Memorial Tattoo - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-08-2013, 09:16 PM   #1 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Gail
Dog's Name: Lucy
Default Memorial Tattoo

So...when my Emma died in August of 2011, I decided I wanted a paw print with her name on it tattoed on my shoulder. Before I even did it, my Gladie dog died less than 4 months later in December. So...before I got my Lucy, I promised myself (and maybe I should admit, I promised Emma and Gladie) that I would get the tattoo. So, today I FINALLY went to the tattoo parlor and talked to an artist. He's going to do some sketches and get back to me. I decided to have some sort of vine with leaves, and the paw prints integrated, sort of like flowers on the vine. Each one will have their name cradled under the paw print in a pretty script. I decided to include Lucy as the third paw print on the vine. I THINK I'm going to have a little halo over Emma and Gladie's prints. I hope he comes up with a design that I like.
Anybody (who doesn't think I'm crazy) have any ideas or suggestions to add? I should point out that I am 62 years old and this is my first and will probably be my only tattoo. I just have this strong feeling that I need to permanently memorialize my dogs that I've loved so much. And in case I'm fortunate enough to have other dogs, I could add them to the vine. Thoughts? (Other than...that woman is NUTS...)
LoveLucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-08-2013, 09:32 PM   #2 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Sylvia
Dog's Name: MiMi, Ray and RuRu

I am overcome with emotion. I love your idea. I have nothing in the way of suggestions, because I think you have a very good idea. You most certainly are NOT nuts.
Old 01-08-2013, 09:36 PM   #3 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Aastha
Dog's Name: Gustave & Mieka

Great idea! I saw a woman who got her dog's ashes incorporated into the tattoo with the dog's paw print. I thought it was beautiful.

It inspired me to get Gustave's paw print as a tattoo too. Right now, while his paw print is still small, haha! Post yours when it's done, would love to see.
eiksaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 09:40 PM   #4 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Donna
Dog's Name: Ollie

I think it's a wonderful idea! I'm 61 and have three tatoos....I assure you this one won't be your last!! I have one more to get with my grandkids' names.
Old 01-08-2013, 10:20 PM   #5 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Nickee
Dog's Name: Yogi

You Have A Great Idea Do It! Iam So Sorry For Your Loss I Know It Hurts Deep. Its A Pain Like No Other Loss. Best Wishes For You.

Time Heals All*

Last edited by Yogi's Mom; 02-23-2013 at 10:34 AM.
Yogi's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 10:22 PM   #6 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Aastha
Dog's Name: Gustave & Mieka

Quote:
Originally Posted by munchkn8835 View Post
I think it's a wonderful idea! I'm 61 and have three tatoos....I assure you this one won't be your last!! I have one more to get with my grandkids' names.
Agreed. No such thing as 'last' tattoo.

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App
eiksaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 10:31 PM   #7 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Barbie
Dog's Name: Zoe (Kyra my Angel in Heaven)

Gail, I think that is great!! I lost my furbaby Kyra 2 years ago and since then wanted to get a tatoo in remembrance of her and my love for her. I don't have any tatoos and never, ever thought of getting one but since she's been gone I have the desire to do so for her. Your not crazy and I can't wait to see it when its done. Go for it!!
Old 01-08-2013, 10:55 PM   #8 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Gail
Dog's Name: Lucy

I love that I got encouragement. Thanks! I'll post a photo when it's done. I've pretty much decided NOT to go with their actual paw prints because for Emma and Gladie I only have the prints that were taken at the crematorium and, while I'm glad to have them, they weren't really that well done. I've decided I would rather have nice looking representative paw prints. I'll have to see what the artist comes up with!
LoveLucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 10:58 PM   #9 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Barbie
Dog's Name: Zoe (Kyra my Angel in Heaven)

I agree to let the artist do the prints....I admire you for doing it the tatoo. Maybe it will give me the push I need to actually do it like I want to. Keep us posted!!
Old 01-09-2013, 08:27 AM   #10 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Toni
Dog's Name: Bella

Nope, not crazy I have a memorial tattoo between my shoulder blades for my big brother and my nephew who we lost in 2008 3 months apart it's Angel wings with two hearts and in the hearts are the Chinese symbols for Eldest Brother and Nephew.
I have been wanting to get another one but the husband is not liking the idea, oh well. If I were to find another I really like I will do it again

Toni Wilson
Willow Springs, NC
ToniLWilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement