Constant closing of threads...uggh! - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-10-2013, 03:09 PM   #1 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Bridget
Dog's Name: Lady Bella (and Katie & Lucky at The Bridge)
Default Constant closing of threads...uggh!

Am I the only person who finds it odd that threads are constantly being closed/removed? Several times in recent history, I have tried to follow up on a thread that I've responded to. Only to find them gone or closed. It is completely annoying. Either you want the feedback or you don't. Totally annoying IMHO.

"A weed is just a plant whose virtues have not yet been discovered."
Summergirl73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-10-2013, 03:27 PM   #2 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Janine
Dog's Name: Charlie & Alex at Rainbow Bridge
Send a message via MSN to MalteseJane

I have wondered about it too. If it says closed, at least you know it is closed. But if it is deleted, why not say deleted so we are not keeping looking for it.
Old 01-10-2013, 07:12 PM   #3 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Shelly
Dog's Name: Rocky Muffin and Prince Tucker Bean

I don't think I noticed this, huh. I have noticed a lot of old posts being drudged up and personally I would rather someone make a new post then dig up something that's old.
Old 01-10-2013, 07:42 PM   #4 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Sylvia
Dog's Name: MiMi, Ray and RuRu

I haven't found posts closed or deleted unexpectedly. There were a few that I knew were headed in that direction, but I never wanted to revisit those anyway.
Old 01-10-2013, 09:12 PM   #5 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Name: Maggie
Dog's Name: Sweetness and Tessa

Threads are deleted if they are spam, junk mail, against the SM rules (such as a vendor posting where they shouldn't or when a poster uses profanity which happened a few days ago) or harmful to SM or to one of the rescues we support. if an OP requests that a thread be closed and has a good reason, we close the thread but leave it viewable.

If you have specific questions about a thread that has been closed or that you think has been deleted, please send me a pm and I'll research it for you.
Old 01-10-2013, 09:20 PM   #6 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Lisa
Dog's Name: London (12/20/07) & Preston (03/25/09)

Threads are most frequently closed because people have hissy fits after they ask a question and people respond with their opinion on the matter. They get offended or feel attacked and ask for it to be closed.

I love the forums that don't censor so much stuff. Not that I want to see profanity, etc, but I don't really understand closing a thread because someone got their feelings hurt. It's the internet -- a completely public area...don't be a part of it if you don't really want to know what others opinions are. If my feelings are hurt from a thread, I just stop viewing the replies; I don't see why others can't do the same.
Old 01-11-2013, 04:35 PM   #7 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Name: Lynn
Dog's Name: Lacie, Tilly and Secret (Ch Angel's Top Secret of Khanthav)
Send a message via AIM to Lacie's Mom

An OP did recently ask me to completely delete a thread which was about a personal family matter and I respected her wishes and not only closed but removed the thread completely.

Lacie, Secret & Tilly
Lacie's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 04:43 PM   #8 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Sylvia
Dog's Name: MiMi, Ray and RuRu

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJSquishy View Post
Threads are most frequently closed because people have hissy fits after they ask a question and people respond with their opinion on the matter. They get offended or feel attacked and ask for it to be closed.

I love the forums that don't censor so much stuff. Not that I want to see profanity, etc, but I don't really understand closing a thread because someone got their feelings hurt. It's the internet -- a completely public area...don't be a part of it if you don't really want to know what others opinions are. If my feelings are hurt from a thread, I just stop viewing the replies; I don't see why others can't do the same.
Lisa, I used to feel that way, but realized that these rules keep the board a friendly and happy place. If the rules were not enforced there would be a lot of trolls and just plain nasty people. The trouble makers don't stay around, because it just isn't fun. It is hard to believe, but there are people out there who's only intention in joining a forum is to start trouble. I've notice some here, but they don't stay around very long.
Advertisement