Have to have surgery - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-08-2013, 11:04 PM   #1 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Susan
Dog's Name: Tyler
Unhappy Have to have surgery

Some of you already saw this on FB since I could post more easily while at the doc and radiology. I went to the orthopedist today and as I suspected (maybe I missed my calling and should have been a doctor) I have completely torn my Anterior Cruciate Ligament and partially tore my meniscus. I'll have to have surgery to repair both of them. He said i have a great looking knee. I'm just glad anything looks good medically (and otherwise) at this age.

The ACL repair has become SO much better than when i first got hurt in '85. It's arthroscopic out patient and i'll be walking on it next day or so!! They use a cadaver ligament which is way better since pain from grafting used to be bad. He said in a month i could be running! I looked at him like he was out of his mind. Who the **** wants to take up running??? That's jim's thing! I liked the surgeon a lot and we can sked for a mon or Thurs. Think we'll pick a Monday so he'll be around...the doc that is, not jim. Trying for this coming or the next monday.

I know I'll be a nervous wreck. I'm really strong for others but kind of a chicken when it comes to me (I was never a hospital patient until I gave birth at 38) but I really am still in pain so I just have to put on my big girl panties. I know all your support, prayers and humor will get me through it. Jim can't wait for me to have it since I've been living in my own Downton Abbey, calling for servants to bring me my needs while on crutches. He might want to move to another manor soon. I'll let you know when I set the date.

Snowbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-08-2013, 11:18 PM   #2 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Dog's Name: Sammie & Penny

Good luck Sue. Sooner the better, worse when too long to think on it---at least for me... I am not very brave. They get you up FAST now.
Well I guess it is a given you wont ski. i know, but I was still holding out hope. but sounds like a lot of torn stuff to me.

You poor baby, get all the butler service you can while it last is my motto.....

Last edited by SammieMom; 01-08-2013 at 11:22 PM.
SammieMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 11:29 PM   #3 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Barbie
Dog's Name: Zoe (Kyra my Angel in Heaven)

Sue, I am sorry that you will ultimately need to do the surgery....being in pain isn't fun and like you said now the surgery is so much more advanced than in 85. I am sure all will go just fine and you will be on your feet and feel like new in no time. Are you going to Hospital for Special Surgery?? I am sure whoever your using is great. My mom was suppose to go in for knee replacement at HSS last month but ultimately her blood pressure was too high and it didn't work out. Prayers and hugs to you and keep us posted on when your scheduled to go in for surgery. Feel good...just remember you'll be running in no time. That is my husband's favorite workout when weather permits, he loves it....me on the other hand, no so much!!
Old 01-08-2013, 11:46 PM   #4 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Nickee
Dog's Name: Yogi

Iam Sorry To Hear This. Surgery Is Never Easy-I Have Had 9/Thats Another Story There!

You Be A Big Girl And Dont Worry,I Know You Will Have Lots Of Prayers And People Thinking Of You. I Always Found That Means So Much. I Be Sure To Check Posts So I Know When You Go.

Last edited by Yogi's Mom; 02-23-2013 at 11:34 AM.
Yogi's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 11:50 PM   #5 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Sylvia
Dog's Name: MiMi, Ray and RuRu

Oh my poor baby. I wish I could come over and cook for you. Now, when the doctor said you have great looking knees...was he, maybe flirting? JK
Seriously, I hope that you won't suffer much and that you will feel the hugs from your sissies. I know you are a big brave, strong woman and will put this behind you in no time. Till...no time...
Old 01-09-2013, 01:05 AM   #6 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Audrey DeLay
Dog's Name: Jasmine (Female)

Oh susan I am sorry that you have to get surgery; however, you will totally feel better after!!! Keep us posted!!

dntdelay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 01:43 AM   #7 (permalink)
KAG
Maltese Guru

Name: Kerry
Dog's Name: Lola and Crisse in Heaven, Darla and Fallon
Heart

Aww, I'm sorry, Sue. I'll be praying and lighting candles. Please let me know if there's anything I can do to help.
Xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo
Old 01-09-2013, 02:22 AM   #8 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Name: Katkoota
Dog's Name: Snowy & Crystal
Send a message via Yahoo to Katkoota

Quote:
Originally Posted by SammieMom View Post
Sooner the better, worse when too long to think on it....
yeah! I like this, Awesome Sue and the coolest thing about it is that before you know it, you will be over with it

Wishing you as smooth of a time as possible. Take care my friend

Snowy & Crystal R in Youtube. Click here for their videos
Skittles & Thalj the lovebirds
the family's pink boy, Dante.
Katkoota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 02:37 AM   #9 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Marisa
Dog's Name: Obi (Bellarata's You Better Believe It) & Owen (Aria Maltese)

Sue, you are amazing and would be a great doctor! But, at this point in life, I think the school loans and time away from tyler would not be worth it! lol!

I am SO glad you feel comfortable with your Ortho. I hope and pray that the surgery AND recovery will be swift and 100%successful. I really admire your positive outlook. Let us know if there is anything we can do. Obi sends you kisses for your knee :-)
hoaloha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 06:51 AM   #10 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Name: Maggie
Dog's Name: Sweetness and Tessa

Well, I suppose the bright side is that the doc thinks it's good looking . . .

Sue, I hope they can get you in quickly, give you good pain meds, and that you're up on your feet (literally and figuratively) in short order! In the mean time, have that hubby of yours wait on you hand and food while your handsome Tyler gives you all sorts of loving!
Advertisement