Anyone Know Who's Sharing Our Maltese Photos on Facebook? - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-20-2012, 08:43 PM   #1 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Jackie
Dog's Name: Pippa and Cozette. Dolly and Tiffany are angels at the Bridge
Default Anyone Know Who's Sharing Our Maltese Photos on Facebook?

I got some email notices about someone not on my friends list sharing my photos of Pippa and other Malteses in Stacy's hotel room that I'd taken at the Ventura Dog Show. I looked at her page, and there were my photos, as well as pictures from other Maltese owners, on her Facebook page. I wasn't familiar with the name-- does anyone know this person? Her name is Vanessa Moskalenko Barbosa https://www.facebook.com/vanessa.moskalenkobarbosa. I realize it could be someone I know but my faulty brain isn't making a connection. As I said, she's not on my friends list-- and I thought only my friends could see my pictures. If I don't know this person from here on SM, I would be a bit uncomfortable to have my pictures being shared on her page. If I know her, it's not a problem. Can someone tell me if the name rings a bell?

socalyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-20-2012, 08:51 PM   #2 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Marisa
Dog's Name: Obi (Bellarata's You Better Believe It) & Owen (Aria Maltese)

whoa!~ I just checked that facebook page-- very weird! I saw your pics and Stacy's pics of her dogs being shared as well. Maybe you can adjust your settings so that people who aren't your friends directly can't access your pics?
hoaloha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 08:52 PM   #3 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Jackie
Dog's Name: Pippa and Cozette. Dolly and Tiffany are angels at the Bridge

I thought I had, Marisa! I didn't even know anyone who wasn't a friend could see them-- unless she got them from here on SM?

socalyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 08:55 PM   #4 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Marisa
Dog's Name: Obi (Bellarata's You Better Believe It) & Owen (Aria Maltese)

It looks like she is sharing a bunch of pics from many different breeders too.

This is from the facebook privacy help site:

"Before you post, look at the audience selector. Use the dropdown menu to choose who you want to share a post with.

You'll see this tool most places you share content, whether itís a status update or information on your timeline.

In most places, the tool remembers the audience you shared with the last time you posted something and uses the same audience when you share again unless you change it. For example, if you choose Public for a post, your next post will also be Public unless you change this audience when you post.

If you want to change who youíre sharing with, open the dropdown menu and choose a different audience. Remember: anyone you tag in a post, along with their friends, may see the post.

To make it clear who youíre sharing with, the audience you select appears along with whatever you're saying, most places you share. You can also use the audience selector to change who you are sharing with after you post something.

Note: When you post to another person's timeline, that person controls what audience can view the post."

You can click "CUSTOM" and it will let you further customize tagged people, etc.

you can still go back and change the audience too! hope that helps

Last edited by hoaloha; 12-20-2012 at 08:59 PM.
hoaloha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 08:57 PM   #5 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Shelly
Dog's Name: Rocky Muffin and Prince Tucker Bean

You post on your page, your friends share, their friends share and so on and so on and so on. I didn't see at any point where she was claiming the pictures as her own, I just saw that she was sharing the glory of your dogs in all their awesomeness which, to me, is not a bad thing.
Old 12-20-2012, 08:58 PM   #6 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Bridget
Dog's Name: Lady Bella (and Katie & Lucky at The Bridge)

Her name isn't familiar, but the other day I google Maltese something or another and was looking at images. Ava showed up almost right away. I'm wondering if all photos end up on the web, which would make them easy to steal?

"A weed is just a plant whose virtues have not yet been discovered."
Summergirl73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 09:02 PM   #7 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Shelly
Dog's Name: Rocky Muffin and Prince Tucker Bean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summergirl73 View Post
Her name isn't familiar, but the other day I google Maltese something or another and was looking at images. Ava showed up almost right away. I'm wondering if all photos end up on the web, which would make them easy to steal?
I don't see that they were stolen. Did you guys know that you can now share pictures and stories that your friends post? And if your friends share them, their friends can see them and shaer them, and so on, it is something that is semi-new to face book.
Old 12-20-2012, 09:16 PM   #8 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Marj
Dog's Name: Bailey and Lady at the Bridge

Report it to Facebook. They will remove pictures that are used without permission.
Ladysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 10:22 PM   #9 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Beatriz
Dog's Name: Dominic, Benjamin (Bellarata's Bark Knight Rises by Design) & Elena (Ch Bellarata's Prophecy Girl)

I just took a look and she is from Brazil. If you like to I can write to her telling her that as much as she loves Maltese dogs and as far as I could read she is sharing the pictures only out of appreciation, that she shouldn't do it without the dog's owner permission. I mean I can write to her as I'm from Brazil as well so I can write in Portuguese.

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App
Dominic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 10:49 PM   #10 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Susan
Dog's Name: Tyler

She's from Brazil. Have no idea who she is. Unless she's friends with Stacy from showing?? I thought that if you share with friends only they can't pass on but I guess not.

Snowbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement