home and every home would have a dog"
maltese#1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 12:20 AM   #28 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Celeta
Dog's Name: Steve (a rescue)

I have a 6 year old girl and a 7 year old boy. I have to take the news in small doses or I'll lose it. It's just too much to try to comprehend and it's just devastating. That guy was sick, obviously, but I hope he rots in h#ll.

StevieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement