Really hurt myself this time - Page 4 - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-02-2013, 06:47 PM   #31 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Susan
Dog's Name: Tyler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maglily View Post
Such a shame Sue, and you didn't even get to enjoy the day skiing or even one hill. I hope it heals more quickly than you expect, and wishing you all the best for you, Jim, David and Tyler for 2013!
Thanks so much, Brenda.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylie View Post
Oh crap! I am so mad at you for hurting my buddy...YOU. I just hope it isn't as bad as you fear. I'm sorry that you are hurt and even sorrier that a wonderful long phase of your life is going to be the past.
Thanks, Sylvia. It really is a loss to me. I love to ski but can't take this anymore!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TLR View Post
Sue, I commented on Facebook but have been keeping an eye on the update. So sorry the news isn't good. Will keep you in my prayers.
Thanks, Tracey.I appreciate the prayers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malt Shoppe View Post
Oh wow Sue, how sad; not even getting to enjoy any skiing at tall!
Sounds very painful and long recovery. So very sorry this happened.
Skiing is such fun, but injuries definitely put a damper on that fun!
Try to be patient in your recovery.
Hugs,
Thanks, Claire. Trying to be patient about it and put a good spin on it though can''t think of one now. Oh, maybe the money I'll save on lift tickets.
Quote:
Originally Posted by maggieh View Post
Sue, I'm so sorry! That really sucks, especially since its something you love to do. Hoping it's minor and heals quickly!
Thanks so much, Maggie.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Furbabies mom View Post
So sorry about your injury! Hoping that it's not as bad as you think, and praying for a quick recovery!
Thanks, Debbie. I can't straighten my leg or bend it all the way so think it's somewhat serious.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonDog View Post
Like I said Sue, let's go to Virgin Gorda for some rehab. Water therapy. I'll take good care of you!

Feel better my friend. I'm so sorry this happened to you.
Robin - I'm ready. If only I could pack my bag. I guess i could try to smash clothes in with my crutch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoe's Mom88 View Post
Sue, so sorry to hear that....the most important thing is to get better and heal. Sending hugs and prayers to you!! Hope 2013 is a great year for us all!!
Thanks so much, Barbara. Am hoping 2013 will treat all of us well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wkomorow View Post
Sue so sorry for your injury. I hope it can be repaired quickly.
Thanks, Walter. I hope so too. Glad I got pix of Christmas reveal of all your SS gifts. I'd never make it down on the floor, or up, right now.

Snowbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-02-2013, 07:04 PM   #32 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetMalteseAngels View Post
Oh no~~~~!! I am sorry you were injured Sue. I hope you heal and recover quickly.
I hope so too
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deborah View Post
Hope you feel better soon. I injured my knee now way as bad as you it just hurt. First and last time I have ever skied.
At least I got in many years of skiing but with some breaks after my injuries. I'll have to look back fondly at my youth when I used to fly down the mountains and do moguls like they were nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladodd View Post
Wow, so sorry that has happened. I hope you heal quickly.
Thanks so much!
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoaloha View Post
Sue, I am so sorry about the fall but I am glad it wasn't worse of an injury (like one to your head). But, it must be so painful for you and disappointing. I hope and pray that all goes okay with the MRI and ortho visit. Rest up and know that we are thinking of you ::hugs::
Marisa - what you said is true. Head trauma far worse. That's why we all wear helmets. I wouldn't ski without it! Have had a hassle trying to get an ortho to see me but am set for next week. Yup nothing until then and most offices said they could see me Jan. 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixie's Mama View Post
I'm sorry you hurt yourself Sue. I hope you got to the doctor today and you are on the mend.
Thanks so much, Elaine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmillette View Post
Sorry to hear of your injury!! That just plain ol' sucks!!! We can sit on the side lines together this year!! Rest up and let us know how the appt and MRI goes.
I know - we'll be hanging around the lounge drinking hot cocoas.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aprilb View Post
Oh, Sue..how terrible!!! Bless your heart...getting older stinks, doesn't it?! Our "bods" just aren't as forgiving as they once were.. I just hate that you have to go through this again... I turned 60 today and I feel it...waaaa... I am praying that you would heal quickly...hang in there, sweet lady.
Thanks, April. I did this to myself almost 30 years ago so I can't blame age alone. Just bad knees
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maisie and Me View Post
Oh Sue, I am so sorry to hear you injured your knee again. I hope it just turns out to be a terrible sprain. I feel your pain as I felt a pop in my knee when we were in NY helping to get my Mom up after she fell out of bed. Had to take her to the ER and she pushed 2 vertebrae, L5 and S1 slightly forward and is in excruciating pain. This happenned the day after we got to NY. The first day we checked the basement in her house and it had about an inch of water on the whole floor, the ceiling was sagging in one part under the bathroom and a flood of water came out after we punctured it. Turned out the toilet was leaking. We spent the whole night mopping up and dragging all the wet ,sopping stuff upstairs and outside. We had just gotten to bed around 4:30 am and my Mom fell out of bed. She lives with my sister, so to give my sister a break we took her to her house and then the fun began.Needless to say this visit was a disaster.
I really hope for you that this is not a serious injury. Feel better soon. I can't wait until this year is over and that 2013 will be awesome for all of us
Wow, that sounds like quite a bad time that you all had Hope you're all better now. I'm just hoping I can do rehab again and not need surgery but not sure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by michellerobison View Post
I'm so sorry you got hurt so badly doing what you love. I quit downhill 20 years ago when my knees just got too bad,afraid to risk permanent injury...oh how I miss it!
Praying you heal quickly and find a less dangerous activity...Love and hugs!
Thanks, Michelle. I luckily had so many years on the slopes enjoying it. Nothing like a cold crisp clear day. I try to avoid the other ones. Hope my only hobby won't be knitting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball Pie's Mommi View Post
Sue, I just wrote you something on FB. Happy New Year to you, Jim, and Tyler! Sending you love and hugs.
Thanks, Marie. Love you!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellaratamaltese View Post
Sue I sure hope your knee feels better and soon!!! Happy New Year!
Thanks, Stacy. A little each day.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SammieMom View Post
Oh no Sue-- Say it ain't so..I am so sorry this happened...About same way I tore my knee in CO. Gosh, I will pray somehow it heals so you can ski again. I am so sorry Sue, I know how you love going to your home in Vermont and skiing. Such a big part of your life, I don't know what to say.
Sending you virtual hugs my friend.

ps
I know too well how those phones are a pain to post on.
Kandis - did you need surgery or just rehab? I got by with rehab both times.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The A Team View Post
Good grief....here you go again! OUCH!!!! Like I said before....I believe snow should be enjoyed in pictures, not in person. That's what the caribbean is for....and when you are all better, maybe we should all take a trip to float around in the clear blue water.

In the mean time, we'll just call you Hop-a-long Cassidy..errrr....Sue.
Pat - I could be who was it? Festus on Gunsmoke limping along saying "Marshall Dillon. Marshall Dillon." Yup I think the only activity I should have on vacation is lounge chairing. Wait, didn't I get sun poisoning last year? Arghhhhh
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckanen2n View Post
So sorry sue! I guess you have to wait for the MRI, but let us know what the doctor says. Try to rest and watch some good movies with Tyler!
Thanks, Carole. Will let you know as soon as I do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summergirl73 View Post
Sending you much love and healing wishes Sue. I know you must be so sad at the thought of not skiing anymore. Life can be quite unfair at times, can it not? Lifting up a prayer for you.
Bridget, you've got that right. Thanks for the prayers.

Old 01-02-2013, 07:10 PM   #33 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherish View Post
I'll pray for you to have a speedy and complete recovery. Years ago a relative of mine injured himself on skis & hasn't been back since. Please don't do that. Vermont mountians are still fun even if you don't "ski". Snowmobiles can give a great ride! (And cross country skiing with a leg brace might be an option). I'm a "Black Diamond" girl at heart and it's not just skiing that we experience. . .the lodge, the cocoa, the little kids in pink snow-suits, the clean air and amazing feeling of snow all around us, winters joy is a bigger part of the reason we love it. It's still yours! Vermont is your second State. Just think of doing donuts on a snowmobile - now that sounds fun!
Happy New Year Sue. Many good times for you ahead!
Marie - thanks so much. Really made me feel better. Not sure if my knee even fixed will hold up to snowmobiling but there are gorgeous horse drawn sleigh rides and snow shoeing. I'm hoping to be able to cross country. I love that more than downhill on some days. I do have beautiful views from my house too. I should really be thankful for what I have!! Thanks for reminding me of that Marie.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball Pie's Mommi View Post
Sue, I love what Marie wrote here! It sounds so uplifting ... and, now I would love to visit Vermont! It sounds like so much fun!

I am thinking about you a lot, Sue. Sending you lots more love and healing hugs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leila'sMommy View Post
I'm so sorry! I hope you feel better soon!

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App
Thanks so much Pam.
Quote:
Originally Posted by maltese manica View Post
Hope all is well and that you are feeling much better!!!!!
Thanks, Janene!!

I have an appt with an orthopedist on Monday and with another one on Wed. That was the soonest I could get. All your good wishes are really helping. Kind of painful to post -- sitting at desk -- but will try.

Old 01-02-2013, 08:04 PM   #34 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Dog's Name: Sammie & Penny

(Kandis - did you need surgery or just rehab? I got by with rehab both times.)

Sue-- Sorry I can't remember what type of knee injury you have. I had one fall/sliding sideways is more like it down an icy slope (far) which I went to rehab, can't remember how long though. I had that common surgery torn meniscus. Since you only had rehab, maybe that is all you need and you will ski again. Did you get MRI yet? That's how they found mine. Listen, I think I know what she meant when she said you prob won't ski agian in VT. I knew my leg somehow would need surgery when it happened. I felt / heard it tear. It hurt a lot for a bit, then eased off and was a dull ache. Couldn't really do much. After surgery it healed great, BUT when I ski I can tell it's not a 100% knee esp on turns. So I'm tentative on ski's and that is not safe thing to be. So that's not really skiing like before is it. I ski the bunny slopes or sit it out. I haven't been in a long while and who knows with this economy if when we will get everyone together again to go to CO. I love Colorado so much. But I have always wanted to go to Vermont too.
I hope you can get the surgery whatever kind and ski again. don't give up hope yet.

Last edited by SammieMom; 01-02-2013 at 08:10 PM.
SammieMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 09:08 PM   #35 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Dog's Name: Mateo and Mia

Thinking of you and sending you hugs of healing!
The pain of knee problems can be so debilitating (I have lots of knee issues ).
Hope you feel better soon!!!!

Mateo & Mia
joyomom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 01:40 AM   #36 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Celeta
Dog's Name: Steve (a rescue)

Sue, I know that's so disappointing! It's was always my biggest fear to injure my knee when we went skiing! You'll just have to take up snowmobiling or cross country skiing I guess! Or what about snowboarding? I could totally see you on a snowboard! I didn't read through the whole thread, but I'm guessing you'll be having surgery? I hope you're feeling better!!

StevieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 10:41 AM   #37 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Alexandra
Dog's Name: Ullana

Sue, I'm so sorry to hear about your ski accident!

Sending lots of hugs and positive thoughts to you for a quick recovery!

Alexandra

My lovely girls Ullana & Vanessa!

Alexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 04:08 PM   #38 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by SammieMom View Post
(Kandis - did you need surgery or just rehab? I got by with rehab both times.)

Sue-- Sorry I can't remember what type of knee injury you have. I had one fall/sliding sideways is more like it down an icy slope (far) which I went to rehab, can't remember how long though. I had that common surgery torn meniscus. Since you only had rehab, maybe that is all you need and you will ski again. Did you get MRI yet? That's how they found mine. Listen, I think I know what she meant when she said you prob won't ski agian in VT. I knew my leg somehow would need surgery when it happened. I felt / heard it tear. It hurt a lot for a bit, then eased off and was a dull ache. Couldn't really do much. After surgery it healed great, BUT when I ski I can tell it's not a 100% knee esp on turns. So I'm tentative on ski's and that is not safe thing to be. So that's not really skiing like before is it. I ski the bunny slopes or sit it out. I haven't been in a long while and who knows with this economy if when we will get everyone together again to go to CO. I love Colorado so much. But I have always wanted to go to Vermont too.
I hope you can get the surgery whatever kind and ski again. don't give up hope yet.
Kandis - I will likely need to get an MRI once I see the doc. I need an Rx to get one. I won't even do bunny slopes after this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by joyomom View Post
Thinking of you and sending you hugs of healing!
The pain of knee problems can be so debilitating (I have lots of knee issues ).
Hope you feel better soon!!!!
Thanks, Joy. So you know how this feels? It's my third injury so three strikes I'm out
Quote:
Originally Posted by StevieB View Post
Sue, I know that's so disappointing! It's was always my biggest fear to injure my knee when we went skiing! You'll just have to take up snowmobiling or cross country skiing I guess! Or what about snowboarding? I could totally see you on a snowboard! I didn't read through the whole thread, but I'm guessing you'll be having surgery? I hope you're feeling better!!
Celeta -- snowboarding I'm way too old for that. Then I'd probably break my butt or my face!!! I'm actually hoping I can rehab again but will have to see what the doc says. I'll let you know.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa View Post
Sue, I'm so sorry to hear about your ski accident!

Sending lots of hugs and positive thoughts to you for a quick recovery!

Alexandra
Thanks so much, Alexandra. Since you're a skier too I know that you know how hard this will be never to do it again but it really ruins the rest of my life when I'm out of commission for months. I'll just find other things to do

Old 01-03-2013, 04:42 PM   #39 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: sandi
Dog's Name: Kitzel & Liesl

Thinking of you Sue---as I said on FB you always do things in such a grand way!
I know you love to ski so am sad w. you that it is looking less likely in the future! There are many things in life (good ones, I mean) that we have to give up someplace on the journey, it is always hard to do and we normally fight it. I hope you can make peace w/what ever you are called to abandon & embrace some new things that will fill up your heart to overflowing! Sometimes the things we leave behind make new spaces for significant discoveries!
part of their soul remains unawakened."
"Wag more Bark less"
edelweiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 08:17 PM   #40 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Michelle
Dog's Name: Maisie Rose

Sue, Just letting you know I am thinking about you and praying for a speedy recovery!!!
Advertisement