Fluffs and Fireworks - Page 2 - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-01-2013, 01:40 PM   #11 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: jill
Dog's Name: P.Dink
Send a message via AIM to chichi
Heart

Dink barks at them, and thunder. I just keep saying it's all right. Someone in the neighborhood set them off last night.. Dink barked but after a while she just ignored them.
chichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-01-2013, 05:46 PM   #12 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Ashley
Dog's Name: Sophie

Sophie took hardly any notice to the fireworks. There were a couple really big booms she barked at, but other than that she slept through them on my lap I'm glad that she did so well. We'll see how she does on 4th of July. My BF and his dad do a HUGE display every year.

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App

AshleyAndSophiePup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 05:58 PM   #13 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Marisol
Dog's Name: Kelly, Kimmy & Khloe

Dolce doesn't really mind them but Kelly just barks at the few first ones that go off lol

Fluffdoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 04:37 PM   #14 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Janene
Dog's Name: Babinka (06/09/14 Rainbow Bridge) Peppino and Tiny Tina

Babinka is sooo scared of thunderstorms and fireworks I have to use the thunder shirt and rescue remedy....................
maltese manica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 05:43 PM   #15 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Frank HATES them. He gets so upset. I use the Thundershirt for him. It worked failry well.

Please Donate to GME Research
Lola's GME Research Fund
http://maf.convio.net/goto/lolagme.fund
pammy4501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 06:09 PM   #16 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Gail
Dog's Name: Lucy

Quote:
Originally Posted by maltese manica View Post
Babinka is sooo scared of thunderstorms and fireworks I have to use the thunder shirt and rescue remedy....................
And do they help a lot? I think I'll try the thundershirt for sure this summer. Then I have to decide whether to use rescue remedy or melatonin along with it. We live in Nevada now and hardly EVER have thunder, so the fireworks have been our only problem. But starting this summer we are going to spend a large portion of the summers in Michigan, so we will also be dealing with thunder. Poor Lucy, she trembles like a leaf. And there's really no comforting here. I hold her close, but she still shakes like mad. I have to find something that will help her.
LoveLucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 06:38 PM   #17 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Dog's Name: Ivy

No fireworks around here on NYeve, however:

Ivy, born July 14th, is the only pup from her litter to survive and the breeder blames the loss of the other pups on fireworks. The breeder's next door neighbors started shooting off a lot of fireworks about a week after the 4th and Ivy's very pregnant momma was so terrified despite her human mommy's best efforts to calm her, that she went into pre-term labor and had the litter prematurely. Ivy was the only puppy to survive and that was due to the very hard work of the breeder who bottle fed her every 2 hours round the clock for two weeks and worked hard to help this premature baby survive. I believe the wonderful and constant care and attention by the breeder helped to shape Ivy's personality into the wonderful little girl that she is; she survived and thrived and bonded closely on humans. Fortunately the breeder has two momma doggies and her other momma had her pups on schedule 2 days later so Ivy had other puppies to grow up playing with, even though they were only 1/2 siblings. But I feel so badly for the breeder that the other pups from Ivy's litter could not be saved. I'm sure they would have been as wonderful as my little girl.
IvysMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 06:41 PM   #18 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Dog's Name: Ivy

Our 1st Maltese, Holly, was terrified of thunder. I tried the thundershirt but am not convinced that it helped. I think it's one of those things: it'll work great for some but maybe not at all for others. You'd just have to give it a try. I guess you can sell it on ebay if it doesn't work for you!
IvysMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 06:43 PM   #19 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Nancy Wyant
Dog's Name: Mia

Mia shook so bad I thought she was going to fall apart. She was panting and trembling. I felt so bad, but all I could do was hold her until it was over. I knew at midnight it would be bad, and it was. It took her a long time to settle down. I don't know what I will do for the fourth of July.
nwyant1946 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 10:11 AM   #20 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Janene
Dog's Name: Babinka (06/09/14 Rainbow Bridge) Peppino and Tiny Tina

I would def try the Bachs Rescue Remedy for pets............... I swear by this stuff 100%
maltese manica is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement