Another Mother needing prayers - Page 5 - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-22-2012, 07:32 PM   #41 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Robin
Dog's Name: Phoebe Trixibell (adopted) and Griffin (Bonnie's Angel)

FINAL UPDATE AND WONDERFUL NEWS: I just talked with my brother and he was in contact with a lovely woman who is willing to stay with my Mother 24/7. This is huge as we really wanted her to be able to stay in her own home. Mrs. Ida even has a back-up for when she goes to church or has to have a day off. We have known her for several years and Mother loves her! She'll be able to drive her to rehab when she starts in three weeks unless they can do in-home rehab. I doubt this will be the case as she lives so far away from "civilization". Even with her dementia, she's been able to take care for herself, drive and even volunteer at a Nursing Home every week for past several years. This facility also doubles as a Rehab center and that is where she'll go for rehab if they can't come to her. Our prayers have been answered.

When she is discharged, most likely on Christmas eve, she will go to my sister's home which is less than 20 miles from her own home. I don't think she'll return to her "normal" until she's back in her own home though. Whenever something upsets her apple cart, her mind just turns to mush. When she's in her familiar surroundings and on her routine, she returns to her "normal" self and is capable of taking care of business. She just has to accept that she'll be needing help now while she recovers. We all have a feeling though that this transition will probably be permanent. Hopefully, she'll get comfortable with someone taking care of her for a change.

I'm so sorry for rambling but I think it's good therapy for ME. I know I need to wind down and rest because I still haven't slept. I guess this is just the way I cope...

I would hate to live in a world without dogs, glass, or wine...
MoonDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-22-2012, 09:41 PM   #42 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Name: Maggie
Dog's Name: Sweetness and Tessa

Robin, good news in your update!
Advertisement