Dis bees da bestest day ob da wear. - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-26-2012, 08:54 PM   #1 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Sylvia
Dog's Name: MiMi, Ray and RuRu
Heart Dis bees da bestest day ob da wear.

Da bestest. No bows. Now bwushes. Wees be laying awound in comfy. Mawmeme been wit us. We bees pwaying wit pwessies, getting some yummy tweats an lazin about on Mawmeme's comfy coat. Shes done care, cause shes be all soft an habby too.

This has always been my favorite day of the year. Whether it is a day to just take it easy or go out and play. Whether it is a day to bask in sweet memories, or be thankful that it is over for another 10 months.

This year I basked in fond memories. We had so much fun for Christmas. We had dinner at a friend's house with three couples we often party with. We all laughed until it hurt. The food was fantastic...each couple bringing the course that they are best at. I got desert, of course. I made a caramel pecan tart with chocolate drizzle and carmel/vanilla ice cream. Our hostess did the main course, which was intoxicatingly delicious.

We laughed and laughed. So, today I just kept enjoying the memory. There are yummy left overs and plenty of cookies to munch on. I am giving the pups and myself a day off from grooming. I am happy.

Now, I promise that I will put together a proper SS reveal tomorrow.

How was your day after Christmas?
Advertisement

Old 12-26-2012, 09:00 PM   #2 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Deborah
Dog's Name: Laurel (maltese), Dewey, Violet and Hardy and Dewey

I had a great day after Christmas! I did have babies for half the day, but then I went out and played in the snow with my granddaughter!! It was fun!! I did have to be on guard, if I wasn't watching she'd pelt me with a snowball! LOL. I'm glad your day was wonderful too! Our Christmas was awesome!!

Furbabies mom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 09:09 PM   #3 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furbabies mom View Post
I had a great day after Christmas! I did have babies for half the day, but then I went out and played in the snow with my granddaughter!! It was fun!! I did have to be on guard, if I wasn't watching she'd pelt me with a snowball! LOL. I'm glad your day was wonderful too! Our Christmas was awesome!!
Oh my....snowballs. We had rain yesterday, but blue skies and sunshine today. You know, I miss the snow...in December. But that is it. Slush and icicles, blizzards, hazardous driving conditions, I can do without, but soft snow, snowmen, and especially making snow-angels has a really soft spot in my heart. I did see and enjoy your pictures.
Old 12-26-2012, 09:30 PM   #4 (permalink)
TLR
Maltese Guru

Name: Tracey
Dog's Name: Ben

Awwww, what a nice break. I had to work but since we did our Christmas on the Eve, we took Christmas Day off. No grooming and I took Ben to the park and let him walk in the dirt and act like a normal dog, lol. That was my gift to him, get messy and no grooming.
Old 12-26-2012, 09:35 PM   #5 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLR View Post
Awwww, what a nice break. I had to work but since we did our Christmas on the Eve, we took Christmas Day off. No grooming and I took Ben to the park and let him walk in the dirt and act like a normal dog, lol. That was my gift to him, get messy and no grooming.
Yes, even the prettiest Malts enjoy a day off. And maybe a day when mommy isn't counting calories?
Old 12-26-2012, 11:46 PM   #6 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Barbie
Dog's Name: Zoe (Kyra my Angel in Heaven)

Zoe too had a day off from grooming and teeth brushing. It was a relaxing day. Didn't move from the house and it felt good. So happy you had a great Christmas.
Old 12-26-2012, 11:55 PM   #7 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Walter
Dog's Name: Lucky

Lucky loves lazy days, but for him, it seems to be everyday is lazy day. Your little ones have that look - mommy why are you waking us?
wkomorow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 10:17 PM   #8 (permalink)
mfa
Maltese Guru

Name: Florence&Cornelius
Dog's Name: Cornelius in my heart & Pearlan

Hi Meme an Way, das nice yous havs a wondewful day an welax on da mamemes coat. it wooks so softs. yous both wook so comfy in da piccie. dis fun to pway wif pwessies an git tweats, i did da same ting! mommy says her days bees ok.
Sendin kissis an huggis,
Pearlan
Old 12-28-2012, 08:37 PM   #9 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Terry
Dog's Name: Naddie, Quincy, & ( "Angel Missy" 8/11/94-7/19/05 )

Ahhh so glad you ALL had such a nice day!!

I'm felling much better...I'm gonna live!! ( just to spite everyone! )
My poor twirps only got a lick and a promise since I was 'layed-up' over the holiday.. Which was fine with them LOL ) BUT!... now poor Naddie has lots of mats. Glad she has lots of sweaters because she's going to have to be really clipped down. Quincy isn't bad .. he just doesn't mat like she does. Christmas day and Wednesday were my worst days and mostly in bed. My little 'nurses' didn't leave my side. I'd put them down offf the bed thinking they'd go play or visit daddy in the LR..if even only for a change of scenery, but nope.. they begged to get right back up with me, God love them! However, it amazes me how matted Naddie can get... doing nothing!

Since I had postponed the Christmas dinner ( I was the 'cooker")... and now a bit behind on things... we're having it on New Years Day. I only managed to do basics..feed hubby a couple of meals ( he did a few for me at my worst point) I fed the dogs... I have 'my' way of doing that. Did one load of whites...hubby was getting low on 'undies' and Santa didn't bring him any this year LOL

Hope I can get the grooming done over this week-end. I already 'chopped out' the worst ones and the 'holes' are covered by her sweaters. LOL Actually 'mommy' could use a good grooming too but it's not going to happen... no time!
Old 12-28-2012, 09:05 PM   #10 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Cute......