Are you ready? - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-24-2012, 06:49 PM   #1 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Sylvia
Dog's Name: MiMi, Ray and RuRu
Wink Are you ready?

Are you exhausted? Ready to drop? Are your presents wrapped, house sparkling clean and decorated? Cards posted? Have your pooches been bathed and wearing their Christmas dresses and/or bows. Have you finished baking hundreds of cookies? If all that is done...pour yourself a glass of wine, have a nice hot bath....and shave your legs. Oh and don't forget to put lipstick on...Santa likes red lipstick.

I'm taking a short break. I'm almost done. If I stay up all night I'll be ready.
The only problem is, I don't look good in red.:Histerica lSmiley:

Merry Christmas
Advertisement

Old 12-24-2012, 06:55 PM   #2 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Bridget
Dog's Name: Lady Bella (and Katie & Lucky at The Bridge)

Oh man, I have to shave too? This is just entirely too much work! LOL . DH and I plan to stay home tomorrow and just relax. Hmmmm maybe I should see how I look in red . Merry Christmas to DH! lol

"A weed is just a plant whose virtues have not yet been discovered."
Summergirl73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 07:11 PM   #3 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Robin
Dog's Name: Phoebe Trixibell (adopted) and Griffin (Bonnie's Angel)

Merry Christmas Sylie! I am not ready but I'm on my 2nd glass of wine, my legs are silky smooth and the hubs bought cookies at Publix yesterday. Oh dang, I've gotta go stuff the stockings!!! Merry Christmas!

I would hate to live in a world without dogs, glass, or wine...
MoonDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 07:20 PM   #4 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Pat
Dog's Name: Archie, Abbey, Ava, Mona Lisa and Tinker

Well, I gotta say this has been a Christmas season like no other for me....ever! First my house gets town apart (literally) and isn't quite back together yet, then I got sick several days ago...and I have to say, I've never been this sick before in my life!!! Been down in bed all day long....felt like death warmed over. So, here it is Christmas Eve...never got much shopping done, never sent out Christmas cards. Two strings of lights on the wreath hanging outside and one of them already went out!!!

But for some reason.....it doesn't matter. I think it was just meant to be, I'm happy anyway. Well as soon as I feel better I'll be happier

Archie, Ava and Abbey
Life is Good!!!....and keeps gettin' better!!!

To get to Ava's FB page...
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Ava/2...9759780?ref=hl
The A Team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 08:17 PM   #5 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Marie
Dog's Name: Snowball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylie View Post
Are you exhausted? Ready to drop? Are your presents wrapped, house sparkling clean and decorated? Cards posted? Have your pooches been bathed and wearing their Christmas dresses and/or bows. Have you finished baking hundreds of cookies? If all that is done...pour yourself a glass of wine, have a nice hot bath....and shave your legs. Oh and don't forget to put lipstick on...Santa likes red lipstick.

I'm taking a short break. I'm almost done. If I stay up all night I'll be ready.
The only problem is, I don't look good in red.:Histerica lSmiley:

Merry Christmas

Oh, Sylvia. Yes, I am so exhausted. And, ready to drop. I am exhausted and ready to drop after recalling how I used to do all this stuff ... just like you!

There are no wrapped presents here for us. Well, Snowball received some gifts. But, Felix and I are not exchanging gifts this year. I wanted to give him a break with worrying what to buy for me. So, I took care of that myself! Today in the mail came a gorgeous pair of sparkling Morganite hoop earrings! I LOVE them! I am happy ... and, Felix is happy! And, for Felix and I ... a Vitamix is on the way! I really want to start the year off healthy ... food wise.

The house is not exactly sparkling. The living room still needs to be re-wallpapered, painted, and renovated in other ways since superstorm Sandy. (Oh, and State Farm said we need a new roof!) So, just patiently waiting until, hopefully, the work begins to get things back to normal again.

Snowball did get a bath ... and, I must say he looks gorgeous. No bows for this guy. And, although he has some cute Christmas outfits ... he is just being dressed in a comfy older warm sweater. The second floor where the living room is located is soooo cold ... thanks to the repairs still not done to the ceiling and outside. More shingles on the roof blew off the day before yesterday with the high winds. I figure if we get one of those snow blizzards and the snow comes through the roof into the living room ... well, then I will build a snow doggie!!

No baked cookies this year. I used to bake all kinds of cookies ... my most favorite being the old fashioned thin sugar cookies. Oh, I miss them this year. But, we do have my most favorite holiday ice cream from Baskin Robbins ... their pink peppermint ice cream is to die for! (thank goodness the Vitamix is on the way for the new year!)

I feel guilty about not getting more cards in the mail. We have so many lovely cards from dear friends and relatives.

I love to decorate ... but, again, it's hard to decorate and trim a tree with blue tarp draping the front of the house. We do have lovely Christmas floral arrangements here. And, my Kinkaid Christmas village.

I love to wrap presents. I am remembered by friends and family for my gift wrapping. I can take hours selecting the right bows, ornaments, and paper for each person. However, this year I had to send flowers instead.

Snowball will have his little stocking. He has an adorable gingerbreadman squeeky toy from Lynn. Snowball is not a doggie who goes wild over too many toys. And, a few of his organic lamb liver treats wrapped for him to open. Not a lot ... because he goes back for more lab tests on Thursday. I honestly feel that all Snowball wants for Christmas this year is to be with his Mommi and his Poppi. And, to feel well. And, have us make his favorite meals and play with him.

Here it is Christmas Eve and Snowball and Felix are snoozing. I am happy about that ... because Snowball needs the rest. I want him to continue to feel better. When they awaken, I will have boiled chicken ... with carrots, brocolli, rice, and pumpkin prepared for Snowball. I think Felix and I will be eating something light ... like a tuna sandwhich!

But, before I do that (Snowball is having a later dinner because of his antibiotic) ... I am off to take a nice warm shower and I will shave my legs! Santa will have to do with pink lipstick ... I look too pale with red lipstick.

Sylvia, please have a glass of wine on me. I am sure you will need it after reading this! Well, you asked us ... so there!

Merry Christmas darling, Sylvia! I love you, dear friend.

Last edited by Snowball Pie's Mommi; 12-24-2012 at 08:19 PM.
Snowball Pie's Mommi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 08:55 PM   #6 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Oh my dear friends, I love each of you for you contributions. Humor is, I believe the gift of God. I have been laughing so hard all day. I have a well timed ant invasion, my scale died in the middle of my baking, it took a long time to find the measuring cups. I screwed up one recipe so badly....used 2.5 times the amount of powdered sugar...and they turned out way better than the original recipe.

I haven't shaved my legs for two weeks, because these days, beauty treatments come last...hello...DH says he loves my "fur" and asked if I could keep growing it!!!! It is a joke to me, because I used to shave every single day.

I made 2 batches of biscotti, 2 of tea cookies, 2 pecan tarts and some chocolate truffles. That is about 1/8 th of what my mother did...and a lot less than I used to do.
All said and done, I am happy. It has been a wonderful year...that means a mix of 75% happiness and 25% grief. Life wouldn't be right without grief. We would be shallow, vapid creatures. Grief helps us to grow and blossom...my fairygodmother told me so.

So, on the eve of the most celebrated day of the year, I wish my dear friends a good long laugh. I wish that you will have the strength to embrace your pain and be grateful for the life lessons wrapped up in that ugly package. I wish that your joy will always outweigh your pain...as is the rule of the universe. I wish you a blessed Christmas and a bright new beginning...oh and sweet dreams tonight.
Old 12-24-2012, 10:15 PM   #7 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Brenda
Dog's Name: Jodi

I'm at my parents, and came here on Saturday and yes I'm tired but it's a content tired. Mom is 84, 85 in January and I have to keep up with her in one way. But basically I help out with whatever she's doing, lift the heavy things and run up and down over the stairs to get anything / or store something, in the downstairs fridge. I came home and the house is decorated, almost everything was wrapped. Today we made some puddings and dressing and she got the turkey ready, made icing for a carrot cake she had made earlier. She needed to go shopping for some last minute things, so we went, got dinner ready, then my nephew asked me to take him shopping (something we never do (of all times) but I enjoyed going with him just the same) then back to mom's to help her. Then out again for my last minute shopping, and finally just sitting around watching movies. Dad needed some things wrapped too. Luckily we delivered most of the gifts yesterday.
But I didn't get my roots done! I think Santa will forgive me. did I mention the cat decided to throw up in the middle of their living room. I hear this "What's wrong with Lily! BRENDA! I just say...HAIRBALL! and scoop her up so they don't have to watch it all. LOL. They love the pets but aren't really pet people. And this is just day 2 !

tomorrow is when family arrives for dinner, some are staying at their own homes for dinner and coming to visit in the afternoon, I think it will be less stressful than usual, I'm choosing just to not let it bug me, for a while these dinners were getting to me probably because I was up at 6:30 and exhausted by the time everyone else showed up...
and then there's more family arriving in the evening to visit for a few days.

Thank you Sylvie for the advice and well wishes for the new year and sweet dreams...same to you!

and so it's almost midnight ....have a Merry Christmas everyone!

Last edited by Maglily; 12-24-2012 at 10:27 PM.
Maglily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 10:23 PM   #8 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maglily View Post
I'm at my parents, and came here on Saturday and yes I'm tired. Mom is 84, 85 in January and I have to keep up with her in one way. But basically I help out with whatever she's doing, lift the heavy things and run up and down over the stairs to get anything / or store something, in the downstairs fridge. I came home and the house is decorated, almost everything was wrapped. Today we made some puddings and dressing and she got the turkey ready, made icing for a carrot cake she had made earlier. She needed to go shopping for some last minute things, so we went, got dinner ready, then my nephew asked me to take him shopping (something we never do (of all times) but I enjoyed going with him just the same) then back to mom's to help her. Then out again for my last minute shopping, and finally just sitting around watching movies. Dad needed some things wrapped too. Luckily we delivered most of the gifts yesterday.
But I didn't get my roots done! I think Santa will forgive me. did I mention the cat decided to throw up in the middle of their living room. I hear this "What's wrong with Lily! BRENDA! I just say...HAIRBALL! and scoop her up so they don't have to watch it all. LOL. They love the pets but aren't really pet people. And this is just day 2 !

so tomorrow is when everyone shows up for dinner...well some of the family anyhow....wish us luck and Merry Christmas to everyone!
Yes, you have the total holiday spirit well in hand. What would the holidays be without somebody throwing up a hairball?

I think it is a time to learn to do our best, but laugh when it all goes haywire.
Old 12-24-2012, 10:25 PM   #9 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lacie's Mom View Post
Huge time difference for me here in Paris. Anyway, we just got back from midnight mass.

Hope everyone has a very Merry Christmas!!!

Here is the grandson of one of my French Sisters, along with some of our other pictures from Mass.
I am living vicariously through you. Midnight mass in a catholic church is such a beautiful way to celebrate this night
Old 12-24-2012, 10:54 PM   #10 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Marie
Dog's Name: Snowball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylie View Post
I am living vicariously through you. Midnight mass in a catholic church is such a beautiful way to celebrate this night
Yes, I miss Midnight Mass. A beautiful way to celebrate the true meaning of Christmas.