Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

What the heck....

735 views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Leila'sMommy 
#1 ·
is with all this spam mail??? I don't WANT an iPhone!!! Is there something we can do to get rid of it...PERMANENTLY??? I keep reporting it and it usually goes away, but is there a way to lock the forum down so they can't keep posting???

#2 ·
Those advertisers join as members and then spam the board. The mods will delete the thread and ban the member, but it can't be totally prevented. In a way though, SM doesn't get spammed or trolled as much as the average open forum.

It seems like such a ridiculous method to try to get sales. WHO WOULD respond to such an annoying ad? Who would trust spam bots to actually go to their site, let alone BUY something from them? They probably annoying 500,000 people without making a sale.

#7 ·
Folks, today was much worse than what we normally see. There really isn't any way to prevent it so we just delete it and ban the spammer as soon as we can.

And to those of you who reported all of the "junk" today - huge thank you!!!!! I can't always read through the forums during the workday but I do check email every few hours and if I see spam reported, I delete it as soon as possible. Keep up the great work on reporting!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.