Hi Everyone - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-15-2012, 01:23 PM   #1 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Default Hi Everyone

I've perused SM, but haven't posted much in a while. I've had vertigo since the end of September, then got a sinus infection, cold and stomach flu within 3 weeks of each other! I can't shake the vertigo, so I have a team of doctors at UCLA trying to figure out what's wrong. I've missed a lot of work and have been really anxious and depressed.

Then on Thursday my mom went to the doctor because she's been having shortness of breath. They did a chest x-ray and found fluid on her lungs, and she had really high blood pressure. She was admitted to the hospital that night and had 1.5 liters of fluid drained. More testing revealed nodules in her abdomen. The doctors strongly suspect cancer, but they're not sure what type yet (they think ovarian).

I am just in shock. My mom has had some health issues over the past few years due to hyperthyroidism, but is otherwise a VERY strong woman, physically and mentally. She is only 61 years old. My paternal grandmother is still going strong at 92! I just can't imagine losing my mom now. I still need her so much. We are best friends and although we live 6 hours apart, we talk on the phone at least 3 times every day.

If you could please keep my mom (Laurie) and my family in your prayers, I would appreciate it so much. I'm attaching a photo of her and my dad with baby Emerson, who has brought my mom so much joy in the three months he's been here.

zooeysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-15-2012, 01:33 PM   #2 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Barbie
Dog's Name: Zoe (Kyra my Angel in Heaven)

Elizabeth, so sorry to hear about your illness and your mom's. Its hard when a loved when gets sick and even harder when your not feeling well either. I had vertigo, a one time incident and it was horrible so I know what your going through. Did your doctor give you a series of exercises to do to help you deal with the episodes? Hugs and prayers for you and your mom.
Old 12-15-2012, 01:35 PM   #3 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Name: Maggie
Dog's Name: Sweetness and Tessa

Elisabeth, I am so very sorry you are going through all of this. I will keep you and your family, and especially your mom, in my prayers. She is way too young - not that much older than me, actually!

Sending you virtual hugs!
Old 12-15-2012, 01:39 PM   #4 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Aastha
Dog's Name: Gustave & Mieka

I am so sorry to hear all this. I am often at loss of words in these situations, but you and your mom will be in my thoughts.

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App
eiksaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 08:42 PM   #5 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Deborah
Dog's Name: Laurel (maltese), Dewey, Violet and Hardy and Dewey

I too am sorry you!ve been under the weather. My prayers are being offered for your mom, and praying that it's NOT cancer!!

Furbabies mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 09:46 PM   #6 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Kim
Dog's Name: Piper, Lola, Gracie and Hope (Jacob's Promise of Hopes and Dreams)

Elisabeth I am sorry to hear you have been ill. I hope you find relief soon for the vertigo. I want you to know my thoughts and prayers are with you and your mom. I pray for strength to help her get through all the testing and needed treatments. God Bless you and your family.
Old 12-15-2012, 09:55 PM   #7 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoe's Mom88 View Post
Elizabeth, so sorry to hear about your illness and your mom's. Its hard when a loved when gets sick and even harder when your not feeling well either. I had vertigo, a one time incident and it was horrible so I know what your going through. Did your doctor give you a series of exercises to do to help you deal with the episodes? Hugs and prayers for you and your mom.
Thank you, Barbara. It is one of the worst feelings, isn't it? I haven't seen the neurologist yet, but I've tried some exercises I found on Youtube, as well as yoga for vertigo. It has helped a little.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggieh View Post
Elisabeth, I am so very sorry you are going through all of this. I will keep you and your family, and especially your mom, in my prayers. She is way too young - not that much older than me, actually!

Sending you virtual hugs!
Thank you so much, Maggie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eiksaa View Post
I am so sorry to hear all this. I am often at loss of words in these situations, but you and your mom will be in my thoughts.

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App
Thank you, Aastha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furbabies mom View Post
I too am sorry you!ve been under the weather. My prayers are being offered for your mom, and praying that it's NOT cancer!!
I appreciate your prayers so much, Deborah
Old 12-15-2012, 09:56 PM   #8 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Thank you, Kim <3
Sponsored Links
Advertisement