Anyone Know Who's Sharing Our Maltese Photos on Facebook? - Page 3 - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-21-2012, 10:24 AM   #21 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Stacy
Dog's Name: Lucy, Lois, Cookie and Steve
Send a message via Yahoo to bellaratamaltese

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellbeme View Post
I don't understand, I would think you guys would be flattered that someone thought your babies were beautiful enough to share. When you put something on the internet, it is never going to be a private thing. These posts? There are tons of people who read them, not just those of us who register with a screen name that you get to know.

Really guys, with facebook, if you don't want everyone to be able to see it, then don't post it. Facebook can take your pictures and do with them what they like. That doesn't mean they will-but they certainly can.
I don't have a problem with it only because she is not trying to claim them as her own dogs, she is just sharing the photos on her wall. It is a little weird to get a notification saying a stranger is sharing your photo but it is not something I would report to facebook.

bellaratamaltese is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-21-2012, 11:00 AM   #22 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Orla
Dog's Name: Milo
Send a message via MSN to Orla

She's only sharing the photo's - not reposting them, so I don't see the problem. That's one of Facebooks features.
Anything you put on the internet can be shared or stolen and reposted.

I've seen pictures of Milo uploaded to places by other people and if they're not making money from them, I don't really care.

I'm actually flattered when people share pics of him.

Milo's Instagram
Orla is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 12:15 PM   #23 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Beatriz
Dog's Name: Dominic, Benjamin (Bellarata's Bark Knight Rises by Design) & Elena (Ch Bellarata's Prophecy Girl)

Oh wow calling brazilian scammers, byb and so on... I'm sorry but this is going too out there. I agree that if you don't want your pictures to be share, don't post it. We have been living on a digital era has been a while and once is up there you have no control. And yes I'm Brazilian and I offer to write her a message asking/informing her that dog owners are feeling uncomfortable with the sharing and no one bother to answer me. Seems like the idea here is to make a fuzz about it. I'm sorry but that's my honest opinion. The girl is sharing pictures of all sorts of animals not claiming or selling anything, just showing her love and appreciation for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App
Dominic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 01:14 PM   #24 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Janine
Dog's Name: Charlie & Alex at Rainbow Bridge
Send a message via MSN to MalteseJane

At the bottom of the pictures it says : Like Comment Share.
If you don't want to share, don't post it. I don't post pictures of my family on FB because I don't want them plastered all over the internet. I don't keep a photo album with private pictures on the internet. What pictures I post I don't care if they are shared or not.
Old 12-21-2012, 05:19 PM   #25 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellbeme View Post
I don't understand, I would think you guys would be flattered that someone thought your babies were beautiful enough to share. When you put something on the internet, it is never going to be a private thing. These posts? There are tons of people who read them, not just those of us who register with a screen name that you get to know.

Really guys, with facebook, if you don't want everyone to be able to see it, then don't post it. Facebook can take your pictures and do with them what they like. That doesn't mean they will-but they certainly can.
I have had this happen too. Not sure if with the same person. I don't mind if they just like the look of my dog, but the fear is that a BYB or puppy mill will hijack a photo to promote their business. And this has happened. Recently on FB a woman was basically advertising "Micro Tea Cup" maltese puppies. One looked very sick to me. She was using photos from one of the very well known breeders and a couple of our members on her header and avitar. Her actual dogs were pretty shabby looking, but she was drawing business with show dog pics that she stole. None of us would be happy to be helping to support that type of a thing.

Please donate to GME reseach.
Lola's GME Research Fund
http://maf.convio.net/goto/lolagme.fund
pammy4501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 12:51 PM   #26 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: sandi
Dog's Name: Kitzel & Liesl

Quote:
Originally Posted by pammy4501 View Post
I have had this happen too. Not sure if with the same person. I don't mind if they just like the look of my dog, but the fear is that a BYB or puppy mill will hijack a photo to promote their business. And this has happened. Recently on FB a woman was basically advertising "Micro Tea Cup" maltese puppies. One looked very sick to me. She was using photos from one of the very well known breeders and a couple of our members on her header and avitar. Her actual dogs were pretty shabby looking, but she was drawing business with show dog pics that she stole. None of us would be happy to be helping to support that type of a thing.
part of their soul remains unawakened."
"Wag more Bark less"
edelweiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 06:58 PM   #27 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Jane
Dog's Name: Zoey, Tess & Emy
Send a message via AIM to njdrake

She isn't on my friend list but she has several pictures of my girls too.
Old 12-22-2012, 08:28 PM   #28 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Sylvia
Dog's Name: MiMi, Ray and RuRu

Anyone who worries that their photos will be stolen and ill used simply needs to imbed their name on the photo before posting it. You can do watermark style that won't really distract, but still prevent some unscrupulous person from claiming it as their own. Anything that you post on the internet is fair game, unless you copyright...or imbed your name. I, personally, don't care. I never post anything I am not okay with the whole world seeing...well, not any more.
Old 12-23-2012, 04:36 PM   #29 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Jackie
Dog's Name: Pippa and Cozette. Dolly and Tiffany are angels at the Bridge

Beatriz, I don't think anyone is bashing this person nor claiming she is a BYB-- I didn't know her and got numerous notifications that she was sharing my photos and I was curious if anyone knew who she was. I didn't respond to your post earlier about whether I wanted you to contact her because I didn't think that that was necessary since she was just sharing the pics. Other posts discussing the things BYBs have done with pictures they have taken from others were just that-- discussions.

socalyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 12:13 AM   #30 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Dog's Name: Ivy

We raise horses and have had problems with people taking and using photos of our horses from our website for many years. Some people ask first but I suspect most don't. One time years ago I was browsing ebay and someone was selling COFFEE with a photo of our stallion on the label, taken right from our website. I was NOT happy that someone else was trying to make money off of my horse's image when I am the one paying for him, his food, his care, and cleaning up after him everyday. When I asked her to please immediately stop using his image to sell coffee she actually got snippy about it. Sheesh! At any rate, I understand your discomfort. They are our babies, we should have sole use of their images; but once a photo is on the net, it's gone.
IvysMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement